Ok, I figured it out.

You CANNOT have Bridge and Wifi activated at the same time. In order to use the FB app (2.0) on OS1.07, either have Bridge on, or Wifi On. FB will not login with BOTH on at the same time.

This is kinda annoying, so I hope FB and/or RIM fixes this soon!

UPDATE: Ok, I tried with both on, and it works. What I did was login to the FB app first, with Wifi Off, and Bridge On. Then, I enabled Wifi, so Bridge AND Wifi were on, and I was able to login to the FB app. This. Is. Weird.
    Last edited by fooboto; 11-23-11 at 11:09 PM.
    11-23-11 11:07 PM
    FB just started working again on my PB. So its probably worth to keep trying.
    11-24-11 01:37 AM
    having same issues since yesterday... also, podcasts not downloading...

what is going on???
    facebook working now... did nothing different... just logged on as usual... feels like a facebook server error to me...
    11-24-11 05:30 AM
    Turned off bridge (bluetooth),did fb login, worked! Closed fb app, turned bluetooth back on, tried fb again, still worked. Restarted PlayBook, wifi and bluetooth still on, fb still working. Yay.
    11-24-11 05:30 AM
    i made a similar thread and somone suggested logging with username instead of email. that worked like a charm for myself and others. if you dont have a username create one under account settings from the mobile website.
    11-24-11 07:10 AM
    i made a similar thread and somone suggested logging with username instead of email. that worked like a charm for myself and others. if you dont have a username create one under account settings from the mobile website.
    That's because the problem is fixed. Works with email too. No tricks necessary.
    11-24-11 07:17 AM
    This works like a charm for sure!!! Thanks a lot!
    11-24-11 10:50 AM
    hi everyone, I had same issue by 1.07 or 2.0 OS with Facebook app 1.0 or 2.0 ,
    since I have updated the OS to 1.08.4985 this morning, Facebook app login is fine now, but still got unrecoverable error crash sometimes.

happy thanksgiving!
    Last edited by Capt. Kenny; 11-24-11 at 02:52 PM.
    11-24-11 02:50 PM
    i was just having the same problem....i did not want to be defeated....instead of hitting the return button on the keyboard to login i actually hit the login button on the app. voila.

good luck folks
    02-14-12 10:19 PM
    well, it seems like i do have this problem too. i've had this problem since i first bought it with the os 1.07 and now it is 2.0, still give me an error about wrong password or id.

how to fix?? i'd tried everything in this post but it still doesn't work.
    02-25-12 07:00 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD