Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 12:16 AM
    give a review pls
    06-18-11 12:26 AM
    also a little help for converting files

Online ePub converter

06-18-11 12:40 AM
    It is a nice start. You can import epubs easily (20 on my Playbook and 17 were imported).
    There is no turning pages. you just scroll down (sometimes you have to use the Table of Contents for that, terrible!)
    It remembers were you were but when you need to close the book and then it saves the position!
    there are 4 nice themes and you can change the size of one font easily.
    You have the dark thrme (reading in the dark) a sepia, light and e-paper theme.

You can read in both portrait and landscape mode.

A very nice start but needs some work. Happy that an app is finally there and i can read!

Just sent a mail to appmaker and he responded within 30 minutes!

And a FAQ or a website would be nice!

Last edited by danield76; 06-18-11 at 01:39 AM.
    jsp5000, paulvr01 and leemiltz like this.
    06-18-11 12:48 AM
    Gee, it would be just great if the 'native' Kobo were able to import files too.
    Perhaps it is better to wait for the Kindle app to soon arrive.
    06-18-11 01:08 AM
    Well, I check the Kindle thread every day but when it will be there and if it will support users from the EU?

I paid 2.39� and not the 1.99� mentioned on Appworld

06-18-11 01:11 AM
    OOOOOO......i think i just went wet between my gills.... lovely news .... rite now not in wifi area, first thing to do once i get back home, btw whats the name of the reader
    06-18-11 01:36 AM
    also a little help for converting files

Online ePub converter
    The app works nicely with the epubs I purchased from o'reilly and ebooks.com (drm removed), but epubs converted from pdf took forever to load.
    Last edited by jsp5000; 06-18-11 at 01:53 AM.
    06-18-11 01:44 AM
    OOOOOO......i think i just went wet between my gills.... lovely news .... rite now not in wifi area, first thing to do once i get back home, btw whats the name of the reader
    Indeed, finally the first nice app! I hope we will get some interaction with the maker. I just sent him a mail with this thread. The app is called EPUB reader from VOSiT

06-18-11 01:49 AM
    going to try it, 2,29 not going to kill me and cheaper the buying the books again on kobo.
    06-18-11 04:46 AM
    Just tried it, it is going to work for me, was able to convert some books and reading them now. Interface is not perfect but better then nothing.
    06-18-11 05:14 AM
    Epub reader - Review

After i wet myself in the gills..... i got down to reviewing the reader... so here goes

Pro's
    1.The first and only epub reader around.(due credit to VOSit for coming out with this)
    2.The books which are transferred to the PB are quickly discovered.
    3.Has a simple start up screen with all the book covers displayed.
    4.Once you have opened the book swiping up from the top brings up options for closing the book, the table of contents, font size (which can be adjusted from smallest to largest), and four themes(to change the quality of the paper)
    5.The scrolling for reading the book is smooth.
    6. The reader remembers where you have been reading and returns to the same page provided you exit from the book by swiping from above and closing the book and then exiting the app.
    Cons
    1. The first problem i encountered is while i was trying to load the epub files. As i have a large collection ( quite a few gb's) the import epub command brings up the
    books which have been added in the books folder but have to be added to the library one by one(which can get painful if you have a large collection)
    2.The book can be read only by scrolling the pages downwards, you cannot turn the pages which is pretty disappointing.
    3.i uploaded about 30 books and quite a lot of them just dint open.(though i cant be sure if it is the epub file problem)
    4.sometimes when some books did not open the reader just froze and i had to close and start the reader again to get back to the library.
    5.Would have liked more themes, and like mentioned before a faq or help section.
    6. Would love it if it had the option for many more file types.(mobi, kindle).
    7. One of the most important - If you are in hurry and close the book without exiting by doing the upward swipe then the reader starts from the beginning again.
    8. would have loved some kind of electronic bookmark.

All said and done i genuinely am happy that the ebook readers have finally started coming on to PB platform. I am hoping VOSiT will add updates fast and improve the overall experience. Also hoping some new players come into the fray and start heating up things.
    06-18-11 09:23 AM
    would agree with the above comments. it plays some of my epubs very well and would have no issues using it to read books. I'm just having a hard time getting it to read most of my collections. I tried reconverting some using calibre but still no luck. It will open the book and display the chapter, but i cant scroll to any text. Did use the online converter to change a pdf to epub and it worked there. Emailed the app owner to see if there are epub settings u need to use.
    06-18-11 09:37 AM
    I'm not having any luck converting to epub from calibre. anyone have success doing this?
    06-18-11 10:00 AM
    Just tried it, it is going to work for me, was able to convert some books and reading them now. Interface is not perfect but better then nothing.
    Would you mind telling me what format your books were in and how you converted them? I cant get the app to open anything converted by Calibre. Even when i use the online converter the app will not display the entire book. Any help would be appreciated.
    06-18-11 04:05 PM
    I am having trouble with many titles.

I click on the table of contents links and nothing comes up in some cases except the title of the book.

This needs work!
    06-18-11 04:48 PM
    I have books I purchased for the Nook from B&N and wondered if this will work for them before I purchase the app. Appreciate any info.
    06-18-11 04:58 PM
    Yep! BTW I have exchanged emails with the developer and sent him some files that wont read correctly. I believe him to be sincerely interested in fixing the issues we are having.
    06-18-11 05:42 PM
    I only just converted a few of my .mobi to epub witb calibre to read with this program. As of jet found no problems but as I said only converted a few.

As some one else pointed out it is a big hassle to import a big library so not going to bother until can import whole directories.

*continues reading a book*
    06-18-11 05:52 PM
    I have books I purchased for the Nook from B&N and wondered if this will work for them before I purchase the app. Appreciate any info.
    I suspect you would have to find a way to remove the DRM that probably "encases" the file. If the books are not protected, then it will probably work.
    06-18-11 06:04 PM
    I only just converted a few of my .mobi to epub witb calibre to read with this program. As of jet found no problems but as I said only converted a few.

As some one else pointed out it is a big hassle to import a big library so not going to bother until can import whole directories.

*continues reading a book*
    could you post what settings/options you are using with Calibre? I cant get the app to even open epubs from Calibre
    06-18-11 06:08 PM
    I've gotten it to work, but it only lets me read one chapter at a time, i.e., I have to go to the TOC, select a chapter and then when I finish that chapter, I have to go to the TOC again and select the next chapter. I converted via Calibre. Is there a setting in Calibre I should change in order to fix this?
    06-19-11 08:18 AM
    Unfortunately that is the way we have to read now (chapter by chapter via TOC).
    it has nothing to do with your Calibre settings.

I think it will be fixed soon . The maker is very responsive

06-19-11 08:49 AM
    Does anyone else have the issue where certain chapters don't come up at all or just show the title of the book?
    06-19-11 09:04 AM
    Does anyone else have the issue where certain chapters don't come up at all or just show the title of the book?
    yes. on certain books. don't know what to do about it
    06-19-11 09:07 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD