Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

It's still a tricky practice... it's like a bait and switch. Not good. I'm sure if you really like the application, you'd be happy to pay for future upgrades... it just seems to be an underhanded practice. It's deceitful. Be up front, and I bet most people would pay.

Default Double Dealing App Developers

That's true.

But my thought is, there is a ton of useless 5 dollar apps out there. We have digimedia's junk to deal with. And the outcomes of endless port-a-thons where developers are rewarded for doing as minimal a job as possible.

A free app going to 99cents, it just aint worth that much effort to worry about. Same for any app going free to paid. Its just not something that would really warrant a thought from me normally in the grand scheme of things.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

KermEd, your right on that and I agree that 0.99 just isn't worth getting worked up for as far as the bigger picture is concerned.

Great app though and more than worth the money.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just Pin It.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  

Quote Originally Posted by KermEd View Post
    That's true.

But my thought is, there is a ton of useless 5 dollar apps out there. We have digimedia's junk to deal with. And the outcomes of endless port-a-thons where developers are rewarded for doing as minimal a job as possible.

A free app going to 99cents, it just aint worth that much effort to worry about. Same for any app going free to paid. Its just not something that would really warrant a thought from me normally in the grand scheme of things.

But that's just my 2 cents.

You missed the point entirely. This has nothing to with the changes in price. It has to do with the dev issuing updates that made the existing full function version of the app a 5 use limited trial.

Nobody has a problem with a dev changing the price, that's their business. Charging for an upgrade from free to paid is good, you need to get paid for your work

Changing the full function app to a limited use app is the problem. It's a bad practice plain and simple.
    To resist the influence of others the knowledge of oneself is of most importance.

Teal'c on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Episode 14

Because its a free app.

And because of all the apps in the appstore though.

I don't get why its a problem. Delete the free app and get another. Its not like it cost you anything. Yeah an app changed - but if you never paid for it... If you paid it would be different to me.

I'm just saying, to me, the issue looks small. But that's just my opinion.

When I think double dealing, I think Microsoft. Where you pay some crazy fee for internet gaming every month - and then they riddle it with ads to double their income.

Changing functions of a free app or even killing off a free app with little notice - its still just a free app. As far as I am concerned, you got it for free, he owes you nothing.

CrackBerry User

I got the point of the first comment and I understand its moral problem. That is why I apologise. But there is a background that you can't see if you aren't a developer. Let me tell you about a little: if I would like to add a new application to AppWorld it could take up to 1 month (review session). If you want to add a new release to your existing application it takes only 2-3 days. Updating product description sometimes takes more time than a review of the new release because it has to be reviewed first.

There is an input field that has to be filled when you are uploading a new release. I filled it every time, but BB isn't showing that to you, Dear User. That is why I'm writing a documentation (link at the beginning of the product description from the first time) that contains all the upgrades, how it is working, upcoming features, etc. This documentation is updated before all app releases. So when you are seeing that there is a new update then you had the chance to check the documentation and decide if it is worth for upgrading or not. But as far as I know only a few people read all the product description.

Changing pricing of an application from free to paid is slow too. 1 year before it was much more easier and currently try and buy option is also removed from the new applications.

After all that if you decide that it is worth $1 for you, I thank you very much because that small amount of money gives me more free development time in my - almost 3rd world - country. I can assure you there will be no limitation in this pricey application. Thank You again.
    Last edited by NovGab; 01-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.

On a side note which country are you from if I may ask

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12