never been a console player ... but with the drop of the NHL series on the PC in recent years due to piracy ..i have been going through NHL withdrawl ... the PlayBook is intrinsically console-like in predictable hardware and secure media delivery coupled with powerful hardware. How many would buy? i would ....
    ignites likes this.
    10-13-11 08:32 PM
    I like that idea, though I think the game controls may be abit too complicated for just a touch screen. But, I'd give it a shot for sure.
    bermont and ignites like this.
    10-13-11 10:00 PM
    I was a pc gamer for 30+ years and I switched to consoles about 5 years ago. I swore I would never switch but I actually like the consoles better cause I can sit back and kick my feet up and play off the 50 inch plasma and recliner. it's nice not having to sit at a desk and run the mouse and keyboard combo, although you will never match the accuracy on a fps with a gamepad vs mouse and keyboard.

I now use my playbook to store the created plays for nhl12.

I play it on xbox with the playbook next to me with screen shots of my plays for quick lookup lol.

I would just spend the few hundred and get a console.

I also run the pc off the plasma with laser mouse and wireless keyboard but I was always upgrading video and sound to keep up to the latest games.. my xbox360 has been good no need to upgrade all the time after every new game comes out..
    bermont likes this.
    10-13-11 11:51 PM
    A canadian went to shoo away a bird of prey who was bothering his flock with a stick. As he walked back to his tent his wife said "Hawk eh?" and a sport was born.
    10-14-11 03:44 PM
    Well considering EA doesn't even do a version of NHL 2012 for the iOS or Android devices, I doubt we'll see one for the PlayBook. Now I wouldn't mind Madden 2012, or FIFA 2012 or Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 for the PlayBook.
    10-14-11 04:04 PM
    Hah! I didn't even think about the possibility of NHL 2012 on the PB. I would buy it, absolutely! When I used to have my iPad, I had Madden and Real Soccer on it, both were fun to play on a touch screen device.
    10-14-11 04:41 PM
    A canadian went to shoo away a bird of prey who was bothering his flock with a stick. As he walked back to his tent his wife said "Hawk eh?" and a sport was born.
    C'mon... a tent? Shows what you know. It was an igloo!
    10-15-11 08:03 AM
    id definitely buy nhl 2012... im not much of a console gamer either.. i used to LOVE nhl on PC... im still searching for a verison of nhl 09 on PC cus they wont sell any of the update ones... very disappointed that they are no longer for sale.
    10-16-11 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD