just dl'ed the dolphin browser beta apk, converted to bar and am running it on my playbook. I have to say its pretty quick, especially over the bridge. can't wait to test it out over wifi and compare to the pb browser, but apparently it's kicking on html5...tests at 450 with 3 bonus points a better base score than even the acclaimed BB10 browser at 447 with 10 bonus points.

here's the link to the dolphin beta site:

Dolphin Browser Beta
    06-20-12 03:52 PM
    Kindly share the converted BAR file...
    06-20-12 04:33 PM
    Here's the converted bar file, haven't tested it yet but it was directly from the Dolphin website

Dolphin_Engine_Beta.bar
    06-20-12 05:03 PM
    here's the converted bar file, haven't tested it yet but it was directly from the dolphin website
    BE CAREFUL following his link. Agv antivirus alerted me to a blocked threat when i did.
    06-20-12 05:17 PM
    There should be no virus in that link.

On a side note, I just loaded it on my playbook and it said Dolphin labs does not support my device so I'm not sure what the original poster was using.
    06-20-12 05:40 PM
    just press abort, it still works!!
    for a android browser its working really well,
    06-20-12 05:46 PM
    just dl'ed the dolphin browser beta apk, converted to bar and am running it on my playbook. I have to say its pretty quick, especially over the bridge. can't wait to test it out over wifi and compare to the pb browser, but apparently it's kicking on html5...tests at 450 with 3 bonus points a better base score than even the acclaimed BB10 browser at 447 with 10 bonus points.

here's the link to the dolphin beta site:

Dolphin Browser Beta
    I don't know about the beta, but the Dolphin browser available in the Appworld is excellent. The first time I tried it...some months ago...I thought it only worked in portrait mode. But after having used it on Android, I discovered the portrait mode was just for the setup screen and using the actual browser works in landscape. I love it on my Androids and now have it on my beloved PB.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    06-20-12 05:54 PM
    There should be no virus in that link.

On a side note, I just loaded it on my playbook and it said Dolphin labs does not support my device so I'm not sure what the original poster was using.
    Just reporting what AVG reported to me. Anyhow, I installed the beta and have already uninstalled it and gone back to the app world app. The beta doesn't support gestures on the PB, seemingly, and I couldn't figure out a way to go "back" without gestures. And I did HTML5 tests on both versions, and the scores were the same.
    06-20-12 06:41 PM
    Does this mean that there will be an actual Native app version soon?
    06-20-12 07:50 PM
    Yes I converted this 2 days ago when it came out because it boast a html5test.com score of 457 or something...anyway I don't see a difference in speed between this and 8.1.
    06-20-12 08:30 PM
    Yes I converted this 2 days ago when it came out because it boast a html5test.com score of 457 or something...anyway I don't see a difference in speed between this and 8.1.
    Agree...I think I have to recant my "pretty awesome" statement. I don't see a difference when I'm on WiFi between the beta and the official one on appworld. and when going to html5 test, keep getting mixed results anywhere from 185 to 350, but not the mind blowing 450 score they are raving about. Maybe there are just bugs that need to be sorted?... The native browser (2.1 beta) still kicks and is stable (but doesn't support gestures)...Back to the official dolphin for me...unless anyone has any suggestions on a better browser.
    06-21-12 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD