Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ssbtech
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Discover The Worst Apps & Games For The BBPB

Ok all,
    Now that the PB OS update looks to be in the works, or at least a good rumor of it exists because you and I raised such a stink, I've decided to turn my wrath on a much more insidious foe: bad and misleading apps. Not bad as in "this game sux, it's stupid!", but bad as in you got nothing for your money or it kludges the whole system up. Alright, maybe some of the really stupid ones like Blackjack's purported magic 8 ball like app that is free for the shake up but you have to pay for the answer
    List your Hall-O'-Flamers here and lets see if we can rid the app world of incompetence and flimflamery.
    List it like so, so the innocent are protected:
    App Name, Version #, Developer, $, Reason For Infamy Like this:

Password Wallet, 1.0.8, Infinite Appz, $3.99: Upon downloading, app opens screen where the user is supposed to enter a password. Unfortunately it responds to no known password and there is nowhere else to navigate to. A letter to the developer got a response, basically to say there was an upgrade on the way. It's been months but no upgrade. Perhaps it's designed to datamine any password you enter to try to get it to open?

LiteFTP, 1.1.2.1, Yobmedia, Free Trial / $1.99: I never used it so when I went to delete it, it wouldn't leave. It would appear to delete from the home page but My (App) World still had it listed and it would not delete from there. Because of this it will still generate messages concerning upgrades. My desperation to delete it had me buying the full version upgrade to see if that would work. No deal, I had to do a full security wipe to be rid of it. An unexpected bonus was that before the deletion I could not backup apps but without it installed backups work fine.

Your turn
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Beakman View Post
    Password Wallet, 1.0.8, Infinite Appz, $3.99: Upon downloading, app opens screen where the user is supposed to enter a password. Unfortunately it responds to no known password and there is nowhere else to navigate to. A letter to the developer got a response, basically to say there was an upgrade on the way. It's been months but no upgrade. Perhaps it's designed to datamine any password you enter to try to get it to open?
    Interesting. You'd think with the security aspect of the PlayBook platform RIM would be checking out apps much like Apple does.

My vote for the worst PB app is Adobe Reader
    F2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think that it could be a useful post. OP has to update his original post by adding the worst app/game suggested by the other poster, just to make it easier to read.

My nominee is - Perfect Wallpaper setter - by Priti Kumari.
    Reason: it is claimed to be Free, but after few days, it will stop to work and ask you to buy the commercial version.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Free Chess in App World is my hands down nominee. It has 4 plus stars presumably, which is ridiculous - must be from developer's mother. There is no way to actually rate it from App World. It opens and plays - poorly - and nags you to buy the paid version every 30 seconds.
    Thank goodness for the good free chess apps from Android, like Mobialia Chess (from Goodereader.com)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    PIN
    5011QNX6

swapBBM - does nothing when you open it on PB