AVAILABLE IN APP WORLD: CrackBerry Forums for PlayBook

OK BlackBerry PlayBook owners, HERE IT IS! Following up the release of the CrackBerry Forums for BlackBerry Smartphones app, you can now download the CrackBerry Forums for PlayBook app from App World.

Our CrackBerry Forums for PlayBook app is FREE OF CHARGE, and offers these great features:

- Auto-save your account information! There's no need to login every-time.
    - Guests can browse without logging in (join here if you want to be a member)
    - Super-fast loading of forums and topics. We're talking FAST.
    - You can Create, Read, Reply and Quote discussions (SWIPE DOWN for options)
    - You Send and Receive Private Messages (it's true!).
    - Attach files including pdfs, images and zip files
    - Advertising free experience
    - Plus MORE!

We worked with our friends at Tapatalk on this one, actually porting over their Android version of Tapatalk and customizing it for CrackBerry (so yes, it runs in the app player). With our beta testing to date we've found it's working pretty darn well, but consider this version 1.0 - if you find any bugs or things that need fixing let us know on this forums thread and we'll work on getting them fixed.

Be sure to download the CB Forums for PlayBook app and drop a nice five star rating and review. Let's get this baby to the top of App World!
    08-29-12 03:01 PM
    Please make a native app in the future! Thanks for this one, it's fluid and fast. Cheers!
    08-29-12 03:10 PM
    Have been waiting for something like this as i read a lot here instead posting much (sorry) so it will help as you said it's super fast.
    Will post all my findings for fellow CrackBerry users.
    08-29-12 03:10 PM
    The plan is definitely to have a kick native BlackBerry 10 app. Want something awesome that's all encompassing. We've been getting it planned out. Hope to have it ready for when the phones hit the market. In the meantime, this should keep y'all happy!
    08-29-12 03:15 PM
    Old news?

I've been using this app since June lol

Or is it another?

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-29-12 03:19 PM
    Previously it was only available for BlackBerry Smartphones. Now it's available for the PlayBook. The two versions are a lot different. One is java based for BBOS. The PlayBook one is ported from Android.
    08-29-12 03:21 PM
    could be a little more "fluent", but it is just an android port so can't expect a ton from it...
    08-29-12 03:27 PM
    Tks

Just got it .

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-29-12 03:40 PM
    Testing the reply feature of this new app. Grats crackberry team!

Any plans for a sneak preview of the BB10 version in the near future?
    08-29-12 04:22 PM
    An Andoid App for CrackBerry?
    Sorry guys, that's 'cough' strange!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-29-12 04:34 PM
    I kinda like it. But how do you go back from a thread, like you're in the PlayBook forum and selected a thread and you're done reading the whole thing and wanna go back to see the other threads. The back button on the bottom won't do it.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    08-29-12 05:35 PM
    Android App. WTF? It's "Crackberry.com!" Why not a Native App?
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-29-12 05:52 PM
    Works pretty well thought!
    08-29-12 05:53 PM
    Yea... I agree with many above, Why an Android app? Just to go to back a page you need to bring up the task bar thing in the Android player, and see all my other Android app icons sitting in there, awkward.

You guys have been talking about making a forums app for so long too. It really took you this long to pretty up the Tapatalk app? Do you guys not know any developers you could have asked/paid to do this? And why not make a native one to start with? I pretty sure I've been seeing lots of stuff around here and straight from BlackBerry stating how easy it is to convert an app from QNX to BB10. Maybe I'm wrong though?

I'm no developer, but if you're planning on making a BB10 forums app wouldn't making a native PlayBook app be a good first step? Isn't Android something completely different? Why waste all that time for something that will be useless/garbage in 6 months?

Sorry Kevin, I love CrackBerry/BlackBerry, and I'll be one of the first people to buy a QWERTY BB10 phone, but this seems like something Thorsten would do. You'd then write an article bashing him, but telling us how it will all be ok in the future.

Thanks, but I will be sticking to the browser...

Side note: Kevin, it's time for a haircut, you tried, and RIM let you/us down (for now). I think you'll do much better cheering/advocating RIM with a clean hairdo
    08-29-12 07:25 PM
    To go back: swipe from the bottom diagonally left.

This is how you go back in all the android player apps.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-29-12 07:34 PM
    Nice job CrackTeam, this app is solid and will definitely hold us over until BB10. Don't get razzled by the whiners. I for one appreciate you bringing us a forum app NOW and not waiting until 6mnths from now.

Come on guys.... Lighten up and show some grattitude. The app is free...
    08-29-12 07:37 PM
    I can't back out of a thread either, will try the diagonal swipe as suggested.
    Works on 668 but not working on latest beta 840...i know it's a beta, just reporting it.
    Default thumbs are all Droid logo because it is a port. NB4 shirt storm.
    Thanks though, it is a lot faster than the browser.

Edit: App works on 668 but will not open on 840. Back button doesn't work but the swipe
    does half the time the other half it minimizes.
    Last edited by nnomad; 08-29-12 at 09:04 PM.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    08-29-12 08:07 PM
    The new app allows for quick viewing and replying to posts. While the full web site allows for everything, it is not as quick to get the job done.

I am also using the latest beta version (2.1.0.840) and am not having any problems backing out of threads. So far it works with the gesture (upwards to the left from the bottom bezzel) and with the back arrow in the Android runtime stats bar.
    08-29-12 08:44 PM
    I can't back out of a thread either, will try the diagonal swipe as suggested.
    Works on 668 but not working on latest beta 840...i know it's a beta, just reporting it.
    Default thumbs are all Droid logo because it is a port. NB4 shirt storm.
    Thanks though, it is a lot faster than the browser.

Edit: App works on 668 but will not open on 840. Back button doesn't work but the swipe
    does half the time the other half it minimizes.
    I experience the same. The swipe up to the left is not consistent. You have to really be precise. And the back arrow in the android runtime bar does Not get you back out of the current thread. If that is how Androids work, that would drive me nuts.

Edit: The back arrow works occasionally and I'm starting to get the hang of it with up-left swipe. Still I got used to the native gestures more easily. I also miss the native word suggestions. I have to type more now. LOL

I do wish as well that tye app was a native one, but I still kinda like it. Nevertheless for now I prefer the browser.
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 08-29-12 at 10:00 PM.
    08-29-12 09:46 PM
    I run into reproducible installation error on my PlayBook (with the buggy 2.0.1.668). Is it just me?

However, I am able to install it on my another PlayBook (with beta 2.1.0.840).
    08-30-12 09:59 AM
    Assuming most people are right handed it's far easier to swipe diagonally right, works just the same and is a far more natural movement.

It works 999 times out of a 1,000 for me and in Tapatalk looks more normal because the previous page wipes in from the left.
    08-30-12 10:25 AM
    Can't install this. Keep running into an error @ 50% installation.
    09-01-12 07:43 PM
    Can't install this. Keep running into an error @ 50% installation.
    I have the same problem. Are you on 2.0.1.668 OS?
    09-01-12 09:16 PM
    Woot! Woot! I can post on the go ^^
    09-02-12 09:28 AM
    I have the same problem. Are you on 2.0.1.668 OS?
    Yep. Haven't done any real playing around, just stock OS etc.
    09-02-12 02:18 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD