If you haven't downloaded the app by now, it's too late. Both apps have been removed from App World.
    02-26-12 09:38 AM
    No loss. I'm. using it now and it is laggy but not terrible. The predictive keyboard doesn't work etc. etc. PB browser kills it. When simple browser is updated it will kill it.
    02-26-12 09:45 AM
    If you haven't downloaded the app by now, it's too late. Both apps have been removed from App World.
    Can still be sideloaded if people care that much. But from what I've read, there is really no reason to use it over stock browser or Simple Browser.
    02-26-12 09:56 AM
    I like dolphin browser because it has gesture function...but as an alternative for Sleipnir.

Just watch this instruction video. You guys will love it if you learn how it relieves you from browsing stress.

The iPhone version even has a ad block function.
    I really love to get this browser as a native PB app in the near future.
    Sleipnir looks promising,but is there a way to disable the Page loading always in overview mode,this annoys me very much,this way I can't see anything at start and I have to permanently zoom
    02-26-12 10:14 AM
    Is there any way to import bookmarks into any PlayBook browser?
    02-26-12 10:25 AM
    No loss. I'm. using it now and it is laggy but not terrible. The predictive keyboard doesn't work etc. etc. PB browser kills it. When simple browser is updated it will kill it.
    I think that speaks volume about Android Player. So much for seamless integration. Other than the performance, Dolphin browser does offer some features the built in browser doesn't.
    02-26-12 10:41 AM
    I think that speaks volume about Android Player. So much for seamless integration. Other than the performance, Dolphin browser does offer some features the built in browser doesn't.
    I deleted it and yes more features but I'm confident that simple browser + or secure browser are going to have a lot of that.

Not sure about the player performance on things that only poll the web or don't use the web.
    02-26-12 10:49 AM
    Is there any way to import bookmarks into any PlayBook browser?
    I don't think importing but either simple browser or secure browser had a way to add bookmarks in a folder using an exported file but never tried myself.

Not sure about secure browser but right now simple browser is giving me some tab issues but the devs for both frequent here and are great with support and updates.
    02-26-12 11:00 AM
    importing bookmarks will come for simple aswell as for secure in future release,the both work on it.
    Right now simplebrowser has the option to backup/restore created bookmarks.
    But i found out a simple html which displays all your sites as a local file worls much better for me.
    This way i can have 30 or more site directly accessable on one page,thats great but its a bit more work creating the site.
    I copied one from a user here who mentioned this method and edited the pages i needed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-12 11:08 AM
    importing bookmarks will come for simple aswell as for secure in future release,the both work on it.
    But i found out a simple html which displays all your sites as a local file worls much better for me.
    This way i can have 30 or more site directly accessable on one page,thats great but its a bit more work creating the site.
    I copied one from a user here who mentioned this method and edited the pages i needed.
    I forgot about seeing that html thing in a thread. Another way probably better than the links grouped in a folder on the home screen.
    02-26-12 11:20 AM
    I think most browsers export bookmarks to an HTML file. I know Chrome does. So I guess you could just export your bookmarks, stick that HTML file on your PB and open it. No work needed to make the page. On Chrome it splits it into sections according to the folders you have in your bookmarks with a heading above each section. It's simple, but then that's fitting with a browser called Simple Browser
    02-26-12 11:29 AM
    I think most browsers export bookmarks to an HTML file. I know Chrome does. So I guess you could just export your bookmarks, stick that HTML file on your PB and open it. No work needed to make the page. On Chrome it splits it into sections according to the folders you have in your bookmarks with a heading above each section. It's simple, but then that's fitting with a browser called Simple Browser
    yes thats very simple but i have all bookmarks on one site without needing to scroll because i have 3 columns on my page,with only like like chrome exports i still would have to scroll.
    But i think you you know how to code html it would be a piece of cake creating columns but i dont know such things,but thx for the tip,its a fast and easy way ,like it
    02-26-12 11:40 AM
    Ah yeah, that'd make it a bit less convenient I guess.
    02-26-12 12:02 PM
    I think this is that thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...around-622830/
    02-26-12 12:06 PM
    Does Hulu work under Dolphin?
    02-28-12 09:13 AM
    Fyi,

Secure Browser lets you import and export HTML files as bookmarks . I added it last week lol, should be pretty robust too!

And Simple Browser does let you import/export but its currently for bqckup purposes only but i know its on his radar!

Ed.
    03-08-12 08:26 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD