Great news Playbook users!! i'm excited about this news, i read on techcrunch.com that Facebook Will Launch In-Browser Video Chat Next Week In Partnership With Skype
    i just hope that we could still do the video chat with tethering.. that would be greattt!!!

07-02-11 03:11 AM
    It mentions a desktop component that might be required to use it... I sure hope this isn't the case, but if everything they speculated is true then we'll need to download an application onto our computer to use it... Since we don't have that application for our PlayBooks, we won't be able to use it. I sure hope this isn't the case, as it isn't really a browser based thing if you need to install something, but maybe it'll end up being a standard like Flash or Javascript and we'll end up with it built in to the PlayBook browser!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 08:54 PM
    Actually I don't think its the web desktop version they are concerned with. I mean they are starting out that way but who sits at a computer outside the office anymore? Facebook knows this. Front facing cameras on portable devices is where this is at. iPhone already has the camera, and I am sure that ios5 with iMessage will find a way to integrate with FB video chat. Skype/Blackberry could integrate on playbook but if history is any indication... it will be a couple years before we see anything like that. No front facing cameras on current or upcoming blackberry smartphones yet (seriously?). I will qualify this by saying i do not own an iphone and I am in fact a loyal Blackberry user... for now.
    07-07-11 09:55 PM
    I'm thinking the QNX phones will have the front facing cameras. So only a year wait on those Hopefully the playbook will be able to do the video chat in the browser. I'm thinking most people are wanting the video chat function of skype and not the Voip calling feature. So that would take care of the "need" of the app for most people.

07-08-11 02:16 AM
    I used Iom.im last week to show my house to my brother and switched from front to rear-camera instantly. He loved it and so did I

07-08-11 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD