Hi all. My name is Jason and I'd like to introduce my app for PlayBook called Feed Wheel. Here's the App World description and link.

BlackBerry App World - Feed Wheel

Feed Wheel is an RSS reader with a twist, literally. Feed Wheel lets you scan through your articles using a good old fashioned scroll wheel. If that's not your thing, you can still scroll through news the way the kids do. You can also customize your hand position so that the scroll wheel and the control buttons are easier to reach. And to make sure everything is synchronized back at your desk, Feed Wheel can optionally synchronize with Google Reader.
    I'm a bit light on documentation right now, but you can find a demo video at the Feed Wheel blog Feed Wheel: Feed Wheel for BlackBerry Playbook - Now Available. I'm working on some usability issues as well like how to better train users on first-launch how to use the scroll wheel.

The app is currently free while I gather feedback and bug reports from users. Please try it out and post your feed back on the support forum Feed Wheel | Google Groups.
    Anonymous94587689 likes this.
    05-02-11 07:31 PM
    Been playing with this for the last 30 minutes. Successfully added a few blogs i follow very easily. Extremely intuitive!
    05-02-11 07:34 PM
    Very nice

Just found an issue with accentuated characters, and posted a message on Feed Wheel | Google Groups
    Last edited by Briard; 05-03-11 at 10:35 AM.
    05-03-11 10:04 AM
    Thanks for the bug report. I'm hoping I can get a few more people using it and filing bugs while it's free. I plan to charge a small amount down the road as I add features and bug fixes.
    05-03-11 12:08 PM
    Look what happens to be running in the background while I'm reading this thread...
    Love the app so far. I'll post any issues that i find.
    05-03-11 12:26 PM
    Minor bug fixes are now available on the BlackBerry App World. Many thanks to all the bug reports and feedback people have submitted to the support forum.

* Fixed text encoding issues in article summary view causing some characters to render incorrectly
    * Fixed application hanging with additional error handling for missing authors data in articles
    * Support for RDF-formatted feeds
    05-12-11 01:21 AM
    I am using this app alot, but it is quite buggy. It freezes and hangs every once in a while. I will update tonight when I get home and see if it fixes it.

Is there anyway to bring over your folders that you setup in Google Reader? Right now in Feed Wheel all feeds are just thrown in kind of messy, and I have my Google Reader organized in folders.

Thanks for a great and free app!
    05-12-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD