Hey,

I just want to let you know that there is new cool internet browser available for playbook called Fast Browser. This is perhaps the best playbook browser to date. I have tried few of them[secure browser,simple browser] and i find this one to be the best in terms of performance and features.

This browser is noticeably faster than stock browser. In fact i did some little test couple weeks ago against Firefox and Chrome for Nexus 7 and i was surprised to see that Fast Browser was faster than Firefox and about as fast as Chrome [chrome is still faster though]. Overall i thought to myself that this was pretty good considering much slower hardware of Playbook.

The creators have pushed out few updates making this browser really good in terms of features. The browser has several user agents, it has advertising blocking [normal and aggressive with 8000 filters ! ] and private browsing.

Typing keywords in the main address bar will automatically load google with top search results. Clicking on the task bar will highlight entire address and you can type new address in it right all the way. No need to [select and delete and then type new address like in Secure Browser]

I find that the developers put a lot of thought into designing it because the browser is extra easy to use. I love the fast browser has a button in the top right corner which in one click disables and enables java and flash. Very convenient imo. I use this button a lot since lot of times i just do not need java or flash on. Clicking the button will automatically reload the page with java and flash on or off.

Enabling private browsing, setting user agent, clearing browser history is all one click away. this is type of Z10 efficiency i like a lot in BB10.

Icons,control bars are compact and have good use of space for small playbook screen. I like that with one quick swipe the browser will re-render the page and go to full screen mode.

It is interesting how downloads are done in fast browser. If you want to download something fast browser will launch stock browser download manager. I actually like this as this is one thing that stock browser is doing well.

Fast browser also allows to quickly search through web pages for words.

the things that i do not like or i would like to be added in the future.

1. no portrait mode as of yet.
    2. I would like to see Fast Browser with selection of new themes like in Secure Browser
    3. night mode as found on some more popular android browsers.

the developer is active in the community and it does listen to requests and suggestions.

Fast browser is excellent. Overall at least in my case playbook just got new lease on life. Since i got myself z10 i found myself to use playbook less because z10 browser was just superior. With Fast Browser i can safely say that i started using playbook again more as i find internet browsing more enjoyable now.

I would encourage crackberry to review this playbook new browser. it is really worth it to spread the word about it.

04-11-13 02:49 PM
    Concur with OP based on my use of this app so far. So far the blue checkerboard only flickered very briefly once.
    bitek likes this.
    04-11-13 04:29 PM
    Thanks. I'll check it out. : )

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    bitek likes this.
    04-11-13 04:31 PM
    How does it work bridged? Any faster that way?
    04-11-13 04:33 PM
    This app simply disables flash and or javaScript by default hence the better loading times or am I wrong?
    04-11-13 04:42 PM
    What's with the saving files option that the op likes so much? I want to save a picture so I hold my finger down on it and "save image" which just opens the picture in the stock browser where I have to I hold my finger down on it and "save image" again?!?
    That's a great feature!!! NOT!!
    04-11-13 05:18 PM
    This app simply disables flash and or javaScript by default hence the better loading times or am I wrong?
    Yes in another thread the developers agreed that's what they did. It does make it more convenient than going to settings though.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:22 PM
    No they are enable by default. With flash and java on fast browser is noticeably faster. With java and flash off is blazingly fast.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-13 05:33 PM
    What's with the saving files option that the op likes so much? I want to save a picture so I hold my finger down on it and "save image" which just opens the picture in the stock browser where I have to I hold my finger down on it and "save image" again?!?
    That's a great feature!!! NOT!!
    I agree with you completely. .this is not any special feature but it is there. for example file save is not working in simple browser +. Secure browser does not have auto complete etc.

Bottom line is that fast browser is faster than stock browser with and without java and flash on and it is fully featured. Stock browser should be like fast browser in the first place. It is well worth the price and the developer has already released couple of updates. Good app.
    04-11-13 05:46 PM
    How does it work bridged? Any faster that way?
    It is faster imo.
    04-11-13 05:49 PM
    What do you mean when you say "for example file save is not working in simple browser +" ?
    04-11-13 06:05 PM
    Okay, am I missing something: where does one get this?
    04-11-13 06:11 PM
    BlackBerry world
    04-11-13 06:20 PM
    04-11-13 07:33 PM
    How about text reflow? The stock browser wasn't too good for reading pages where some ***** designer set a tiny font size. Dolphin can do reflow but the version that works on the Playbook is horribly buggy and slow.
    04-11-13 09:41 PM
    Okay, am I missing something: where does one get this?
    If you haven't found it yet, go to Blackberry World and type browser in the search section. From there you should see, Fast Browser.
    04-11-13 10:04 PM
    just installed
    superfast

thanks
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-11-13 10:14 PM
    Just installed it and yes, it's pretty fast. I'm getting fuzzy font rendering on some websites which the stock browser handles properly. It's like the fonts aren't scaled right.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-11-13 11:16 PM
    I remember seeing this browser before. It didn't seem worth it even at $0.99 because of horrible reviews. I can see that has changed now. Thought I'd give it a try. Not bad. Quite speedy.
    04-11-13 11:43 PM
    If I listen to the radio with the stock browser when the playbook goes into standby time out the radio keeps playing. Eg this url BBC - Radio 2 The Chris Evans Breakfast Show - Zoe Ball sits...
    But with fast browser it stops playing and I have to swipe the screen to kick it back into life. Is there a setting for this as I can't see it in the settings
    04-12-13 02:21 AM
    Just installed it and yes, it's pretty fast. I'm getting fuzzy font rendering on some websites which the stock browser handles properly. It's like the fonts aren't scaled right.
    send email to the developer with your comments or suggestions

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-13 03:26 AM
    There is a Fast Browser Thread in the Apps/Games subforum for pb's. The developer does reply to questions/suggestions as he does for their other apps.
    04-12-13 08:32 AM
    There is a Fast Browser Thread in the Apps/Games subforum for pb's. The developer does reply to questions/suggestions as he does for their other apps.
    yes i know but i thought that this app needs more exposure so i decided to open new thread with my own review. it is good app and again i think mode should suggest to have it featured on crackberry main page. we should support good developers who take time to write excellent apps for playbook. not just bb10.
    04-12-13 09:01 AM
    So far I like it. I recently had a bout with the native browser force closing (crashing) on me. Never had that happen before but read about it. I did a reboot and cleared cache and so far so good. But now I am not so confident in the native browser. Anyone had Fast force close on them yet?
    04-12-13 09:34 AM
    I'll give it a shot, because any PB browser that provides a quick way to toggle Java/Flash is a big winner in my book.

I would love to see Java/Flash control at the individual bookmark level, since some sites require them, but a lot of sites work just fine---and ten times faster---without them, especially on a slow bridge connection.
    eddy_berry and Bbnivende like this.
    04-12-13 09:42 AM
55 123