What is the best/easiest way to sign apps for the playbook? I couldnt get the CMD way to work, or the HaTaX one, or bbhtool to work. Isnt there any GUI way to sing apps? I already have the .bars and p12.
    11-16-12 05:04 PM
    The easiest GUI I know of for signing apps is BBH-Tool. You just open the tool, go to the "Playbook" tab, press the "APK Converter/BAR signer" button, select your BAR files, make sure you select the correct p12 file and enter the password right, then click "Convert/Sign it". If you don't want to install straight away, untick that box below the convert/sign button. If you do want to install straight away, make sure you have the IP address and password entered correctly in the main window before pressing the "APK Converter/BAR signer" button. If it still doesn't work, tick the "display event log" box and copy the output and paste it here so we can diagnose the problem.

If you can't get that to work, if you just want to sign BAR files, assuming you have the SDK setup, you just run this command:

bbwp <archive_file> -g <KeystorePassword> -buildId <num> -o <output_location>

<archive_file> is the BAR file, <KeystorePassword> is, funnily enough, the keystore password, <num> is just a number which you need to increment every time you sign the same BAR (e.g. first time use "1", next time use "2" etc.), <output_location> is the folder you want the signed BAR to be put in.

You need to execute it from the location of bbwp, so on Windows you'd navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS<x.x.x.x>\bbwp in the command line [path being slightly different depending on which SDK you have installed; Android, WebWorks, Native, Air. Also note on 64-bit Windows it's Program Files (x86)].
    11-16-12 05:33 PM
    The syntax of the command is incorrect?
    11-16-12 05:50 PM
    No matter what, I geta error in BBHTool.Seriosly, somebody help, the port a thon ends soon!
    11-17-12 01:04 AM
    Like I said, please paste the output from the event log in BBH-Tools. It will help greatly in working out what is wrong here.
    11-17-12 04:22 AM
    have you tried uploading the apk to the app.unker.net conversion site? signs bars automatically for you when converting. I use both this and the bbhtool
    11-17-12 07:49 AM
    have you tried uploading the apk to the app.unker.net conversion site? signs bars automatically for you when converting. I use both this and the bbhtool
    I see no indication that it is an Android app he is trying to convert, and if not there is no APK.
    11-17-12 08:40 AM
    Event Log
    ----------------------------
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jay\Downloads\BBHTool-pub>cd C:\Users\Elles Family\Downloads\BBHTool-pub

C:\Users\Jay\Downloads\BBHTool-pub>java -cp "%~dp0\..\lib\EccpressoAll.jar;%~dp0\..\lib\Eccpre ssoJDK15ECC.jar;%~dp0\..\lib\BarSigner.jar;%~dp0\. .\lib\BarPackager.jar;%~dp0\..\lib\KeyTool.jar" net.rim.device.codesigning.barsigner.BarSigner -keystore "C:\dev\BkackBerryTabletSDK\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\QNX.p12" -storepass ----- -cskpass ----- ""
    Error: Unable to open bar file:

C:\Users\Jay\Downloads\BBHTool-pub>exit

I blocked out the pass, so no, my password isnt wrong.
    11-17-12 11:02 AM
    It doesn't look like there is any BAR file mentioned in the arguments of the command. That sounds like the problem here. My suggestion would be this.

Copy the command exactly from the event log. Open a command window (windows key & R, type "cmd", hit enter). type
    Code:
    cd "C:\Users\Jay\Downloads\BBHTool-pub"
    and hit enter. Then paste in the command as you copied it (right click in cmd window to paste). Before pressing enter, type in the path to the BAR file at the end of the command (full path, with double quotes (") around it). Then hit enter. [EDIT: Actually, the two double quotes are already there by the looks of things. If you enter the path to the BAR file between them, it should hopefully work]

Maybe that will work. If not, paste the output from that here.

One other question (probably not important, but you never know), do you have any idea why the first command is seemingly a cd to the downloads directory of another user, but the next command is still running in the same directory as the first?
    byteninja2 likes this.
    11-17-12 01:17 PM
    It worked! with a few modifacations I will post later.
    Last edited by byteninja2; 11-17-12 at 05:37 PM.
    SifJar likes this.
    11-17-12 05:16 PM
    Excellent, glad you got it to work. Look forward to seeing whatever you've ported popping up in the App World. Any hints of what to look out for?
    11-18-12 06:50 AM