Entirely up to you, but you do know you can visit Facebook in the browser, pull down the menu clicking the +star button and choose add to homescreen?

Bobs your uncle, "app" made
    As I have said several times now, I wanted a nice icon. Plus, as I have also said, this version of Facebook does not work for me in the stock browser. And finally, you have the browser chrome with that method, this way I have full screen.

I know perfectly well that I can do what you suggested, but when it took so little effort, why would I not go for a superior experience? No one is forcing you to use it.
    04-13-12 06:27 AM
    For some reason (and yes i checked the prerequisites) I am unable to use the app. It doesn't actually output anything. Win7 64bit here. I set the settings.ini correctly, i even registered for new signing keys (and registered them with RIMs servers using the graphical aid) to no avail. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Webworks SDK as well. Any insight would be appreciated.

Edit:
    BuildID also increments on each attempt.
    04-17-12 09:25 AM
    For some reason (and yes i checked the prerequisites) I am unable to use the app. It doesn't actually output anything. Win7 64bit here. I set the settings.ini correctly, i even registered for new signing keys (and registered them with RIMs servers using the graphical aid) to no avail. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Webworks SDK as well. Any insight would be appreciated.

Edit:
    I'm sorry, I have no idea what the issue could be. BuildID is meant to increment on each attempt But as I made this primarily for myself and only released it in case anyone wanted it, I didn't bother adding any sort of error checking or feedback capabilities to it, because it "just works" for me. Apologies that it doesn't seem to do so for you
    04-17-12 02:40 PM

Edit:
    Do you use the same machine to sign and convert .apk to .bar?

If yes, there's some problem in signing the WebWorks app if the same machine was used to sign the .apk converted apps.
    I faced the same issue. My guess is there's a conflict due to 2 SDKs being installed. One that gets installed with WebWorks and other that's installed for signing and converting .apks.

I installed WebWorks and the WWBuilder on another machine I had and it works without a problem.

Sadly, I dont have enough skills to find out the reason behind this but this was what I found!
    Last edited by gtamhankar; 04-17-12 at 02:51 PM.
    04-17-12 02:46 PM
    After upgrading to the latest software update, the Facebook app isn't working anymore. IT just shows the upper blue bar and no content at all.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    04-18-12 04:14 AM
    After upgrading to the latest software update, the Facebook app isn't working anymore. IT just shows the upper blue bar and no content at all.

Its working fine for me.
    04-18-12 06:53 AM

Glad its not just me, Its odd it initially worked ok for me on the update, but I had to do a security wipe and after reinstalling everything and then reinstalling the application via the usual sideload methods I get the same just a white screen (other than the bar at the top). Shame if the update means it longer works as it was a nice version for facebook.
    04-18-12 10:09 AM

If yes, there's some problem in signing the WebWorks app if the same machine was used to sign the .apk converted apps.
    I faced the same issue. My guess is there's a conflict due to 2 SDKs being installed. One that gets installed with WebWorks and other that's installed for signing and converting .apks.

I installed WebWorks and the WWBuilder on another machine I had and it works without a problem.

Sadly, I dont have enough skills to find out the reason behind this but this was what I found!

That must be the issue then. Very strange that it does this, you would think RIM would want all the SDKs installed by devs.
    04-18-12 10:11 AM
    Had the same issue. Try to reinstall the app. Should work fine.
    04-18-12 11:14 AM
    Hey, just discovered your app! I installed it, (all versions) but I couldn't get it to work, it loads up, I get a really short sight of the sign in screen and then it goes blank with the facebook blue bar at the top... and that's everything I get... any ideas how to solve this ?
    04-18-12 01:08 PM

I have everything needed to convert APK -> BAR on my PC as well as the WebWorks SDK. Shouldn't be any conflict as far as I can see...but I guess it could be something to do with installing multiple SDKs or something like that.
    04-18-12 01:19 PM
    Hey, just discovered your app! I installed it, (all versions) but I couldn't get it to work, it loads up, I get a really short sight of the sign in screen and then it goes blank with the facebook blue bar at the top... and that's everything I get... any ideas how to solve this ?
    Exactly what's happening to me after the software update..
    04-18-12 01:20 PM
    To the people with issues: I'm sorry, I have no idea why it isn't working for you. Still works just fine for me.
    04-18-12 01:47 PM
    I'm trying it for the first time (the provided bar file) and it's not working for me either (just the blue FB bar at the top and everything else is white. I installed via DPPB. I just reinstalled, and I noticed this time when starting it, after the splash screen, a small loading message showed at the bottom for a bit then disappeared. I'm on the latest OS too.
    04-18-12 04:30 PM
    Maybe we were a little too late and if you install it after the update it won't work
    Anyways installed twitter and works like a charm!
    04-18-12 04:43 PM
    Having the same problem, a small blue bar with 'facebook' word in the middle, then the whole page is blank.
    04-19-12 10:31 AM
    So i did the manual conversion process from zip to bar and it worked? lol. Your app doesnt like me. For those having issues with the FB app try this one. Just remove .zip from the end.

Attachment 108182

Some images arent loading (appear to be externally hosted?) but most appear to do just fine.
    LimeTripBlog and TOphotog like this.
    04-19-12 12:16 PM
    Wow, took me a while to find this but this app is MUCH better than the regular supplied FB app on the Playbook. Even works well when bridging. Thanks for this! Grabbed the link from #92 post and it worked first time. Excellent, very responsive app versus the old painfully slow and even non-responsive FB app.
    06-02-15 04:09 PM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD