I would say DDPB is not able to connect to your playbook for some reason.
    Are you connected with the desktop manager or the IDE.
    Are you connecting through Wifi or usb?
    Have you been able to side load other apps, can you try another app right now?

Make sure nothing else is currently connected and enter the correct IP address depending on your connection type.
    12-30-11 11:02 AM
    So has anyone gotten 1.0.2 working? Signed and installed fine, but that is about it.
    12-30-11 11:43 AM
    1.0.x signed package download release see first post ... it installed ok on my 2.0.x PB ...

FCEUX OS1.0.x release
    FCEUXpb OS2.0.x release
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    12-30-11 12:05 PM
    So has anyone gotten 1.0.2 working? Signed and installed fine, but that is about it.
    Do you have unzipped, unpacked .nes images stored in z:misc/roms/nes ?

It always exits immediately if there is no game found in this directory ( files that end with .nes ).
    12-30-11 12:07 PM
    yep. I have 2 files in that folder.
    12-30-11 12:10 PM
    So forgive me for being stupid, but I've sideloaded lots of apps before, but can't seem to get this one to work. I'm on OS 2 beta, development mode on, DDPB 1.0.7, downloaded your signed BAR file, but the DDPB says "Done!" on the installer, and nothing is on the PB. Any ideas?
    Try the SDK directly ...

cmd prompt ...

c:\ cd c:\bbndk-2.0.0-beta1\
    c:\ bbndk-env.bat

blackberry-install -installApp -launchApp -password <whatever> 169.254.0.1 FCEUX-1.0.0.2.bar

I can't think why you can't see an icon , unless something failed during the install itself.
    12-30-11 12:13 PM
    yep. I have 2 files in that folder.
    Does the splash screen quickly show up and disappear ?
    - This indicates it launches ok but can't find or fails to launch the .nes files

I have my files unzipped with the full normal names e.g.

Super Marios Bros 3 (E).nes

When it installed do you select ok for the file access dialog ? If you didn't allow you might need to re-install it.
    12-30-11 12:24 PM
    I can only play the one game named game.nes. Anything else in that folder when i try to switch games, it closes the app immediately.
    12-30-11 12:26 PM
    I can only play the one game named game.nes. Anything else in that folder when i try to switch games, it closes the app immediately.
    delete fceuxpb and install version 1.0.0.2
    12-30-11 12:57 PM
    AMAZING WORK - running 2.0 Beta - your a genius. Any way in the future to show the roms folder and being able to select which one you'd like to play? Thanks Again.
    12-30-11 01:48 PM
    Hi Guys, those who left behind like me.. (dont know to how to run this apps on PB.even after you side load bar file.. this apps not working). and EVEN POST ON THE SITE for HELP and noone really care about newbie ..so after day of my google. i finally make it work on my PB.. this is how i did on my PB. i am not sure its right or wrong but working for me.. but i still need to thank for bar code.

here's the steps
    1)First sideload the bar file
    2) create a folder under Z:\misc\roms\nes on the PB(NOTE : only misc folder exist, you need to create roms and nes folder .
    3) copy these two files i attached .. (DONT ASKED ME why we need smb3.nes)...

done
    click on the FCEUXpb on the playbook
    mczack likes this.
    12-30-11 02:39 PM
    Good stuff. 1.0 version works well.

Does the A or B buttons respond to held touches?
    I think it would be pretty hard to play games like Megaman without the hold/charge function.
    12-30-11 02:41 PM
    Try the SDK directly ...

cmd prompt ...

c:\ cd c:\bbndk-2.0.0-beta1\
    c:\ bbndk-env.bat

blackberry-install -installApp -launchApp -password <whatever> 169.254.0.1 FCEUX-1.0.0.2.bar

I can't think why you can't see an icon , unless something failed during the install itself.
    thanks for your help... its my first time using the sdk, and i'm not sure where the bar file should be in order to install using this method. do you know?
    12-30-11 02:50 PM
    ok i downloaded the new ddpb 1.0.8 and tried sideloading the file. it says "500 cannot determine package ID." do you know what that would mean?
    12-30-11 03:11 PM
    you dont need smb3.nes just a collection of any .nes games under misc/roms/nes so yes create the directory and copy .nes images on it. use ddpb tool to install , maybe it does some extra steps i dont know about.
    12-30-11 03:29 PM
    got it working! thanks all
    12-30-11 03:39 PM
    I can confirm loading errors on a few roms, if one of those roms is in your list, it will prevent loading on rotation. It can even cause the emulator to crash if you happen to be unlucky enough to have the rom chosen as the starting rom. I had these types of issues until i deleted a few roms from my list and it has been running fine since. I cannot be sure, but i think it might have been related to the ' in the chip and dale rom i had. A list loader might help things as you would be able to tell which roms are giving you trouble.

As for the emulator, it is actually really solid. Battery saves work and the scaling and filters, even with just the default options look great. I have however been having issues controlling things as there it is hard to know where the buttons are. Are there any plans for a controller overlay? If i had one wish that would be it.

Otherwise, thank you so much. If you ever get this on app world, with extra features I would be happy to throw down $5 on it.
    12-30-11 11:43 PM
    Works like a charm on PB 1.0! GREAT JOB! U DA MAN!
    12-31-11 12:24 AM
    Hi guys, I have a rather peculiar case... I was trying to load a bunch of different ROMS, and as posted previously, if a ROM didn't load correctly, it would exit. When I had SMB3, supermario, castlevania1, and zelda loaded, I could play (in order) castlevania, followed by smb3, followed by supermario, then zelda, then it would exit. If I remove supermario, I could only play smb3 and zelda, no castlevania.

Anyone else come up with a combo of games that work correctly?
    12-31-11 04:16 AM
    Hi froggyface, i saw ur youtube video u had duck hunt, does it work? How to we play it?

Can everyone share their working .nes games, it would be helpful to a lot of people
    hooper likes this.
    12-31-11 05:32 AM
    Hi froggyface, i saw ur youtube video u had duck hunt, does it work? How to we play it?

Can everyone share their working .nes games, it would be helpful to a lot of people
    I haven't enabled the light gun which would be a mouse like device I think in this case for games like duck hunt. Same goes for the mouse for Arkanoid it would be nice to have all these features. FCEUX should work with most games however, so it's possibly a configuration issue causing failures of some games goto FCEUX for details on the emulator compatibility.

Bugs/Issues with FCEUXpb:

I haven't put any error handling in the rom loader, it will bomb out if the ROM fails in the list. I will work on making it more robust so if it does fail it just reverts to the current working rom or skips on to try the next one in the list.

Missing graphic overlay for the NES pad. This is probably the biggest concern most people have because I also find myself swiping down just to see the position of the layout.
    12-31-11 10:08 AM
    Hi there, I'd like to contribute to your project.

I have the source in my NDK, but need the dependencies. Can you link me to what touchcontroloverlay and SDL you are using please?
    12-31-11 11:44 AM
    Updated FCEUXpb to v1.0.0.3 gfx overlay added, bad rom skipping ...

FCEUX OS2.0.x Playbooks"]OS2.0.x users can download here -> FCEUX OS2.0.x Playbooks[/URL]

Dependancies for the FCEUXpb compile are github.com/blackberry/SDL and github.com/blackberry/TouchControlOverlay you need to 'pull' these down , import them into your workspace and then compile SDL it will produce shared libraries libSDL12.so and libTouchControlOverlay.so these are then added as assets in the bar-descriptor.xml
    12-31-11 01:25 PM
    Hi there, I'd like to contribute to your project.

I have the source in my NDK, but need the dependencies. Can you link me to what touchcontroloverlay and SDL you are using please?

I'm using the latest versions of SDL and TouchControlOverlay december 23rd I think ... before this there are bugs that needed fixing.
    12-31-11 01:26 PM
    I intend to help out with them. I am no stranger to how github works, and am just familiarizing myself with the code. If you want to delegate out what you want done, that's fine, but I would certainly like to contribute to this!

EDIT: I can't seem to get it to build, even with SDL and TCLO. Can you provide your setup? Are you building on windows?
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 12-31-11 at 01:50 PM.
    12-31-11 01:38 PM
381 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD