So how is that update coming along to get the Level 25 bug fixed?
    Didn't you take the time to read this thread in its entirety?
    93Aero likes this.
    08-05-12 07:53 AM
    ...but, i guess i have a silly question: im only on level 6, and how do make the food the elves ask you to make, like the peasant's fruit salad and stuff?
    Not a silly question at all. You'll notice often as you progress through the quests that they will ask you for things you've never heard of, and won't explain where to get them. Often the facility that makes them will also appear as a quest in the list. Baskets are all produced in the grocery store. I can't remember if you need to be a minimum level to build a grocery store, but you definitely need a minimum number of available dwarves to build it.
    08-05-12 07:55 AM
    So how is that update coming along to get the Level 25 bug fixed?
    All we've heard so far is that there's supposed to be an update, possibly Monday or Tuesday, to fix that bug, a pig farm bug, some quest bugs, and to implement a "donate program" which might be the bank. Also, we get prezzies.
    08-05-12 08:00 AM
    Didn't you take the time to read this thread in its entirety?
    Yup and I am looking for the exact date, not a possibile date.
    But thanks for the input smart A$$
    08-05-12 08:14 AM
    I cant build the pig farm, everything is locked except road....
    so I'm stuck
    08-05-12 09:12 AM
    I cant build the pig farm, everything is locked except road....
    so I'm stuck
    This seems to be one of the more common problems. Not sure what the exact solution is, but you can try one of two things.

1) Destroy everything, and rebuild until you go up a level.

2) Make sure you have enough AVAILABLE orcs to work in the pig farm. I think you need 20 orcs (as the first number next to the orc face at the top right of your screen. The second number is simply the total number of orcs living on your island). Build orc housing until that first number is at at least 20.
    08-05-12 09:22 AM
    Just found this posted on the Fantasy Islands Facebook page, in reference to the first update. Sorry for what looks like a poor screenshot, i was trying to include as few names as possible.
    08-06-12 07:39 AM
    Hmm, check out the content manager for this game. When they implement the bank, who will their collections manager be? The Iron Sheik, or Rowdy Roddy Piper? Yeah... I'm getting desperate here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the update...
    Attached Thumbnails Fantasy Islands-img_00000069.jpg  
    08-06-12 10:55 AM
    Hmm, check out the content manager for this game. When they implement the bank, who will their collections manager be? The Iron Sheik, or Rowdy Roddy Piper? Yeah... I'm getting desperate here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the update...
    Update in App World now. Haven't checked it out yet, though.
    08-06-12 02:31 PM
    Saul, I could kiss ya! The level 25 bug is fixed! Game on, yo!
    08-06-12 02:59 PM
    Well this is messed up! Tells me I have an update available for Version 1.0.11 Of Fantasy Islands, when I tap it, it brings me to App World and no longer shows an update available. And says it's still ver 1.0 and all I can do is DELETE. WTF??
    08-06-12 03:08 PM
    I managed to update it. They may have immediately pulled it though. Having gotten to 25, you may notice on my pic that the new energy max is 0, effectively rendering the game as unplayable as it was before the update. Suck.

Just checked appworld, the version it shows for me for download is still 1.011.

The in-game support button seems to have become non-functional too.

And I can't seem to send an email to the address provided by appworld, [email protected]
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 08-06-12 at 03:32 PM.
    08-06-12 03:13 PM
    I checked out Ximad website but Fantasy Islands isn't listed as an app so I sent an inquiry into their customer service department.

I'm at level 19 and not trying to level up too fast because of the level 25 bug.
    Last edited by Vorkosigan; 08-06-12 at 04:51 PM.
    08-06-12 04:41 PM
    I checked out Ximad website but Fantasy Islands isn't listed as an app so I sent an inquiry into their customer service department.

I'm at level 19 and not trying to level up too fast because of the level 25 bug.
    The upgrade is out and it updates the existing application . No need to restart the game. .
    08-06-12 06:04 PM
    So, from what I'm hearing on top of my own experience that the level 25 bug is fixed, only to be replaced by a max energy 0 bug, that this max energy 0 bug affects your game no matter what level you're on? And that everything you do oevels you up to maximum in a very short time?
    08-06-12 07:04 PM
    I was hoping to find the fix here but looks like everyone is in the same boat as me. energy is 0/0 and clicking the + sign shows Recharge unavailable. Too bad it's a fun game.
    08-06-12 07:22 PM
    I have absolutely no issues with the upgraded app. There are a few minor changes but everything is working fine. I restarted the game so I'm only on level 20.
    08-06-12 08:27 PM
    I have absolutely no issues with the upgraded app. There are a few minor changes but everything is working fine. I restarted the game so I'm only on level 20.
    After what I've been reading, some people's game are getting really messed, especially after reinstallation. Mind letting us know what happens once you hit 25?
    08-06-12 08:42 PM
    Well, took the plunge. Deleted and reinstalled, so far the game seems to be running normally. Minus the 50 extra gems, and the hours put into the first game, ofcourse.

Edit: Quick update, after shutting the game down and starting up again after a couple of hours of play, i regained the 50 gift gems that came with the update originally.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 08-06-12 at 11:15 PM.
    08-06-12 09:32 PM
    Hi guys from PlayBook! We have fixed the problem with 25 lvl. But another bug has happened. Problem with energy will be fixed ASAP. Also I want to say that the 25 lvl is the max at the moment. The reason is that all resources are used on porting the game on the new platforms. Nonetheless we are working on new levels, buildings and quests.
    08-07-12 12:11 AM
    After what I've been reading, some people's game are getting really messed, especially after reinstallation. Mind letting us know what happens once you hit 25?
    Same as everyone else - energy level is at zero and no way to replenish it although I still have 156 diamonds.

Their qa process leaves a lot to be desired - wouldn't it make sense to test the game (I know lots of kids that would love to do it) prior to releasing it. ? Test it again after 'fixing' a bug.?
    KidCaboose likes this.
    08-07-12 06:54 AM
    I'm currently enjoying this game, however my OCD nature only allows me to build a city till I learn how, then delete and start over to make a 'pretty' city...
    08-07-12 07:15 AM
    After resetting my game, I've noticed with the lowest level buildings that you only get a half refund for destroyed buildings. Someone else has reported they've lost 80 gems, so it appears this new rule applies to gem built buildings aswell.
    08-07-12 07:15 AM
    Yeesh, upgrading my housing took a huge toll on my funds around level 20. Just dropped from 100k in the bank to 20k. And I still have to build a bunch more Dwarf houses. Probably Elf as well to get the happiness.

Can't keep up with quests at the moment either. I was somehow able to catch up and only have a few quests at a time before but now I'm swamped. I need to get this hangar and Stonebucks built!

Ferris wheels seem to offer the best happiness to elves(2:1), considering getting rid of this alter and putting all those elves to work on ferris wheels instead.
    08-07-12 07:42 AM
    Yeesh, upgrading my housing took a huge toll on my funds around level 20. Just dropped from 100k in the bank to 20k. And I still have to build a bunch more Dwarf houses. Probably Elf as well to get the happiness.

Can't keep up with quests at the moment either. I was somehow able to catch up and only have a few quests at a time before but now I'm swamped. I need to get this hangar and Stonebucks built!

Ferris wheels seem to offer the best happiness to elves(2:1), considering getting rid of this alter and putting all those elves to work on ferris wheels instead.
    The only problem I find with the ferris wheel is that it blocks things due to its size. Becareful destrying upper end buildings aswell, as I've mentioned, you'll only get half your money back.
    08-07-12 07:46 AM
377 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD