Gheesh... are they ever going to fix this thing? It's like the number one free app on the Playbook, and it's been badly broken for weeks now.
    09-05-11 08:47 AM
    Continually crashing as described in previous posts . . .
    12-21-11 07:15 PM
    I get some errors when I try to go back with unread messages, accessing other areas. Most of the app works fine, though.
    12-22-11 09:03 AM
    With the new version of Facebook (2.1.0.36), I get the error message 'An error has occurred' when trying to upload a picture.

Does this work for anyone?
    12-22-11 03:50 PM
    Got a 'no posts to display' message today, and also a blank wall. Eventually it loaded okay, so I'm thinking just some transient glitches in the latest update. Hopefully the fixes are worth it, overall
    12-22-11 03:59 PM
    Looks like Facebook crashing reported in this thread is before new OS update to PB.
    Facebook started to crash on me from today.
    My PB's OS is 2.0 and Facebook app v.2.2.1.7.
    Uninstalled app several times, restarted my PB twice. Still Facebook app is crashing with message "Unrecovarable error has occurred. Please restart Facebook".
    One more point to note is that posts appeared on Facebook app is different than my timeline with browser. (Most of the posts/status is absent in apps' timeline)
    I'm wondering what's happening with this app? Anyone found a solution for this issue?

Oh! One more thing! Crashing episode started after I first found my app started and displayed "No posts/feeds to displays" with blank wall. I tied to logout and login. That could a trigger for this????
    Last edited by srinathkv; 04-06-12 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Add more info
    04-06-12 03:27 PM
    My Facebook crashes every time I try to open my messages. Re-installed Facebook, same... Re-installed OS, same... Seems to be still running fine on my wife's PB with the same OS though...
    06-01-12 10:03 PM
    Ok, I went on the Facebook Web version and archived all my messages. My Facebook PB App no longer crashes...
    06-01-12 11:29 PM
    The FB app doesn't so much crash on my PlayBook... I'm now having a terrible problem with recent login fails: the app has a problem getting logged in and staying logged in. It keeps returning an error when I try to log in with the app (I can log in with the browser with other devices/apps) saying that the username/password is wrong when I've entered both correctly... and when it does login it randomly logs back out, saying that 'session has expired'. WTF is going on?

Am I the only one here?
    06-02-12 11:37 AM
    I started getting the unrecoverable error as well. I also started to have problems with the sideloaded Kindle app not opening. Did a security wipe and now everything is working again. Security wipe was not exactly the solution I was looking for, but it fixed it. If you're going to try it, just make sure you backup to your PC first.
    10-17-12 09:48 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD