I am facing following error while making In-App purchases for following games on my PB:
    1) Doodle Blast
    2) Run in Crowd
    3) Xploding Boxes

"Error - There were problems completing this purchase. Please try again or visit Blackberry App World Support for more information. (Error Id: 30242)"
    "There were problems. Please try again. {30242}"

Are you guys facing any issues with In-App purchases? I have latest OS 2.0 installed on my PB and faced this issue earlier also before the upgrade.

I check on Blackberry Support Forums and found this article but the scenarios mentioned in it do not cover my case as I have installed these apps directly from App World.
    [Payment API PlayBook] "There where problems with ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    03-10-12 11:37 AM
    It could be transient - I purchased a costume in RIC about a week ago.
    03-10-12 02:39 PM
    It could be transient - I purchased a costume in RIC about a week ago.
    Actually its happening with me for quite some time now and it is across applications with in-app purchasing. I saw few posts about it on Blackberry Support Community. So I hope I may get response there, till then I thought I would put it here in case anybody else is facing the issue.
    03-10-12 08:01 PM
    Anyone found a solution to this problem? I have never been able to make any in-app purchases.
    06-03-12 08:34 AM
    I am getting the same error. Anyone know what is causing this this?
    06-04-12 09:53 AM
    I'm getting the same error, I tried buying something for Radient Defense as well as I am unable to upgrade my xxploding boxes even though I have ALREADY BOUGHT THE UPDATE. so frustrating.
    06-04-12 10:49 AM
    Yeah, Radiant Defence relies upon in-app purchases to complete the game. It is frustrating not to be able to enjoy such a great game. I hope someone has some info on this.
    06-04-12 03:32 PM
    I got the same error. Reached out to the help team, they were nice but can't help much unfortunately.... But great servi e from those folks
    Last edited by KermEd; 06-04-12 at 10:53 PM.
    06-04-12 05:39 PM
    This is seriously very annoying, especially since I have purchased xploding boxes and am now unable to upgrade to the full version after a full OS wipe.

RIM WORK WITH DEVS to fix this
    06-05-12 11:35 AM
    This is seriously very annoying, especially since I have purchased xploding boxes and am now unable to upgrade to the full version after a full OS wipe.

RIM WORK WITH DEVS to fix this
    Noticed you got the attention of Alex Saunders:

Alec Saunders @asaunders
    RT @LuaySalman: @BlackBerryHelp I get Error 30242 purchasing digital goods from xploding boxes and radient defense - ongoing issue

Sent from.....the future.
    06-05-12 08:58 PM
    Noticed you got the attention of Alex Saunders:

Alec Saunders @asaunders
    RT @LuaySalman: @BlackBerryHelp I get Error 30242 purchasing digital goods from xploding boxes and radient defense - ongoing issue

Sent from.....the future.
    Yep! hopefully we can get a fix for this.
    06-06-12 09:35 AM
    I tweeted this problem as well. This is a weird bug; lots of people seem to be able to make in-app purchases. I have never been able to.
    06-09-12 12:57 AM
    does this only affect people with two devices sharing the same BBID?
    06-12-12 11:55 AM
    I have the same BBID for my phone and PlayBook. But so does my wife and she has no problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 12:39 PM
    I have the same BBID for my phone and PlayBook. But so does my wife and she has no problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I have the same BBID for my Playbook and Phone; and I get this error regularly - I've tried to buy some extra stars in the Muffin King game and receive the same error message. It is annoying as heck.
    06-12-12 01:46 PM
    I use the same BBID for my PB and BB; I also exclusively use Paypal.
    I wonder if it is a Paypal issue.
    Do you guys have problems with Paypal or with CC too?
    06-12-12 03:30 PM
    I use my credit card.

Here is my theory. when you install a device it requires a BBID. most people had a BB phone 1st and a playbook 2nd. so when you install the playbook the device associated to to the bbid changes from the phone to the playbook.

if you do a wipe and reinstall the phone after the bbid changes to the phone. the only way I see to fix this is to backup then wipe the PB and reinstal, restore the the pb will be associated to the bbid.

I remember seeing a message that I promptly ignored saying that the BBID was assigned to pin blah blah blan and do you want to assoiated this device. when I upgraded my phone, and I did.

since then one application I keep getting upgrade messages for, but cant do anything because it says it doesnt belong to that device.

so I created a new bbid for my phone and I am in the process of wiping and reistalling to use a new ssid. the problem is, any app purchaed will need to be repurchased, i dont have many so its not a problem for me.

I suspect I will need to wipe the PB and reinstall to get thing back in synch (I am keeping the old BBID for it beaces I bought a ton of stuff that I dont want to repurchcase) sorry for rambiling on
    06-12-12 03:47 PM
    I tried doing a security wipe on my phone and then setting it up with a different BBID than my PB with no luck. I also tried changing my payments from Paypal to my CC. No Luck.
    I am at a loss.
    06-13-12 11:54 PM
    And security wipe worked for me, but after I did a restore it broke. Did you wipe then restore then test. I just read wiped, and I am manulay reinstalling. Ifnthat work I will try to restore app data only and see ifnitnstill works
    06-14-12 12:08 AM
    You shouldn't have to do a security wipe nor created a new BBID to get around this error - that is absurd and quite frankly too onerous of a task to expect the average consumer to do. RIM needs to be working on a better way to rectify this problem - there should never be any difficulty in making an in-app purchase. Why is it that Apple and Android can all handle in-app purchases flawlessly whereas RIM seems unable to do so?
    07-12-12 10:35 AM
    RIM wont help as Im running beta OS. But I doubt it'll be fixed for me later. But maybe who knows!
    07-12-12 11:29 PM
    Fyi,

Going from paypal to credit card --- no change
    Going from old 32gb pb to new 64gb pb --- no change

OS is 2.1.

I still think its a sql user account on RIMs server. I probably checked a box somewhere to block inapp purchases which was removed by rim later or something equally dumb that will never be discovered because they fired all their senior devs...
    08-07-12 12:32 AM
    I think its something on the playbook. if I do a wipe and reinstall the app I can make inapp purchases, but as soon as I do a restore, it breaks it.
    08-07-12 09:01 AM
    I also get this with all my app purchases. They used to work before with the frisbee game, but now it doesn't work in any of them.

Frisbee Forever, Radiant Defense, Muffin Knight all give the same error.

Who else is having this issue still? Has anyone found out what caused it or a way to fix it?
    Last edited by spike12; 08-26-12 at 10:23 AM.
    08-26-12 10:20 AM
    If you cobtact devs, they say its the App world team. If you contact App world team, they say its devs.

I've dealt with it for a while. My current games that dont allow are:

The Logo Game and Radiant Defense.

Did have an issue with Robotek, but after submiting the error to them, the next update fixed it.
    Last edited by scuebydue; 08-26-12 at 11:25 AM.
    spike12 likes this.
    08-26-12 11:18 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD