- Camera does not work (expected)
    - App sometimes crashes when editing a note - tablet restart required
    - Laggy and slow in general

before you download, please see this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...te-app-709864/

Download official: Download 3.5.3

Download BETA: Download 3.6

Last updated: 26/02/2012
    Last edited by emtunc; 03-17-12 at 11:34 AM.
    Owyn, robkd, teamfortress and 2 others like this.
    02-26-12 05:09 AM
    What's the difference between the Android version and the PlayBook version?
    02-26-12 07:21 AM
    What's the difference between the Android version and the PlayBook version?
    The pb version only works online and is very limited in functionality. It's kinda useless.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 08:08 AM
    Ditto.
    First use of the Evernote for Android app can be a lengthy process depending on the size of your database. Expect a long "Processing. please wait". It took a few hours to get my 8000+ note database up and running. Can also slow down when changing views. Best used as running process.

That said, the big pluses for me are:
    - Off line notes and off line search. Works fine.
    - Access to Saved Searches.
    - Background sync.
    - Basically works.

Known problems:
    - New Camera notes not working. Need to create those notes using native Playbook apps and attach files to Evernote note. This is a Playbook Android VM limitation and not specific to Evernote.
    - Error log zip file corrupted. Use Ghost Commander from App World (Android dual pane file manager) to view log files.

Recommend that Dophin HD Browser also be installed from App World (it is now an official release).

The Dolphin HD Evernote and Skitch add-ons are unfortunately not also available.

Those, plus Skitch, would give you a full Evernote Android tool set on the Playbook.
    Last edited by Owyn; 02-27-12 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Voice notes working.
    02-27-12 05:36 AM
    The skitch .bar is out there. I installed it and it works perfect. It's on one of the lists floating around it the sideload thread. It took me several hours to download as well. I couldn't walk away and leave the pb it kept going to sleep and stopping the process.

Last edited by KennethD; 02-27-12 at 05:59 PM.
    02-27-12 05:42 AM
    I tried a sideloaded bar out in OS2 beta, and I found that editing notes could be a bit painful. This is from memory, so the details are a bit fuzzy, but from what I recall, the selection 'handles' for cut and paste often were obscured by the keyboard and I ended up with duplicate entries a couple of times after working with an existing note. I wrote it off to the beta Android player. It was nice to have my notes on the device, rather than having to be connected to the interweb, though! I'm still holding out hope for a well-executed native client.
    02-27-12 07:20 AM
    I have not tried extensive edits on the Android app yet. Lack of saved searches and offline notes in the native app was my major impetus for testing the Android app.

Evernoted. Will test.
    Last edited by Owyn; 02-27-12 at 07:46 AM.
    02-27-12 07:36 AM
    Found Skitch bar via:
    Google: playbook skitch bar site:forums.crackberry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7167261
    Skitch v1.0.38.bar

Not tested (yet).
    02-27-12 07:40 AM
    Tested Skitch.
    Everything except camera works.
    Best used in portrait mode on Playbook.
    Need to hide Android nav bar to access toolbar.

PS: Just applied for signing keys. Got the confirmation. Should have the keys by the end of the day. Waiting for others to convert special apps is a waste of time.
    02-27-12 04:08 PM
    lol playbook is soo awsome the app works great...it gets me mad the evernote people don't even bother making a native app as good as this one....is not even logical...
    Last edited by luigigosc; 02-27-12 at 06:36 PM.
    02-27-12 06:34 PM
    Did some more testing of Evernote Android client.

Voice notes work. Only camera notes are a problem. Creates audio in Android amr format instead of native clients wav format.

No problems editing a new or existing text note in landscape or portrait mode. No keyboard prediction but also no corruption.

May be problems editing rich notes. Got a lockup in editor when editing a very complexly formatted note. Possibly client problem independent of running on PlayBook.

Problem noted when trying to return from following link to "Browser". Can not get back to note when Android nav bar hidden. Works if link followed to "Dolphin HD" instead.
    Last edited by Owyn; 02-27-12 at 09:42 PM.
    02-27-12 09:38 PM
    Is there a newer version of Skitch available?
    02-29-12 09:34 AM
    Duh. Took a few minutes to figure this out, since I haven't done many Android side-loading.

Tip for others: the downloaded files come through as .zip. Need to change the extension on the file to .bar so it works with DDPB.

Booom!
    03-01-12 12:30 AM
    Is there a newer version of Skitch available?
    Skitch 1.4.31 (2012-02-29) was just released.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ZS5za2l0Y2giXQ..

Working on getting bar for new release.
    Will post when tested.
    dimm0k and KennethD like this.
    03-01-12 05:27 AM
    Has anyone tried the beta version yet

Last edited by KennethD; 03-01-12 at 05:01 PM.
    03-01-12 04:58 PM
    Having an issue trying to get back to Evernote after opening a PDF in Repligo. All variations of back tried both gestures and back button don't seem to be able to return me to Evernote - help please.

Edit - Just got it I don't think I was performing the "back" swipe accurately - somewhat of a limitation but not huge.
    03-01-12 10:53 PM
    Yeah. It can be real finicky. Seems to needs close to 45 degree swipe.
    03-01-12 11:27 PM
    have the bar for the latest version from android marketplace (now google play)

used it works nicely. the camera option actually loaded up the camera. though i failed to see it import the picture. though I bet i could select from the folder that held the newly created picture. well here it is you can play with it...

com.evernote.skitch-97.bar
    03-10-12 05:59 AM
    Hi guys how's the apk to bar conversion going? Planing on converting skitch? I'm learning how to use the conversion tool so you will see me trying to help here since I'm a big evernote fan.

Edit: I meant for the latest versions
    Last edited by luigigosc; 03-12-12 at 01:32 AM.
    03-12-12 01:28 AM
    Newest evernote beta release HERE, 3.6.230033.
    03-12-12 10:01 AM
    Thanks i absolutely hate the "new version available to download" popup
    03-14-12 09:20 PM
    Anyone tried the new beta 4.0 yet? Or can anybody upload the .bar from beta 4.0
    04-28-12 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD