am I getting this right? Is RIM really discounting all things in appworld?
    10-14-11 01:14 AM
    This should be a mistake, maybe due to a bad exchance rate. Are prices usually in United States dollars in your AppWorld? In Canada, prices are what they should be and shown in Canadian dollars so no discount!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    10-14-11 01:27 AM
    I paid usd 6.99 for simcity and nova a few days ago. So, it can't be due to exch. rate, except if RIM has created a new pricing policy.. I just hope that this is intentional and part of the Octoberfest program..
    10-14-11 02:54 AM
    maybe its part of the "compensation" for the server outage? or just a mistake
    10-14-11 11:17 AM
    i think they are full of it..i tried to purchase the Asphalt game and when the paypal tag appeared it said $ 6.99
    10-14-11 11:42 AM
    I've just bought the game of life, and I was charged usd 5.25, and the outage didn't even happen in my country..
    10-14-11 09:16 PM
    They're regular price for me in Canada
    10-14-11 10:21 PM
    It seems to be a general exchange rate issue and issue of the publisher. I regularrly travel to different countries. It seems that for example in western europe main markets (germany) they translate dollar price into euro 1:1. In other countries (eg. Turkey) the price of dollar is translated in to localc curreny, which makes it cheaper on a euro perspective (eg. gameloft fps shotters around 5.2 USD).
    However that only applies for gameloft not ea. AS the exchange rate floates for different countries, I believe they do not adjust it so often to reflect that....
    10-21-11 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD