08-29-13 07:25 PM
- I'm really liking this "Sims"-like game. Anyone else playing it? I'm just curious to know what building a race specific island will do for the specific race.
I've already invested in two islands, first at $2000, the second at $5000. The next island I buy is going to cost $10000 and I'd like to know what benefits I get out of the race specific island before giving up that much money.07-29-12 01:02 PM
- Hey bahandi! I'm really enjoying the game too. I've made it to level 24, and have bought multiple new islands. As far as i can tell, there's no functional reason for for choosing any of them. I haven't noticed specific quests becoming available from choosing one over another. In fact i only remember receiving one quest to purchase an extra island of any kind. I've bought a couple of each kind. All I've really noticed is a slight difference in look, and different vegetation and rocks that they start with. Also, some of the vegetation costs more and takes more time to remove. I think the neutral islands are quickest and cheapest to clean, whereas the orc and elf islands seem to have things that are more expensive to remove.
I've also noticed strange price and reward fluctuations for various things, that I'm not sure is intentional or not. The price drop for islands for example, 10000 drops to something like 700. The magic tree also seems a little "over-powered". The ability to remove things you've built for a complete refund in all cases (easy XP by planting and removing anything that costs gems or that doesn't have a building time).
One last thing, my game freezes as it tries to bump me to level 25, meaning that I currently can't play the game. I've emailed Ximad with a bug report, but haven't received a response yet.07-29-12 02:34 PM
- Wow. Such an in-depth review. Great tips as well.
One of the draws to this game, I find, is its simplicity. The challenge lies mostly in balancing resources. As mentioned, there are really no penalties when selling off old structures which keeps the game just short of frustrating. Lol.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk07-29-12 04:35 PM
- Unfortunately, impatient people finish last, and often eat their scabs after picking them. However, as i mentioned above, you can get some easy experience points by planting or building things that don't have building or growing times. If you've built anything that requires gems, or any magic trees (available at level 13 I think), you can simply delete them for a full refund, and rebuild them instantly, receiving the experience bonus. Do this until you go up a level and receive 20 more gems to squander, and then repeat.07-29-12 08:08 PM
- Here's mine so far. It doesn't all fit in the picture at maximum zoom, and i can't touch anything, because I'm 3 points away from level 25, and the game freezes as it tries to level me up. If you could see anything though, you'd notice I keep my orcs in what appears to be a prison camp. Don't worry, I've given them a bridge to roam around freely, though.07-29-12 09:53 PM
- 07-30-12 08:35 AM
- Yeah, I emailed them yesterday from the Ximad official site, copying word for word what's written in the error message.
As for the game itself, I've been trying to figure out what the most efficient productions are. At the moment having a few King's Jewellers producing Warrior Rings for short term gains works well. Haven't found a decent alternate for producing resources though, apart from having a few pig farms and mines cranking out lard and hardium ore. For long term the King's Jewellers work well aswell, and for resources a few distilleries are effective, both producing their top products.
For happiness, the magic tree is your friend. The ferris wheel is alright, but it can block things behind it. I find the bowling alley and theatre too noisy. The arena is nice, but big. If you're looking to save space, the oracle (once unlocked), is ideal. It's small, quiet, and eye-pleasing. Some of the statues are nice too, in particular the stone golem, unicorn and dragon statues.07-30-12 09:05 AM
- I've actually found the game to be lenient where roads are concerned. Most things that produce happiness don't need to touch them, roads don't even need to connect with other roads, and you don't need to create bridges. A single segment of road next to a building is all a building needs to come alive, and the segment can even be placed on a building's corner point, rather than on the side (making it possible to squeeze small buildings into corner areas). Works well if you want to make a grassy park area with functioning buildings.07-30-12 09:27 AM
- Really? I've discovered a never-before activated neural network in my brain's pleasure centre that fires up with every money, box and check icon I tap. I think the quick tapping motion will adopt a universal name and be used for a generation, dethroning the current "fireball" or "ha-dou-ken" gesture in popularity and application. More games need to implement the "collect", "harvest" or "tapgasm" function.
Last edited by KidCaboose; 07-30-12 at 11:26 AM.07-30-12 11:24 AM
- Hi guys! I'm marketing producer in XIMAD Inc. Thank you for the interest to our game! Realy impressed with screenshots of your Islands. You can join our Facebook community - Fantasy Islands Community | Facebook Regarding problem with memory on 24'th level - we will fix it in update.07-31-12 12:31 AMLike 5
- *dances* YaaaaAAAAaaaaaay!! Thanks, Boris!
Oh, if you swing back around and read this post, can you tell us about ideas Ximad might be implementing in Fantasy Islands? Will the game develop further, with more buildings and objects, perhaps? Will mini-games be implemented, to speed things up or give extra money or resources? Will we eventually be able to visit other people's islands to complete quests or to help them out?
Last edited by KidCaboose; 07-31-12 at 06:59 AM.07-31-12 06:32 AM
- I've been playing Fantasy Islands for a week now, love it very much. What I miss is the ability to rotate the islands. Sometimes you cannot see empty spaces behind trees. Or it is difficult to select a shop that's behind a bigger building (like the ferris wheel).
And little bug, when you pinch and zoom, it sometimes get a little stuck in the zoom option. When this happens you cannot select an object. pinch and zooming again clears this issue. You can notice this when you touch the screen with one finger and slide the islands, it also starts zooming in or out.
Last edited by backfire101; 07-31-12 at 07:15 AM.07-31-12 07:13 AM
- As far as i can tell, at the moment, they just look prettier. I'm imagining if they update this game, they'll be reworking some parts of it. The last island i bought cost nothing, and the island after that is greyed, but doesn't give me the requirement to purchase it. Those are islands 10 and 11 respectively.07-31-12 05:51 PM
- So I'll try to answer to all your questions ^_^
1)can you tell us about ideas Ximad might be implementing in Fantasy Islands?
It's our priority project on the moment. So we are going to spend max resources to improve it. We are going to add lot's of cool stuff like mini-games, new buildings, new races, etc. But you have to know that it very hard to do. For Example we started to work on this game more than 1.5 years ago.
2)Will the game develop further, with more buildings and objects, perhaps?
3)Will mini-games be implemented, to speed things up or give extra money or resources?
Our Game-designers are working on it. But it's a secret now
4)Will we eventually be able to visit other people's islands to complete quests or to help them out?
We are going to add something like crossplatform multiplayer. People from iOS will get opportunity to see not only iOS Islands but also Islands of players from Playbook, Nook and overs.
5)What I miss is the ability to rotate the islands.
Ability of rotating is one of highly prioritet tasks. Lots of users asked us about it.
6)hot to start a new game !!!?
You have to reinstall the app
7)What do Magoc Roads do???
They are doing Magic
8)is there a place were i can watch helpful hints and tricks on building my 1st city?
No! We have made a HARDCORE game)
Overall. In the nearest update we will fix bugs with 25th level memory fail, bug with pig farm an bug with qests names.
If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask them here or in our facebook community - Fantasy Islands Community | Facebook08-01-12 07:21 AMLike 3
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD