Can't get the SNES emulator to work. It just opens then closes. Any help?
    01-17-13 06:12 AM
    And Genesis one doesn't even appear on my Playbook.
    01-17-13 06:14 AM
    Can't get the SNES emulator to work. It just opens then closes. Any help?
    Did you give the app permission to access your files/folders?
    01-17-13 12:21 PM
    need a favor not sure where to post this imo it counts as an emulator.......moving forward anybody familiar with openbor? i have an android port of the enigne that i have converted to a .bar file but i'm away from my computer and have no means of sideloading it. was wondering if someone would like to test it to see if it works. or take a crack at trying to get it to run on the playbook in case of event it dosen't work. here's the link to the .bar file https://www.box.com/s/i52i0fmidg9ldqzcjhad. personally i would like to see this on the playbook. for anyone unfamiliar with openbor a simple google or youtube search is all you need. there is even a facebook page
    01-29-13 03:14 AM
    need a favor not sure where to post this imo it counts as an emulator.......moving forward anybody familiar with openbor? i have an android port of the enigne that i have converted to a .bar file but i'm away from my computer and have no means of sideloading it. was wondering if someone would like to test it to see if it works. or take a crack at trying to get it to run on the playbook in case of event it dosen't work. here's the link to the .bar file https://www.box.com/s/i52i0fmidg9ldqzcjhad. personally i would like to see this on the playbook. for anyone unfamiliar with openbor a simple google or youtube search is all you need. there is even a facebook page
    An android port won't work as it's written in c. Doesn't take much to get it running on the Playbook but it does have some problems to work out

Emulators and Emulator News for BlackBerry PlayBook-img_00000113.jpg

Specifically, it spends a lot of time in the load screen. Man am I sick of this screen: I have rebooted my Storm a couple of times and this has still not loaded, that's how slow it is .

Emulators and Emulator News for BlackBerry PlayBook-img_00000119.jpg

but when you are actually playing the game it works quite well.

Emulators and Emulator News for BlackBerry PlayBook-img_00000117.jpg

What it needs is someone to develop a controller setup for it and for someone to look into why loading takes so long.
    01-30-13 01:23 AM
    thank you for insight it is much appriciated if you don't mind me asking exactly what did you do to get this to run on the playbook? second could you possibly by chance share your bar you used?
    01-30-13 03:38 PM
    thank you for insight it is much appriciated if you don't mind me asking exactly what did you do to get this to run on the playbook? second could you possibly by chance share your bar you used?
    To get it running on the Playbook I had to remove some unsupported stuff (SDL joystick support and some code that was querying RAM information), change the default paths from the current directory to shared/misc/openBOR, and fix a minor issue with screen creation.

I've uploaded the bar but you really don't want it. The loading time is really bad. It's supposed to work on Android so there may be fix but given the loading time that this version has I don't have high hopes, sorry. If someone else want to spend some time trying to get it running better just PM me.

You will need a bluetooth keyboard to be able to play.

OpenBOR-1_0_0_2.bar
    02-01-13 12:00 AM
    I'm curious to see how it handles and creates file paths. On another note I noticed running Openbor in general on a hand held when you have more than one pak in the paks folder it tends to take a while to load
    02-03-13 11:03 AM
    Emulator update.

Latest new emulators are Atari Lynx and UAE amiga with rebuilds of FCEUX/DGEN/ATARI800 so they look better and fit nicely for BB10 L series. The file dialogs are gone since the BPS file selector logic was causing problems on BB10 and at somepoint need to get bluetooth gamepad/joystick integration into SDL ( BB10 supports Wiimote, gamepads).

Emulators and Emulator News for BlackBerry PlayBook-nesmario.jpg

FCEUX, UAE, DGEN, Atari800 tested and modified for better looking layout on BB10.
    DGEN,Atari800 are updated for PB 2.0 platform but work great on BB10. FCEUX,UAE updated for BB10 specifically.

TODO:
    Fix the speccy emulator
    BT joystick support in SDL ( Wiimote etc ) ,
    file dialogs ,
    Atari ST/STE emulator,
    MAME/MESS port

froggyface: Updates, News ...
    sushistew and anthonybaker like this.
    02-09-13 03:34 PM
    Whoa awesomeness I was just coming to check if they would work on the Z10 great job!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:09 PM
    02-09-13 09:17 PM
    any game boy emulators currently working for the z10? preferably a GBA one?
    02-10-13 11:42 AM
    I'll be releasing the PS and N64 emulators soon for BB10 with a cascades front-end. I'll hopefully have an initial release in the next week or so.
    02-11-13 09:03 AM
    Just curious if you found this? Very interested in this as well.
    02-12-13 03:02 PM
    GBColor (Original Game Boy/Game Boy Color) works perfectly for me, except for the D-Pad looking wierd. VBAM (Game Boy Advance) appears to technically work, but the display is extremely messed up making it unusable. Both of these are just the bar files from their respective links at the first post of this thread.
    02-12-13 04:56 PM
    GBColor (Original Game Boy/Game Boy Color) works perfectly for me, except for the D-Pad looking wierd. VBAM (Game Boy Advance) appears to technically work, but the display is extremely messed up making it unusable. Both of these are just the bar files from their respective links at the first post of this thread.
    Ya I'm having this issue as well.
    02-13-13 10:55 AM
    FCEUX crashes when I try to open it on my z10. Is anyone else having this issue? Any help?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:47 AM
    Figured it out. I'm a dummy.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 03:47 PM
    Looks like they announced support for gamepads:

Adding Gamepad Support to Your BlackBerry 10 Game �BlackBerry Developer Blog

Any chance we could see this integrated into the emulators? I'd love to get some emulator gamepad support.
    02-21-13 12:11 PM
    I'll be adding it to PS1 and N64 in the near future. It's been on my list for a bit but without a supported pad it's not top priority for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 01:00 PM
    I'll be adding it to PS1 and N64 in the near future. It's been on my list for a bit but without a supported pad it's not top priority for me.
    I think the Wiimote is probably the lowest point of entry for anyone looking for a controller. Its not as nice as the other ones but its only $30 or so.
    02-22-13 07:05 AM
    PS1 and N64 released for BlackBerry 10. See the threads in BlackBerry 10 Games forum.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:24 PM
    Will dgen & gb color also be headed to bb10
    02-25-13 09:47 AM
    VBA-m its the one I have
    02-27-13 04:55 PM
    Get that joystick support working plzzzz

I just came across the impulse controller omg I ordered one right away lol even tho its not blackberry supported officially (but its bluetooth so...)

doubles as a key loacator too lol and a camera remote

and the sleeve doubles as a phone stand

not bad for 25 bucks.

Emulators and Emulator News for BlackBerry PlayBook-handholdingimpulsesmgc.jpg
    03-05-13 03:40 PM
487 ... 1415161718 ...