Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bdguru
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default File Browser HELP

I bought this app and thought I could use my sdcard and blend my PB and my 9930. I don't see an sdcard when I open this app. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
    Sent using my PlayBook or my 9930.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

I actually played with this app and solved my issue If you have a PB and BB phone this is a MUST. No more usb cords for me!

Sent from my VZW 9930.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

ok another question. I have found the sdcard option. However, when i take a new pic on my phone it saves to my sdcard. I can not see it show up on my File Browser app. Any help would be great.

I'm not sure about that particular app but there are Android File Managers that might help.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks. However, File Browser is supposed to let Bridge blend the PB and my BB. An Android app would not let me connect the two devices? I think I am correct on this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bdguru View Post
    ok another question. I have found the sdcard option. However, when i take a new pic on my phone it saves to my sdcard. I can not see it show up on my File Browser app. Any help would be great.
    The Playbook has an sdcard folder that has nothing to do with bridge, a BB phone or anything else. It is part of the PB's folder structure, and it resides on the same level as the PB's accounts folder. It also mirrors the folder at /accounts/1000/shared/misc. Just which sdcard folder are you looking at?
    CrackBerry Abuser

did you tried restarting the app. I've noticed that when you download anything if file browser is open you have to restart samething with files and folders
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

When I go to /. I see a stand alone sdcard folder is this not the one I should be using?
    CrackBerry Genius

When I go to /. I see a stand alone sdcard folder is this not the one I should be using?
    Unbridge or turn off your phone and see if that folder is still there. You'll have your answer.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Ok turned off my phone and I still see the same files on the app. What file or path am I looking for. I have searched for the tutorial for the app but I don't see one. I am just very confused.
    CrackBerry Genius

What file or path am I looking for
    I don't know. I don't have that app and I don't have a BB phone, so I don't do bridge. That sdcard folder is on the PB because of the android runtime. Certain android apps typically will download to or store files in the android device's SD card, so when they want to do such they go looking for the devices SD card. On the PB, what they'll find is that folder, and they'll store stuff inside there.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

If you have this app please let me know. I am just not sure where to find my phones sdcard. Thanks in advance.

Is this the app by Imagine Beyond?

Looking at the screen shots in appworld, try using the << to keep moving up. I see that they show the folder structure of /accounts/1000/shared.

You want to be "above" accounts if it navigates up that far.

Now look at the list of Folders, "accounts" should be at the top of the list (probably none above in alphabetic order). Look down the list of folders. See if BLACKBERRY (mixed case) shows. Tap that one. If that works, you should see "SDCard" - this is guessing it works like other file managers.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

When I go into the BlackBerry folder I see sdcard but it is empty. Maybe I have to unlock something on my phone?
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Is there another app that allows me to use bridge to copy to my PlayBook?

When I go into the BlackBerry folder I see sdcard but it is empty. Maybe I have to unlock something on my phone?
    Interesting. I guess I get the same "blank" when using Files&Folders.

Ghost Commander an Android port is available in BBworld for free. It allows access to the sd-card on the phone and right now I'm playing an mp3 track, Moonlight Sonata, that is located on my phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Just downloaded Ghost Commander. Where do I find my sdcard?

Just downloaded Ghost Commander. Where do I find my sdcard?
    Depending on where it opens in the Folder structure, you either navigate up or downward - using the same scheme mentioned above. But since I have navigated around, I don't recall where Ghost starts initially. But at the top of the left column (rt column also), could be a Folder Icon with a bent arrow. Press that till you are at the top.

Or, at the very bottom is a there might be a Row of Actions: 1 Help, 2 Rename, etc. You can scroll that by swiping left and you will see some UNnumbered words including: HOME. Tap that word.

You will see Blackberry Media - tap that.

Now, be aware, that Ghost will also show "sdcard" but in that case it it is referring to the Android jargon for the PLAYBOOK's internal memory/folders and not the BB phone's folders.

And, yes, reading this it sounds confusing. Pacoman probably could tell you an easier way around either Ghost or other Android File Managers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Pacoman probably could tell you an easier way around either Ghost or other Android File Managers.
    Huh? As noted above, Pacoman doesn't have a BB phone so he doesn't bridge and thus he doesn't where or if one's phone's SD card will show up in Ghost. FWIW, I also have a Blackberry folder at the top of the file system- It only has one folder in it called InternalDeviceMemory, which appears to be empty.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default File Browser HELP

Sometimes you have to launch a bridge app such as email or BBM and then launch the file browser again.

File browser works great with a BlackBerry phone.
    Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by:
    F2 (04-28-2013) 

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Sometimes you have to launch a bridge app such as email or BBM and then launch the file browser again.

File browser works great with a BlackBerry phone.
    Sent from  using Tapatalk
    YUP - I opened Bridge Email and that fixed Files&Folders and may fix the app the original poster is using. I could look at the bbphone's sd-card. I even was able to copy a short video I filmed on the bbphone to the pb and then watch it (it would not open directly from the bbphone - probably because video streaming like that is not supported)
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Thank you to all that have helped! Opening the bridge text and then File Browser and holy sh*t it works. Thank you guys very much.
    F2 likes this.