I currently have Splashtop and like it except for one thing. I log off my work computer (don't turn computer off) at the end of each day. When I log into Splashtop from home, I can see me work computer log in screen. However, after I log in my user name and password remotely on the work computer, Splashtop disconnects. Thus, the only way I'm able to log into my work computer from home is to keep the computer on (not log off) and I'd prefer not to do that.

Any idea if the Remote Desktop for Playbook would solve my issue, thus allowing me to log-in to my work computer from home without disconnecting? I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the Splashtop software on the work computer and the fact that it isn't "running" when the computer is logged off. I know the Remote Desktop is integrated into the OS.

Thanks for any feedback!
    01-29-12 09:48 AM
    I use both products (splashtop for a workstation at my office that is inside the firewall and remote desktop for servers). The remote desktop is a remote login. In other words when you connect, you are prompted to use your windows login for that workstation. Splashtop isn't integrated into the windows login process. As long as the computer is on, even sitting at a login screen, the remote desktop works. BTW, love both products for what they each bring to the table!
    01-29-12 11:16 AM
    Any idea if the Remote Desktop for Playbook would solve my issue, thus allowing me to log-in to my work computer from home without disconnecting?
    Yes, this is how all RDP clients work. It runs as a service, and whether you are logged on locally or not, you always need to log on when you connect remotely.
    01-29-12 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the responses! I'll give the Remote Desktop a go.
    01-29-12 03:49 PM
    Maybe you can set the 'session-time-out options' in Remote Desktop to 3 days.
    This way when you disconnect and connect later again within 3 days, the session will be available/restored from the session manager and no work gets lost =)

Note: Splashtop uses a client, This Remote Desktop Client uses the native RDP protocol, there's a big difference to this, because [AFAIK] Splashtop needs to be on the same subnet(network) to get connected.

Hope this helps
    01-30-12 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD