Has anyone been successful with 1.0.8? I can't side-load the bar file. It appears to want the 2.0 beta.

In Terminal I get:
    result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (2, 0, 0, 0) have (1, 0, 8, 1971)
    12-29-11 04:03 PM
    Welp, much better than what I was working on, congrats and what features are you planning to add?
    12-29-11 04:26 PM
    Welp, much better than what I was working on, congrats and what features are you planning to add?
    dont feel bad i picked probably the easiest port in the world what were you working on ?
    im hoping otherw contribute to the github project but a better rom loader would be nice, remove the game.nes requirement which is annoying.
    12-29-11 04:38 PM
    Has anyone been successful with 1.0.8? I can't side-load the bar file. It appears to want the 2.0 beta.

In Terminal I get:
    result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (2, 0, 0, 0) have (1, 0, 8, 1971)
    i signed it with 2.0 ndk tools ... i think a resign with 1.0 tools will solve it ...
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    12-29-11 04:40 PM
    Thanks. That would be great. I can't wait to try it!
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    12-29-11 04:42 PM
    dont feel bad i picked probably the easiest port in the world what were you working on ?
    im hoping otherw contribute to the github project but a better rom loader would be nice, remove the game.nes requirement which is annoying.
    The farthest I got was having it open, but I was using nestopia. I didn't have thatmuch experience anyway, but it was nice trying to figure things out
    12-29-11 04:53 PM
    Is there an easy way in the xml file to show the buttons all the time?
    12-29-11 05:42 PM
    speaking of xml, where is it located? Or do you have to create the file?
    12-29-11 05:55 PM
    speaking of xml, where is it located? Or do you have to create the file?
    Its in the .bar in the "native" folder
    12-29-11 05:57 PM
    Its in the .bar in the "native" folder
    Oh thanks, and is it possible to change the colors or add a .png or something instead of the colored boxes? The placement of A and B gets confusing at times (Yes I'm that stupid :P)
    12-29-11 06:03 PM
    Oh thanks, and is it possible to change the colors or add a .png or something instead of the colored boxes? The placement of A and B gets confusing at times (Yes I'm that stupid :P)
    That's what i was asking in my above post. There are a couple .png files for the A, B, Start, and Select but the program doesn't seem to use them for anything.
    12-29-11 06:04 PM
    That's what i was asking in my above post. There are a couple .png files for the A, B, Start, and Select but the program doesn't seem to use them for anything.
    I've been looking around in the .bar and source but either it's there or Im just not looking hard enough, hopefully some other people can expand on this.
    12-29-11 06:59 PM
    There is a file called sdl-controls.xml you can add another line called label= blah blah that can display an image for the location. I will work on something...
    simpsonsguy316 likes this.
    12-29-11 07:02 PM
    Can someone please sign the app for 1.0.8 OS
    Thanks
    12-29-11 07:50 PM
    Thanks froggyface.
    This NES emulator is working great!
    12-30-11 12:55 AM
    For sdl-controls.xml you can add .png images with the image="" keyword like so:

<key x= y= height= width=>
    <label x= y= height= width= image="A.png"/>
    </key>

I'm not having much luck with it at the moment though.

P.S. I've updated my first post to a new version of the EMU with fixes ...
    12-30-11 01:17 AM
    Thanks for the update, but it seems the new release has no signed bar.. Can anyone sign it?

Edit: nevermind I found th bar, great work so far!
    12-30-11 01:26 AM
    Could someone sign it for 1.0.8? I have no clue how to do any of this, but I think I pieced together that you need it signed before loading with DDPB Installer.
    12-30-11 02:01 AM
    As mentioned in the post, currently there isn't a 1.0.8 release since OS1 does not support NDK2. In other words, OS2=NDK2, and OS1=NDK1, therefore no support as of this time.
    12-30-11 03:55 AM
    Love it, no word can be explained my happiness to get this app.
    Thanks a lot for your effort, your time, your kindness and everything.

PS. I am a big fan of NES games, it makes me journey back to my childhood.
    12-30-11 09:08 AM
    So forgive me for being stupid, but I've sideloaded lots of apps before, but can't seem to get this one to work. I'm on OS 2 beta, development mode on, DDPB 1.0.7, downloaded your signed BAR file, but the DDPB says "Done!" on the installer, and nothing is on the PB. Any ideas?
    12-30-11 09:11 AM
    Can someone please sign the app for 1.0.8 OS
    Thanks
    I suggested you to wait for only 1 or 2 months, OS2 will be released and you can install this app perfectly.

In my opinion, at that time, you will get the almost perfect version for your PB. Try to play NES games in other platforms during your waiting time if you cant wait.
    12-30-11 09:13 AM
    Can't seem to get the 1.02 version to work. Just opens and quits. Could the .nes roms I put on there be bad. I am not too familiar with the NES rom's. Found some Nintendo NES USA ROMs & Games free to download
    here but no luck..
    12-30-11 09:21 AM
    I suggested you to wait for only 1 or 2 months, OS2 will be released and you can install this app perfectly.

In my opinion, at that time, you will get the almost perfect version for your PB. Try to play NES games in other platforms during your waiting time if you cant wait.
    What kind of advice is this? I am confused...why would waiting make this better???
    12-30-11 09:55 AM
    any idea why the app wouldn't show up on my playbook?
    12-30-11 10:52 AM
381 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD