Forgive me if this is somewhere else in the forums, but I thought I'd go ahead and post this anyways. I'm watching the facebook announcement live right now on releasing their video chat, group chat, and new chat design today. The chat will require a 10-20 second plugin download... this immediately made my playbook heart sink. Obviously we'll be able to know later on today, but what is everyone's speculation on whether or not this will work on the playbook browser?
    07-06-11 12:43 PM
    Forgive me if this is somewhere else in the forums, but I thought I'd go ahead and post this anyways. I'm watching the facebook announcement live right now on releasing their video chat, group chat, and new chat design today. The chat will require a 10-20 second plugin download... this immediately made my playbook heart sink. Obviously we'll be able to know later on today, but what is everyone's speculation on whether or not this will work on the playbook browser?
    Might be pretty good I believe you can use the front cam since the last round of updates but I never tried it.

What they should do is update the facebook app then I might actually use it.
    07-06-11 12:46 PM
    Well, the cool thing is that we may just need an update to the Facebook app to make it work.
    07-06-11 12:47 PM
    I don't think we'll even need an update to the Facebook app.....I think it very well may simply work through the facebook.com website. Chat works through the website.....no reason why they video calling won't work the same.
    mscooley likes this.
    07-06-11 12:54 PM
    You need to install a plugin for it to work in any browser so I don't we will be able to do this via the browser. It will probably have to be through the app.
    07-06-11 01:22 PM
    I don't think we'll even need an update to the Facebook app.....I think it very well may simply work through the facebook.com website. Chat works through the website.....no reason why they video calling won't work the same.
    I was thinking the same thing. We shouldn't need to use the app. Just go straight to web.
    07-06-11 01:23 PM
    Chat works through the website.....no reason why they video calling won't work the same.
    Actually it doesn't work.. requires you to install a local browser plug-in.. And of course they don't offer one for the Playbook.

I don't even think the Playbook browser offers any kind of Plug-in API..
    07-06-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD