Drop box files won't download
Has anyone experienced issues trying to download files around 300± MB in size? I've tried files and folders app, bluebox and neither would make it past 80 mb or less without errors or freezing.Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
- 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM #2Podcaster, host of The DexterCast, an introcast for the Showtime series Dexter. Two of us have seen Dexter before, the other two are watching for the first time.
- 11-19-2012, 03:24 PM #4
Some may not like to hear this, but this is a situation where sideloaded android apps are clearly better than available native apps. Files and Folders or Bluebox will both stop downloading and fail if you lose your internet connection, even just for a second or two, during the download. Conversely, the sideloaded android apps ES File Explorer, X-Plore, or the Dropbox app, will stop downloading if you lose your connection but will resume once you get your connection back. Furthermore, if the files that you're trying to download are media files that you want to play on your PB, with these android apps there is no need to download the files since they'll allow you to stream them directly from the cloud- again, not possible with any native apps that I'm aware of.
- 11-19-2012, 04:08 PM #5
- CrackBerry Addict
11-20-2012, 03:24 AM #6
- 564 Posts
But, you'll find users that prefer this extensive interface (of which me), and also I fear, silly as it is, competitors to F&F would be fast to stress such a 'restriction' if it was implemented...
May I suggest, if your feature is implemented, at least that it be as a user-selectable option?
In the meanwhile, I'd say any evolution that allows a faster startup time for F&F (caching, parallelization, whatever) would be extremely welcome...
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-20-2012, 04:12 AM #7
- 289 Posts
May I know how to download files with Dropbox app for android? I installed but whenever I select a file it only allows me to Open (no download) and when it's not supported by the android player (like docx, pptx) it will prompt me that there is no app to open that file type.
- 11-20-2012, 09:57 AM #8
- 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM #9
So instead of save androids uses export?Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
- By bdogg in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
- By Sammythebarber in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
- By bolko12 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
- By tajay911 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-07-2008, 11:11 AM
- By taz80 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 4Last Post: 05-21-2008, 03:25 PM