Seleuco from here:

imame4all - MAME for ALL iOS and Android Devices. - Google Project Hosting

Well, I didn't expect a response so soon. Here is the email (email addresses removed to avoid spam):

Bruce Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM
    To:Seleuco
    Hello,

First, I must say thank you so much for iMame4All. It is a work of art
    and runs great on multiple Android devices I own. One thing I really
    wish however is for it to be ported to the Blackberry Playbook. The
    Playbook is a really nice, speedy machine with an excellent screen and
    equally superb speakers. I would love to see how it runs on the
    Playbook, and the device really does deserve something like Mame.
    Would you consider porting it to the Playbook? I would be more than
    happy to test it on my device if you have no testers, as well as many
    folks over at Crackberry.com.

Thanks for your time!

Bruce
    Seleuco Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    To: Bruce

If I had the device... . Maybe.

Without the device I can't port it. I need the the device to test it.

Enviado desde mi iPad

El 11/03/2012, a las 17:23, Bruce escribi�:

Bruce Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    To: Seleuco

Hmm...maybe I can get a donation thing started and get you a Playbook.
    I'm sure a LOT of people would like to have this on the Playbook. It
    is such a nice device...

Now, I would like to try to get some donations going to get him a Playbook and get Mame ported over to it. If we can come up with $200, we can get him at least a 16GB playbook. I am willing to personally donate $40 toward this in order to help make it happen.

Does anyone else want to help? Mame on the playbook would get us all of the great classic arcade action we are so sorely missing to date. Pac-Man, Frogger, Neo-Geo games, 80's-90's classics...Mortal Kombat....the list goes on (2000+ titles supported).

I'd really love for this to happen, and the author seems to be up for it...if he owned a Playbook!
    03-11-12 02:35 PM
    See if he'll change his mind if you tell him about the tablet OS simulator available on the Blackberry dev site?
    03-11-12 02:39 PM
    See if he'll change his mind if you tell him about the tablet OS simulator available on the Blackberry dev site?
    Good call. Do you have the direct link? NVM, got it:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/...simulators.jsp
    zethaaron likes this.
    03-11-12 02:41 PM
    You should've got to him when they were giving them away for porting.
    03-11-12 02:42 PM
    They are no longer doing this? I thought that they were giving them away until May? Or am I mistaken?
    03-11-12 02:45 PM
    I think you're thinking of the original offer, in 2011 when the PlayBook came out they had another app for a free PlayBook offer.
    03-11-12 03:14 PM
    You know, after reading about the Chip8 emulator being rejected, I *highly* doubt something like Mame would be accepted.

Anyway, I gave the author the information and he will look into the dev tools. I hope he is successful. This would be such a great addition to our device. I may even save up and buy him a PB myself if I get no donation help. This guy really did a fantastic job with iMame4All, and I encourage anyone with a Android or IOS device to try it and see why I really believe this belongs on the PB as well.

I also emailed ZX-81, a very nice fellow who wrote a SLEW of awesome emulators for the GP2X and Caanoo that I have been using over the years. Maybe he can bring some neat stuff to the table. Anyone interested on checking his stuff can go to:

ZX-81's web site
    03-12-12 12:18 AM
    sorry but i have to play devil's advocate here... (runs off to play Devil's Advocate game)... ok, i'm back... do you really think that buying this guy a playbook will make him port anything??
    who's to say if he should actually get a shiny new playbook from you that he simply will just say "thank you" and/or "sucker"? you don't know him and he doesn't know you from squat. if you're in such a giving mood then send me a playbook, and i'll make a ps1, wii, ps2, and even an xbox emulator. i'll get right on it as soon as you send me that new playbook.... this guy could easily borrow a playbook from someone or he can buy one himself, yet YOU suggested getting one for him?? seriously though, try not to be so gullible, it could really hurt you in life.
    03-12-12 03:41 AM
    I agree with Omega, why didn't he participate in port app receive free playbook offer? If he wants money, he can port app and charge. That's my opinion.
    03-12-12 10:24 AM
    They are no longer doing this? I thought that they were giving them away until May? Or am I mistaken?
    Your mistaken it was March 2nd.
    03-12-12 10:27 AM
    Well, I would certainly agree with you if this were some nobody out there that made claims of porting applications or emulators, but this person happens to be a well known person in emulation circles and has put the "proof in the pudding" by already have porting to Android and IOS. I have followed his work for a very long time now, and I have no doubt that he would port it to the PB had he had one. I did refer him to the dev tools, and hopefully that helps and gets a project jumpstarted. I can understand if it does not go anywhere however, as it is much less appealing to port your stuff to a simulator than to actually have the device to actually run your code on.

Oh well...hopefully we get it one day... I am still completely for chucking in $40 for this cause. If we had four more people to do so it would help get it started.
    03-12-12 10:28 AM
    I agree with Omega, why didn't he participate in port app receive free playbook offer? If he wants money, he can port app and charge. That's my opinion.
    He does not want anything. I am the one who contacted him and asked if he would port it, and he simply stated that he did not have a device to work with. I offered to try to get a donation thing going and get him one. I also got some good advise here to point him to the simulator.

He did not ask for anything...just to make that perfectly clear. The Playbook was not even a thought to him before I emailed and enquired. Also, something like MAME will *not* be allowed in the Appworld due to its rom loading nature. Do you see any other emulators in the Appworld? Even the Chip8 emulator was rejected. I am actually quite surprised that DosBOX is there, but I guess that falls under another category.

A while back emulators used to be allowed in the Android Market as well, but they were taken down due to "possible" copyright infringement. I guess RIM decided to avoid this whole mess to start and does not allow these types of applications there unfortunately.
    Last edited by zektor666; 03-12-12 at 10:41 AM.
    03-12-12 10:30 AM
    Well, iMame4All is open-source isn't it?
    If not what is the Google Code page doing here? One of us developers could simply port it over.
    03-12-12 10:45 AM
    Well, iMame4All is open-source isn't it?
    If not what is the Google Code page doing here? One of us developers could simply port it over.
    It certainly is open source. Man, how cool would it be to play these classics on the PB? Imagine TV out as well! I just would love to see how they perform on the device. I would imagine it would be an excellent experience.
    03-12-12 10:57 AM
    mame just doesnt feel right unless you are playing on an arcade cabinet.

( which is why i have 2 arcades that have been mame'd )
    03-12-12 11:03 AM
    He does not want anything. I am the one who contacted him and asked if he would port it, and he simply stated that he did not have a device to work with. I offered to try to get a donation thing going and get him one. I also got some good advise here to point him to the simulator.

He did not ask for anything...just to make that perfectly clear. The Playbook was not even a thought to him before I emailed and enquired. Also, something like MAME will *not* be allowed in the Appworld due to its rom loading nature. Do you see any other emulators in the Appworld? Even the Chip8 emulator was rejected. I am actually quite surprised that DosBOX is there, but I guess that falls under another category.

A while back emulators used to be allowed in the Android Market as well, but they were taken down due to "possible" copyright infringement. I guess RIM decided to avoid this whole mess to start and does not allow these types of applications there unfortunately.
    didn't say he asked for it; simply that you offered so he can get it done seems like a big risk to me. he seems like a pretty efficient and productive person so i would think if he had any interest in one he could probably get one. here is a much simpler solution instead of gathering up donations...he could put it on a credit card with a good return policy, (90 days to a year). make monthly payments of 15-30 bucks (average), work on the emulator, once he's done he can return the playbook back to the store within the warranty period given to him by the credit card...done and done.
    03-14-12 12:40 AM
    I know that in the emulators thread on here, mame has been requested, but it is good to see we may have someone else work on it. Froggyface, Jtokarchuk, and A7omic (just to point out a few names), are doing fantastic work on the emulator front, but still, it would be nice to see multiple developers working on multiple projects, which could take the preasure off of the others, and hopefully see more emulators faster.
    03-14-12 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD