This is amazing. Bat to the good old days! Managed to get running couple of DOS games pretty smooth. But I can't get it to work the game NOCTROPOLIS, Warcraft2 and Full Trotle! Did someone tried those game?
    Last edited by quen-quen; 02-09-13 at 11:07 AM.
    02-09-13 10:11 AM
    Full throttle, try scumm vm that runs well on there
    02-09-13 04:11 PM
    Help needed please. I just cannot for the life of me get this to run any games.
    Sideloaded the app, put the games into separate folders within the misc folder.

I've typed
    mount c /accounts/1000/shared
    then
    c:

I now have the prompt
    C:\>

If I type cd misc it says Unable to change to: misc.

If I type dir it says Directory of C:\.
    File *.* not found.

What am I doing wrong?????

If I mount c /accounts/1000
    then
    c:
    then dir it shows me the folders within so why not when I put in the full mount name?

Also, I've read about editing files and such but where on earth is dosbox installed?
    Do I need another program to view the playbooks other folders?
    02-24-13 01:21 PM
    I'm not sure what you're doing but here's what I'm doing (I'm doing this with win 95 and 98 but the same basic principle applies):

mount C /accounts/1000/shared/misc/
    c:
    dir
    imgmount a w95.img
    boot w95.img
    (or 98)
    02-24-13 05:50 PM
    Appreciate the reply but doing the first part gives the line

Directory /accounts/1000/shared/misc doesn't exist.

Any other ideas?
    02-25-13 11:58 AM
    You must first do Mount(space)C(space)/(and then accounts/1000/shared/misc/).

If you wait a bit, I'll take photos of each step though I haven't really used this in a while. Or maybe even a video (probably a video)
    02-25-13 03:18 PM
    I'm currently uploading the video to youtube as it's too big to post here. I also noticed that what you posted, at the end of misc, you forgot the "/". I'm not sure if it's important but I always do it so that may be the problem. Also, the video I'm posting goes up to the imgmount a w95.img because I deleted the file a while ago as it took up my valuable space but just look below:
    mount C /accounts/1000/shared/misc/
    c:
    dir
    imgmount a w95.img
    boot w95.img
    (or 98)

Okay I uploaded the video but the quality isn't amazing so just squint your eyes:

If none of this was helpful, then search on google the dosbox tutorial on the internet where the guy actually mounts a game as here I'm mounting a .img file and yours may be different. Sorry if this didn't help
    02-25-13 03:33 PM
    I am having a little bit of trouble with the SDL controls.

I have created a very simple sdl-controls.xml

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <emulation version="1">

<toucharea x="40" y="20" width="560" height="350" tapSensitive="1"/>

<key x="40" y="0" width="40" height="20" sym="282" scancode="59">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="40" height="20" image="shared/misc/dosbox/stdimg1/F1.png"/>
    </key>

</emulation>
    And inserted this, along with a F1.png in the misc/dosbox/ directory.

I tried this with version 1.0016 (as posted earlier in the thread)
    Dosbook (Blackberry world)
    and A7omic Dosbox (Blackberry world)

When I try A7omic's versions (Blackberry world and 1.006), the default keyboard/mouse overlays appear
    When I try Dosbook, no overlays appear.

Am I doing something daft ?
    Do I need to alter dosbox-0.74.conf to get it to work ?
    Or do I need to compile my own version of Dosbox with SDL overlay ?
    03-09-13 06:27 AM
    A7omic needs to get the newest blackberry git of dosbox and release it. It has some very important floating point fixes I need to run a game I want.

I am running windows 3.1 and want to play Space Empires 2. But there is an error with the integer or floating point math and wont work properly.

I don't know. maybe a native developer can compile it?

https://github.com/blackberry/DosBox
    04-02-13 06:34 PM
    Hi I'd appreciate it if someone can post a video or guide on how to incorporate the sdl controls with dosbox
    06-22-13 05:37 AM
    Hi,

I made a new overlay with a smaller visual footprint and using less pixels when you need something a bit more subtle or with less contrast. I've repackaged my original high contrast qwerty overlay and GeorgeT93's original in one single package for convenience and to allow switching between them on the PB with minimal effort. See included readme!

Take care!

Balrog

http://imageshack.us/a/img687/8046/img00000010yk.jpg
    Does anyone know the sym and scancode is for INS key and END key?
    09-27-13 08:18 AM
    Thanks A7omic, GeorgeT93, and pb2012129 for the forum posts about keyboard overlay. I think I finally figured things out.

GeorgeT93 or pb2012129: Do either of you have png files for Ins, End, PgUp, PgDn? I tried modifying the smaller ones that pb2012129 made but I couldn't get the font to match the other buttons. I like the smaller high contrast buttons alot. They don't overlap with whats on the screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    09-28-13 07:15 AM
    Is anyone working on Dosbox for bb10? It would be perfect on a Q10 or Q5

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:47 AM
    Ive tried to boot Win XP
    Anyway, after ordering :
    imgmount a WinXP.img I have this what the heck sentence:
    "Could not extract drive geometry from image.
    Use parameter -size bps, spc, hpc, cyl to specify the geometry."
    Maybe xp image its too "big" for playbook to manage it?
    I would love to run xp on playbook , but Im thinking win 7 could be better..
    05-22-14 09:33 PM
    Maybe read thru this thread. I think that the latest you'll be able to load is Windows 95, maybe Windows 98.
    05-22-14 10:05 PM
    yes, I was aware of Win 98 limit, but I tried.
    hehe
    05-23-14 03:21 PM
    So my dad got reminiscing on the good ol dos days and a little dos gem called Panzer General. He has been wanting a tablet for reading for a while now and I thought I could make the oldmans day if I dropped him off a tablet preconfigured for Panzer General and maybe even Stars!, another Win3.1 gem. Anyway I stole my kids tablet 4.4 Android and got to work and I have PG running well and I have directions for getting Stars! to work too. In my testing I started getting sentimental so I went to my PB and started tinkering. I can get PG working but it is very sluggish, funny it worked fine on a 650Mhz 128MB computer from 1994 but slow as hell on my PB. Anyway got looking at trying to side load DOSBOX Turbo, which is what is running on my daughters tablet, so that I can run PG better and maybe even Stars!, anyone tried to get turbo running yet?
    Also anyone know how to "right click" in Dosbox PB? I was in the config but could not find any means of getting left and right mouse buttons on the screen or a "Relative Mouse" cursor like what is in Turbo, been on google and countless forums including the Dosbox Manual and cannot find any means to a solution. I saw a YouTube video showing a PB running Dosbox with LCRC CRT SHFT virtual buttons in the bottom corners but no directions on how to do this, anyone here know how?
    Thanks
    11-30-15 03:04 PM
    Haha, one thing it is for sure, it was not a 650 with 128 in 1994!
    12-28-15 07:56 PM
493 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD