Any recommendations on a decent alternative to working with spreadsheets? The main reason why...I have a couple of them that I edit, but they have vertical text in the header row, which DTG doesn't support. At least if it does, I can't figure it out.
    01-24-13 02:50 PM
    Smart office 2 is a little expensive but it is the best app to edit office documents IMO, you can view your office documents like you would in your desktop, im very happy with the app.
    01-24-13 03:14 PM
    Depends how advanced you are. I saw a little while ago that Kingsoft Office was available if you sideload it, and that's pretty good on Android at least.
    01-24-13 03:24 PM
    Smart office 2 is a little expensive but it is the best app to edit office documents IMO, you can view your office documents like you would in your desktop, im very happy with the app.
    seconded. If you want, send me a minimal worksheet with the vertical formating that worries you, I'll test and tell you (or you can write the devs, generally they reply)
    01-24-13 03:29 PM
    Thanks all ... I'll PM you Herve5.
    01-24-13 03:32 PM
    How is SmartOffice's editing interface? I tried an older version on another platform a while back, viewing was fast and accurate but editing was a pain because of the weird interface where you can only add stuff to a document.
    01-25-13 05:14 AM
    Smart Office is bad. I do not like it at all. It does not access cloud files on the go through bridge bluetooth internet.
    If you want perhaps THE best and FREE office suite you might want to check out Kingsoft Office. It is android port and needs to be sideloaded but this app is so great and it works beautifully on Playbook. I have already emailed developer with request to bring it officially to Playbook.

http://www.kingsoftstore.com/ for more info

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Last edited by bitek; 01-25-13 at 06:23 AM.
    01-25-13 06:10 AM
    Smart Office does deal with vertical texts, just works (columns A and T herebelow)
    bitek, can you confirm yours does it too?
    Attached Thumbnails Docs To Go Alternative?-img_00000020.jpg   Docs To Go Alternative?-img_00000019.jpg  
    01-26-13 05:47 AM
    We did some testing via email...and I wanted to publicly thank Herve5 for his time. I really like how fellow Crackberrians help each other out!
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-28-13 07:45 PM