Exoplanet Explorer: ready for App World | Apps @ Burlock.org

another great astronomy app only days away
    Rob Robertson and zethaaron like this.
    03-14-12 08:03 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait to try this and the existing Solar System Explorer, they seem to be really great apps and it will be nice to finally see some astronomy apps, whereas now we've got absolutely nothing, compared to Android and iOS. At least for now we've got What's up, Solar System Explorer, and now Exoplanet Explorer. One thing we can sideload is Google Skymap, which is also quite good. Anyways, it's great to see devs porting apps, especially these great astronomy apps, I'd love to have as many as Android. :P
    03-14-12 10:24 AM
    I'm looking for an app like iOs GoSkyWatch, that shows and moves the stars as you move the tablet. Is there such an app for playbook? Does google skymap work good on the playbook?
    03-14-12 12:35 PM
    I'm looking for an app like iOs GoSkyWatch, that shows and moves the stars as you move the tablet. Is there such an app for playbook? Does google skymap work good on the playbook?
    Yup, there's What's Up What's up - BlackBerry App World
    03-14-12 12:38 PM
    Also, Google Skymap does work well in certain ways, but the accelerometer use in it doesn't really work, but you can just shut that off and drag the map around.
    03-14-12 12:45 PM
    Shame on me lol. Thanx you just told me something i never knew about whats up. I was frustrated because i always had to swipe along the stars, now i see i can setup the magnetometer...
    03-14-12 12:47 PM
    Quick question, hot to lock playbook orientation?
    03-14-12 12:57 PM
    Exoplanet Explorer: ready for App World | Apps @ Burlock.org

another great astronomy app only days away
    Very good news, can you told us how many copies you sell for Solar System Explorer in PlayBook up to day, and what your average for daily sells if you don't mine, just I won't know how is PlayBook apps world do,

Thanks a lot
    03-14-12 01:41 PM
    Quick question, hot to lock playbook orientation?
    Up along the top bar by the Battery, Bluetooth and Wifi, there is one which shows two rectangles, one sideways, one standing straight up, locked together corner to corner. Just tap that, and hit the switch to "On". And there you have it, orientation lock.
    03-14-12 02:54 PM
    Very good news, can you told us how many copies you sell for Solar System Explorer in PlayBook up to day, and what your average for daily sells if you don't mine, just I won't know how is PlayBook apps world do,

Thanks a lot
    Go on his site and ask.. im not the developer. Just an enthusiast haha
    zethaaron likes this.
    03-14-12 05:37 PM
    Solar Explorer is featured on appworld now
    03-15-12 09:21 PM
    Solar Explorer is featured on appworld now
    D: Not now. I feel like I may have seen it featured once before, although at the same time I might just be going crazy....
    03-16-12 01:49 AM
    D: Not now. I feel like I may have seen it featured once before, although at the same time I might just be going crazy....
    its featured in the app section of appworld.. not the main screen.
    03-16-12 08:28 AM
    It was on the main screen last night!
    03-16-12 08:53 AM
    It was on the main screen last night!
    i never saw it on the main screen..
    03-16-12 09:17 AM
    its featured in the app section of appworld.. not the main screen.
    Ahh, so it is.
    03-16-12 09:55 AM
    Hi guys, I just saw this thread, I'm the author of Exoplanet Explorer.

If anyone is wondering what's taking so long, it's still in review... I was hoping it'd get through before the weekend... but no.

Any time now...
    Last edited by Neil B; 03-17-12 at 06:25 AM. Reason: more info
    BuzzStarField and VeniceBB like this.
    03-17-12 06:17 AM

Thanks a lot
    Things have been crazy the last few weeks, so it's not really possible to determine an average. Current Solar Explorer sales are ~5,000 on Android vs ~2,000 on Playbook. The publicity from Crackberry has significantly magnified Playbook sales, but it has also flowed on to Android Market (via Android Central) causing a huge, but temporary jump in sales there too.

I had thought that things were settling down so I could come up with an estimate, then my app got featured on AppWorld

Although I don't have solid figures, I can tell you that I believe daily Playbook sales are similar to daily Android Market sales, at the same rank in the education category, ignoring external publicity like reviews or getting featured. If you consider the relative size of each market, it makes Playbook look very good.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    03-17-12 06:49 AM
    Hi guys, I just saw this thread, I'm the author of Exoplanet Explorer.

If anyone is wondering what's taking so long, it's still in review... I was hoping it'd get through before the weekend... but no.

Any time now...
    Welcome to the forum! It looks like Android developers have bogged down the review process - well done. We need lots of new apps on this platform to keep the customers happy. We especially need tons of science and technology apps to keep intellectual minds busy. I bought Solar System Explorer when it first came out and I like it a lot.
    Neil B likes this.
    03-17-12 06:53 AM
    I had thought that things were settling down so I could come up with an estimate, then my app got featured on AppWorld

Although I don't have solid figures, I can tell you that I believe daily Playbook sales are similar to daily Android Market sales, at the same rank in the education category, ignoring external publicity like reviews or getting featured. If you consider the relative size of each market, it makes Playbook look very good.
    Please tell all your colleagues. App World is a great place to do business and the PlayBook market is getting better daily. You might be interested in the following url:

Top 100 Paid and Free BlackBerry Applications
    03-17-12 07:01 AM
    I've been spreading the good news about App World amongst my fellow Shiva3D developers. It's generally pretty simple for us to recompile our apps into native Playbook code.
    03-17-12 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD