Has anyone experienced issues trying to download files around 300� MB in size? I've tried files and folders app, bluebox and neither would make it past 80 mb or less without errors or freezing.
    11-19-12 02:42 PM
    Has anyone experienced issues trying to download files around 300� MB in size? I've tried files and folders app, bluebox and neither would make it past 80 mb or less without errors or freezing.
    I use Files and Folders and routinely download files 700MB-900MB in size with no problems. I copy them to the clipboard, select the target direcrory, in my case usually videos, and paste.
    11-19-12 02:50 PM
    OK mightve been a bad hot spot I was at, will try at home
    11-19-12 02:52 PM
    Some may not like to hear this, but this is a situation where sideloaded android apps are clearly better than available native apps. Files and Folders or Bluebox will both stop downloading and fail if you lose your internet connection, even just for a second or two, during the download. Conversely, the sideloaded android apps ES File Explorer, X-Plore, or the Dropbox app, will stop downloading if you lose your connection but will resume once you get your connection back. Furthermore, if the files that you're trying to download are media files that you want to play on your PB, with these android apps there is no need to download the files since they'll allow you to stream them directly from the cloud- again, not possible with any native apps that I'm aware of.
    Herve5 likes this.
    11-19-12 03:24 PM
    Some may not like to hear this, but this is a situation where sideloaded android apps are clearly better than available native apps. Files and Folders or Bluebox will both stop downloading and fail if you lose your internet connection, even just for a second or two, during the download. Conversely, the sideloaded android apps ES File Explorer, X-Plore, or the Dropbox app, will stop downloading if you lose your connection but will resume once you get your connection back. Furthermore, if the files that you're trying to download are media files that you want to play on your PB, with these android apps there is no need to download the files since they'll allow you to stream them directly from the cloud- again, not possible with any native apps that I'm aware of.
    I am confident the developer of Files & Folders can and will incorporate download-resume functionality at some point. This application only has one minor flaw: the folder names at the top-level under should truncate the /accounts/1000/shared/ and only display Books, Documents, Downloads, etc. since users cannot create or modify files residing higher in the subdirectory tree. This is strictly a user interface issue but could prevent confusion among some users. And I appreciate Files & Folders being a true native application for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-19-12 04:08 PM
    (...) This application only has one minor flaw: the folder names at the top-level under should truncate the /accounts/1000/shared/ and only display Books, Documents, Downloads, etc. since users cannot create or modify files residing higher in the subdirectory tree.
    I understand the UI improvement in not having a kilometric path at the top of the window.
    But, you'll find users that prefer this extensive interface (of which me), and also I fear, silly as it is, competitors to F&F would be fast to stress such a 'restriction' if it was implemented...
    May I suggest, if your feature is implemented, at least that it be as a user-selectable option?
    In the meanwhile, I'd say any evolution that allows a faster startup time for F&F (caching, parallelization, whatever) would be extremely welcome...
    H.
    11-20-12 03:24 AM
    May I know how to download files with Dropbox app for android? I installed but whenever I select a file it only allows me to Open (no download) and when it's not supported by the android player (like docx, pptx) it will prompt me that there is no app to open that file type.
    11-20-12 04:12 AM
    May I know how to download files with Dropbox app for android? I installed but whenever I select a file it only allows me to Open (no download) and when it's not supported by the android player (like docx, pptx) it will prompt me that there is no app to open that file type.
    To download a file, press and hold on the file you want to download. Then choose "export". Then choose "save to SD card". On the screen that then appears, you can navigate to the folder you want to download to, and then choose "export".

Drop box files won't download-img_00000126.jpgDrop box files won't download-img_00000127.jpgDrop box files won't download-img_00000129.jpg
    11-20-12 09:57 AM
    So instead of save androids uses export?
    11-20-12 10:04 AM
    So instead of save androids uses export?
    The Dropbox app uses "export". My Skydrive and Adrive apps have download buttons.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-12 10:14 AM