Email I got from Splashtop in regards to an app for the playbook - I think its the best remote desktop product I used for the iPad.
    .................................................. ......................
    Thanks,
    For the feedback and interest in Splashtop.

Our team just attended RIM DevCon event, and have begun working on Playbook tablet.

Thank you,
    -mark
    Mark Lee
    Splashtop Inc.
    CEO / President
    1054 S. De Anza Blvd., Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95129
    10-25-11 11:38 AM
    sweet - I sent them something a while back, and they hadn't made a decision one way or the other...this is definitely a step in the right direction!

And I agree, Splashtop is the best out there...I just hope they can get it to run on the PlayBook as well as it does on the iPad.
    10-25-11 11:49 AM
    Does anyone know of a decent alternative in the mean time? I have tried RDM+ but I am not impressed. The text input is awkward and its really slow over tether. Logmein web access is also awkward because you can't double click or right click, you have to use work arounds. Was hoping to find something on 2.0 but most apps don't work. I can't use a true RDP solution either because my home PC is on Win 7 Home, not included in that release.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    10-25-11 12:16 PM
    This is great news, I can only hope other Development shops will still give BlackBerry the time of day to attend the developer events.
    10-25-11 12:21 PM
    Does anyone know of a decent alternative in the mean time? I have tried RDM+ but I am not impressed. The text input is awkward and its really slow over tether. Logmein web access is also awkward because you can't double click or right click, you have to use work arounds. Was hoping to find something on 2.0 but most apps don't work. I can't use a true RDP solution either because my home PC is on Win 7 Home, not included in that release.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    if you want a native RDP app (iow connects to Windows without additional software on the desktop) and you are on OS2 (or running the android player) then i posted the latest version of Remote Desktop Enterprise converted from and android app to one that works in the andriod player. i have been using it for days and love it. its free and works great. set the resolution to 1024x600 and its pretty usable too.
    10-25-11 12:31 PM
    Unfortunately I can't use a true RDP solution, I need something with a client install on the other side. Windows 7 Home Premium has the remote desktop functionality disabled.
    10-25-11 12:33 PM
    Unfortunately I can't use a true RDP solution, I need something with a client install on the other side. Windows 7 Home Premium has the remote desktop functionality disabled.
    You might want to check this out. Been using it for a VERY long time.

Bryan
    10-26-11 12:22 PM
    The imt vnc pb app is very impressive if you don't mind vnc.

it only gets me half way there as not all the boxes i need to connect to have vnc available.
    11-04-11 07:28 PM
    How long do you think it will take to port this over to the playbook? I'm waiting for this and Jotsy, both look like great apps.
    12-09-11 05:50 PM
    I have what's probably a really dumb question, but with this type of software, would I be able to control my media player on my laptop say if I'm lieing down in bed and my laptop is on a desk? I used to have a remote for my laptop which I could do that with but have lost it; so if this software would allow me to do something like that, that would be cool.

Or perhaps it's better asked, what type of things would people use this software for?
    12-09-11 05:57 PM
    Darlaten - Yes you would. Basically its like having a mirror of your desktop (or whatever computer) that you have the software loaded on. For me, I have it installed on my parents computer and it allows me to remotely connect to help them with IT issues (which is common). But it could be used for anything, and splashtop was so good that on the same network, it was fast enough to watch movies and listen to music.

Brianh99 - thanks for the link, I will check it out.
    12-09-11 06:19 PM
    Well since Logmein is ignoring Playbook, it's refreshing and revitalizing to see Splashtop jump on the PB wagon and actually confirm they are working on it!
    Link to Splashtop forum

=D I'll happily wait for Splashtop (video / game streaming / remote desktop ) WOOH!
    PS, Screw you logmein.
    12-30-11 12:36 PM
    We need a true RDP app from RIM for the PB. Something that can be used securely and encrypted through BES. Now THAT would bring in some corporations...
    HaTaX likes this.
    12-30-11 12:38 PM
    So has anyone tried the kindle fire apk from the amazon app store since hardware specs are similar?
    12-31-11 12:04 AM
    The app is now available and on sale for 4.49�:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../63170?lang=en

Anyone tried it so far?

How does it compare to RDM+?
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-11-12 04:56 AM
    Looking forward to some reviews on this.
    01-11-12 05:54 AM
    I will be waiting for reviews too. I have most of the systems i work on (outside of my work network) logmein. Ive heard of people using splashtop on android devices but never used it myself in the way that I would use it, which would typically be as RDM to work on client computers.
    01-11-12 08:02 AM
    Much easier to get started compared to rdm.
    Gestures are different but so far so good.
    Speed wise it was up and working instantaneously.
    Shows a lot of promise and this is still my first five minutes since buying
    I am using the playbook to type this seeing as I was reading the forum on the computer.

RDM said local wifi could not be done. BAH!!!! This is great.

Gotta play with it some more but 5 stars so far.
    01-11-12 08:24 AM
    i want to get this app right now, but i need to know it will work over the internet, rather than just the network, when using Comodo Firewall:

Settings to Connect via Comodo Firewall : Splashtop Remote - Support
    01-11-12 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD