I've created a Dropbox account, installed the bluebox app on my PlayBook & Dropbox onto my Z10.

When I upload a photo from my z10 & it syncs onto my account, I can view the photo on my PlayBook but for some reason I cannot download photo?

Anyone using dropbox/bluebox know how to download a photo so it's actually stored on my PlayBook & not just a viewer?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 04:31 PM
    files and folders will download the app from dropbox before viewing it. nothing that I know will just automatically download the file before you access it
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-23-13 04:35 PM
    sideloaded dropbox app will also export files to any folder you want on the playbook
    02-23-13 04:37 PM
    Not sure why you cannot do this.. In Bluebox (on Playbook) select the file and then the download button lights up.. This also works for Box on Z10 and Box on Playbook too.
    02-23-13 04:39 PM
    I've created a Dropbox account, installed the bluebox app on my PlayBook & Dropbox onto my Z10.

When I upload a photo from my z10 & it syncs onto my account, I can view the photo on my PlayBook but for some reason I cannot download photo?

Anyone using dropbox/bluebox know how to download a photo so it's actually stored on my PlayBook & not just a viewer?

Posted via CB10
    Realise what you meant now. You want it automatically. Why dont you try side loading the Android app DropSync. Its very easy to sideload, here a slink to the app: Dropsync for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Business and Productivity Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps
    02-23-13 04:46 PM
    Thanks for the info but what I mean is how do I save a photo into my PlayBook, I can select download & it opens photo but I want to save it on my PlayBook, so I can say set as wallpaper or file in a photo album.

By sounds of it I can only do this by buying an app like files & folders?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 06:24 PM
    In Bluebox, tap on the photo (or file) you want to download, then tap the "Download" button to the right of the screen. The photo (or file) will be saved to shared/documents/Blue Box/(your name)/. But, FWIW, the sideloaded DropBox app is much better than BlueBox.
    02-23-13 06:43 PM
    In Bluebox, tap on the photo (or file) you want to download, then tap the "Download" button to the right of the screen. The photo (or file) will be saved to shared/documents/Blue Box/(your name)/. But, FWIW, the sideloaded DropBox app is much better than BlueBox.
    ?? The sideloaded dropbox is slow as ****......
    02-23-13 06:48 PM
    not for me it isnt. I'm running 2.3. I love it. the app does everything. I wonder why its so slow for you
    02-23-13 07:26 PM
    Compared to what? I get similar upload and download speeds using the DropBox app, BlueBox, Simple Browser and Files and Folders.
    02-23-13 09:02 PM
    Compared to what? I get similar upload and download speeds using the DropBox app, BlueBox, Simple Browser and Files and Folders.
    Really? I find using files and folders much faster, even with a doc file with just text the sideloaded dropbox app takes like a minute to download and with files and folder is almost immediate, and for sharing a file the dropbox app is so slow box for playbook is faster.
    02-23-13 10:14 PM
    Really? I find using files and folders much faster, even with a doc file with just text the sideloaded dropbox app takes like a minute to download and with files and folder is almost immediate, and for sharing a file the dropbox app is so slow box for playbook is faster.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder if its the version you are using. or if deleting the app, restarting, and then instal,ing again will work. I just loaded about 20 pics using the dropbox program and it was very fast
    02-23-13 10:22 PM
    Thanks for the help pacoman03.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 06:33 AM
    I second using File & Folders, in which dropbox integration is seamless. It won't automatically SYNC files however. There are very few apps doing this, and none for Dropbox AFAIK. You can do it with some FTP apps, like RemoteDeFTP for instance.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-24-13 10:30 AM
    It won't automatically SYNC files however. There are very few apps doing this, and none for Dropbox AFAIK..
    One of the advantage of the sideloaded android DropBox app is that it can be set to automatically upload new pictures and videos in your Camera folder.
    02-24-13 10:39 AM