for those with a Z10 who have replaced their Torch. I am the only one who is currently infuriated and on the verge of taking it back? Currently I have an I pad mini, so I can use Skype, facetime and Tango for my video needs. Unless a cross platform video programme is issued quickly, and FaceFlow appears not to work on my Z10 worth a darn, I am going to bitterly regret this upgrade. So in the 24 hours I have had this new phone, I cannot see how this hub idea is of any particular use to me, personalising the Z10 without downloading (how!!) music, means that the options which were available on the Torch are so basic on the Z10 its a joke. For example, I used to have an e-mail with one ding, a bbm with two dings, and a text with three. It worked for me, I could tell what kind of message was coming without looking at the phone. That option is no longer available, I am left with the choice of one indistinguisable from another ding or dong. Useless to me. To switch the settings off, on, vibrate or whatever now takes three touches - on the Torch it was two, - not a big deal, but hardly an improvement. My weather app on the Torch put the temperature right on the top of the screen, where I could see it instantly. No longer there. Where is the lock icon on the touch screen, so I can instantly lock it? No longer there. Where is the mail icon? On the hub yes, but I also want it on my screen, the other message icons such as bbm and text are there, but they forgot to put a mail icon!! These may seem like small things, but they are things I used every day, and now they aren't there. Oh and don't try to put your screen horizontally for bum from an icon, it only does that from the hub!!!! Why? I am pretty ticked off right now, I wanted this phone to be the answer to Blackberry's prayers - a family member works there!! I am sure it does all sorts of clever things, which, as a mature woman, I really am never going to use. And obviously they are not interested in people like me, I practically need a magnifying glass to see the info at the top of the screen. What the heck the double N means, when there used to be a little quite visible, speaker, I have no clue. Not that it matters, its all so small I can hardly see it. Rant over, am I the only person who thinks this!!
    1magine likes this.
    02-15-13 10:08 AM
    @ mkr10001.....Alright, fair enough.

For me, I have used Skype infrequently, and the same with FaceFlow. So I don't know of all the intricate capabilities and benefits of the two. But let me ask this:

If FaceFlow notified you when your friends were calling, and everyone then agreed to shift to the better system, which would it be? And if FaceFlow lost, what would it have to do to win everyone over based on its merits alone?
    02-15-13 10:56 AM
    Anti-Skype community; can you please stop being blind...
    All we ask is cross-platform application. Take this example of me: My wife has Ipad and Iphone, my brother has Android and my best friend has Iphone.
    I have a BB9780 from my company with BES and company mail access and for new year I bought myself a Playbook to "bridge" it to my phone. I always though this Faceflow would help me connect to the closest ones - just ask them to install it.
    What a big disappointment! Faceflow is for OS10 only, I have no idea when OS10 is coming to Playbook; even if it is on Playbook, Faceflow won't be on Iphone or Ipad a long time. I strongly regret going for Playbook - should have bought a Wi-Fi only Ipad 2 instead. And "YES", I do need it because I am mostly abroad for international projects.
    It is not too much I asked from this tablet; a browser, video playback, some popular apps and to let me video chat with my family and closest friends. I already gave up hope for some helpful apps - please don't tell me to use the browser. It simply doesn't work on some tasks (Instagram, some banking apps that are not supported by BB Browser, News sites sliding topics on BB Browser, etc.)
    02-16-13 05:15 PM
    I need Skype to phone landlines Europe wide and for that I need it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 05:41 PM
    With FaceFlow all you need is an internet connection. And you can also video conference anywhere in the world. Free.
    e-phone for the PB is free calling to North America, and you get a phone number, so someone can call you directly.

So why the Skype hype? Am I missing something?
    Ha ha. That's a funny one.
    02-16-13 06:39 PM
    I need Skype to phone landlines Europe wide and for that I need it.
    You do realize Microsoft owns Skype, right? So, do you really think MS is in a hurry to get Skype to BB10? Now, they did say an Android port of the app is coming soon. Until such time, we just have to chill and wait.
    02-16-13 07:00 PM
    I agree, functionality you can always find better but just like the MSN Messenger days, no matter how more stable the other ones were...everyone was on MSN. So I agree with everything else people said ^we need Skype on bb10
    02-17-13 11:20 AM
    Through family, work and a worldwide game-content creating hobby, I have over 1200 Skype contacts all using IM for large group conversations, and all my family use Skype video conferencing so we can keep in touch. Comparatively, I have just ONE contact using Blackberry. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how classy and superior Blackberry's offerings are (I've never tried them though I've read they're pretty decent), none are any use when everyone else I keep in touch with uses Skype as the common app.
    02-17-13 03:26 PM
    Through family, work and a worldwide game-content creating hobby, I have over 1200 Skype contacts all using IM for large group conversations, and all my family use Skype video conferencing so we can keep in touch. Comparatively, I have just ONE contact using Blackberry. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how classy and superior Blackberry's offerings are (I've never tried them though I've read they're pretty decent), none are any use when everyone else I keep in touch with uses Skype as the common app.
    Didn't they say the same thing about AOL?
    02-17-13 06:52 PM
    Nope - not on my side of the planet.
    02-21-13 01:32 PM
    With FaceFlow all you need is an internet connection. And you can also video conference anywhere in the world. Free.
    e-phone for the PB is free calling to North America, and you get a phone number, so someone can call you directly.

So why the Skype hype? Am I missing something?

errr, yes. all the people who use skype and expect to be able to use it on their (blackberry) smartphone.
    02-23-13 04:24 AM
    Alright, you win. But how many times do you people have to say this? Most of you live in a different world than I do. You need Skype..... for my needs I prefer the alternatives.
    02-23-13 05:12 AM
    I have a Skype account and it's a while since si last logged in. The quality is terrible and I would be brave enough to say that people use it out of necessity more than choice. Many people don't even know that there are alternatives out there. Another point to consider is the "Sheep" mentality.. because my friends have it I have to follow...
    04-15-13 02:53 PM
    I just sent someone my faceflow link over email and they were chatting with me within a minute on their laptop to my playbook.
    They were surprised at the quality and said it was similar to Skype. They didn't know there were alternatives to Skype and were amazed.

Once I signed up for faceflow, my link seems always to be the same so I can hand this out to my friends to bookmark on their browsers--seems easy.

We tried the same over ephone. Here I had to give them an ephone number with a $5 credit (the $5 credit allows it to be used on the browser for pc). It took them a few minutes to enable camera and voice thru the browser popup and then we were up and running.
    They were satisfied also with the quality on ephone although the video size was smaller.

We are not looking for this to replace our regular phone numbers so we don't need these services to be always on.

Very sad news about the marathon. They hit the wrong target--the people will rise up stronger than before.
    04-15-13 03:47 PM
    Danny P - No offense but Face Flow is very Beta. It should, at least for now be presented that way. It will transport video and sound from z10 but not from a PC. Tried under both XP Pro and WIn 7. Also tried using a Galaxy Tab with Flash enabled.

Further it seemed to lag up and cause other errors on my Z10. I needed to remove it.

In the very least, if you can get an Android App out that works, I can overcome most of my objections. But as it stands, no one I know can do anything other than text me or see and hear me. That just doesn't work as a communications tool.
    04-21-13 02:28 PM
    Well.. I need skype, because it's the only video chat program where I don't have to wear a headset to eliminate the echo. No fiddling around with sound properties/recording devices, or mics, it just works.
    04-22-13 07:01 AM
    Well all. I'm sure you've heard the news by now. Skype is coming for the Z10 users in a couple of weeks. For those that don't want to wait, then you can side load a WORKING .bar file. I can see myself using all of them only because it depends on who's using which app. Some contacts may have oovoo, some may have Skype and some may have faceflow or BBM video. Either way, I will more than likely have all of them loaded.

I just like to stay in contact with people. Through BBM I've met some really cool people around the world. Now I can video chat with them through 4 different apps.

Blackberry has gotten bigger while the world has gotten smaller and business opportunities have become broader.
    04-27-13 03:18 AM
    for some people, to work skype it's necessary.

That's the problem... and it's a important app (you can't used many times, but you "have" to get there)
    04-27-13 06:04 AM
    On FaceFlow, we'll make it VERY EASY to get connected with your contacts. For most people, a lot of their Skype contacts are naturally also Facebook, phone, and/or even BBM contacts.
    We'll take advantage of these services somehow so that the only thing you and contacts would need to do, is to install the app and sign up, and then we'll do the job of recommending you "friends you may know". Our goal is to make this process really simple so that's it's not even a big of an excuse anymore.
    We'll update FaceFlow with these sort of functions in the near future.

-------
    Dany Pelletier
    Founder, FaceFlow
    Good luck winning now that you're charging for the app on BlackBerry 10...
    08-03-13 07:54 PM
44 12