Engadget

"We loved the original Pacemaker, and were sad to hear of its eventual discontinuation. News just in this morning, however, is that the DJ tool is back as a PlayBook app thanks to an exclusive collaboration with the tablet's maker. Details are sparse right now, as the information spilled at RIM's event this morning at MWC, but we do know that there will be auto beatmatching, vinyl mode with scratching, digital mode, looping, loop travel, pitch control, beat skip and "pro level" effects. All we have in terms of availability is that it will be out this spring, with no word on price. In the meantime we're going to start prepping up that music collection."
    02-28-12 12:44 PM
    Will this app be free?
    02-28-12 12:50 PM
    Will this app be free?
    not likely, but we can always hope
    02-28-12 12:56 PM
    It looks like there's a hardware component that goes with it (for mixing/scratching?)

It certainly ties in with the latest "Be Bold" ads with the Martinez Brothers.
    Old Cable Guy likes this.
    02-28-12 01:02 PM
    The original pacemaker was an interesting concept but the price was too high for the original hardware, having anything remotely related will be amazing. I can't wait to download the app for my playbook and more importantly any future bb10 phone that will bring the portability of the original pacemaker.
    02-28-12 01:17 PM
    02-28-12 01:28 PM
    It looks like there's a hardware component that goes with it (for mixing/scratching?)

It certainly ties in with the latest "Be Bold" ads with the Martinez Brothers.
    I think the hardware component is the original pacemaker, and won't be needed for this. I think it's just in the image because it is the original product from that company.
    02-28-12 01:34 PM
    I remember pacemaker. This is something I would definitley be interested in
    02-28-12 01:47 PM
    Looking forward to this app, it will definitely add even more enjoyment to the PlayBook
    02-28-12 01:56 PM
    03-09-12 05:03 PM
    Bout to get this asap!
    03-09-12 09:19 PM
    More app's on PlayBook, more developers on PlayBook!
    That is all I care about!
    03-09-12 09:26 PM
    Eagerly waiting for this!!! Shame you won't be able to attach speakers as well as headphones but should be okay.
    03-10-12 07:44 AM
    Eagerly waiting for this!!! Shame you won't be able to attach speakers as well as headphones but should be okay.
    You could always get a headphone splitter if it matters that much to you. They are very cheap.
    03-10-12 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD