Simple Browser was a nice program, but the lack of tabs was a bit of a hassle. I figured paying $2 for tabs was reasonable to compensate the devs. Sadly it often crashes on me when I have 2 tabs open, almost always with 3 tabs and I haven't made it to 4 tabs even once yet.

Known issue or should I start looking into App World's refund policy?
    11-07-12 01:55 AM
    I have been using it daily for months now (bought because of the adblocking feature). It never crashed here, in spite of the fact each time I restart it I have it reloading all the four tabs from the previous session.
    Now, I remember this simultaneous loading of 4 tabs may be long (I think it actually depends on the network throughput), and while waiting one has successively (a) the "please wait while loading" dialog, then the dialog disappears but (b) all 4 tabs still show progress bars and the spinning "wait icon" : at that time, trying to click on one of the tabs (before everything is loaded) is somehow seeking for trouble. I do wait. Maybe you crash in this configuration?
    Also, I remember, at the time of the last upgrade the developer described a way to somehow "clear the prefs" in case of trouble. I had none, but you should search for this "clear settings" submenu, and try it.
    Really, here it does work, with all 4 tabs all the time (and I regularly hit the "all tabs full so this new link will open here instead" dialog). In the SB+ "official thread" here you have plenty of people asking for 6 or 8 tabs in fact...
    11-07-12 03:07 AM
    That's still something of a pain if I have to wait. It's already annoying to have to multi-tap the tab to select it. It seems unnecessarily convoluted. Even with the single tap setting I need to tap at least twice to get the tab to launch.

That said, it also closes out on me when I'm in full screen view, rather than the tab pane.
    11-07-12 04:23 AM
    I like SBP but I have to agree that on more than one occasion it has closed on me without warning. Not sure if others have this problem?
    I really like the user agent giving the ability to view web sites in non-mobile view. Any ideas on the crashes? Settings I can change?
    11-07-12 07:23 AM
    I found the general reset setting I was talking about: click on prefs, swipe down until the next-to-last item at the bottom: "reset ALL to defaults". Quit and relaunch. I remember this was said to solve "heritage" issues for people updating SB+ from much older versions. You may try to partially reset before (surrounding commands) and also to backup e. g. your bookmarks...
    11-07-12 07:48 AM
    Actually Simple Browser + is a unique browser. No other browser that I can think of on either desktop or mobile offers the same. Simple browser let's to have different settings for each tab. Sure other browsers can open 10 tabs but settings are always the same. We are lucky to have cool developers like that. I find myself using it more and more. Tab 1 I set for java off Tab 2 all is on Tab 3 I set user agent to opera and Tab 4 for private browsing.
    12-12-12 07:03 AM
    I'm not suggesting it's SB+ fault, perhaps I should spend more time to learn the settings setup but I have set it to block the open new page requests, just as I have set in SB and yet it still opens new pages when trying to close the ads on streaming sites. SB does not do this so I returned to using SB and just typing in the websites. Really all I was hoping for was SB functionality and the abilty to save favorites.

Never could get this to work with SB+. I'm not understanding the ad blocking feature everyone has mentioned.
    12-13-12 03:17 PM
    I think you should just send email to the author with your concerns. He is a member of this forum.
    12-14-12 03:13 AM
    to be honest I think sb+ might one of th best mobile browsers. better than opera,chrome or dolphin. this thing is extra useful with 4 independent tabs. I have not come across another browser that offer the same. no need to go back and forth through settings. this is really great app.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-18-12 11:06 PM
    Simple Browser was a nice program, but the lack of tabs was a bit of a hassle. I figured paying $2 for tabs was reasonable to compensate the devs. Sadly it often crashes on me when I have 2 tabs open, almost always with 3 tabs and I haven't made it to 4 tabs even once yet.

Known issue or should I start looking into App World's refund policy?
    I would suggest reset all settings to default.it should fix your crashing problem. this app is well worth $2.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-18-12 11:09 PM
    The Developer is actually very active here on crackberry and has a thread dedicated to simple browser plus. He is pretty easy to get in touch with and always appreciates feedback. I think it would be best to reach out to him and let him know your issues with SB+. I bet he'd help you get to the bottom of your issues and do what he can to make sure your satisfied. He's a well respected Dev named HaTaX and always on point with advice
    Here's the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...thread-682421/
    bitek likes this.
    12-18-12 11:34 PM
    I've got both SB and +, and they have some nice features except I can't download anything with either. I have no problem downloading with the PB browser. As well, + takes up to 30 seconds for the first tab to load, also slow for the second. I see no support anywhere. Anybody have any suggestions?
    02-25-13 10:20 AM
    I've got both SB and +, and they have some nice features except I can't download anything with either. I have no problem downloading with the PB browser. As well, + takes up to 30 seconds for the first tab to load, also slow for the second. I see no support anywhere. Anybody have any suggestions?
    sb is good and I use it daily. I cannot download either but this is not big deal. what ticks me off a bit is that sb+ is prone to crashes. it would be great to see more updates.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    02-25-13 08:45 PM
    updates would be great. dev has been missing in action for a long time
    03-05-13 01:35 PM
    I am a total blackberry newbie and I actually bought it as I wanted to read my kindle books and surf the net (my kindle was stolen)... So I was following another thread here which said I should download SB+... which I did and paid for, but I have no idea where to find the icon to the browser! I have restarted the playbook, etc but I can see nothing... Any help will be much appreciated... Thanks Guys. Jeile
    03-09-13 07:13 PM
    you can't find the icon? its called simple browser +. if it was the last program you downloaded thwn it should be the last icon on your main app page
    03-09-13 11:44 PM
    Scroll down by swiping UP to see more icons lower down on the page.

You should be able to see it as installed if you open Appworld and MyWorld.
    03-10-13 12:25 AM
    Scroll down by swiping UP to see more icons lower down on the page.

You should be able to see it as installed if you open Appworld and MyWorld.
    thanks f2. the simplest description is usually the best one
    FF22 likes this.
    03-10-13 12:57 AM
    Thanks guys! found it....:-)
    FF22 likes this.
    03-10-13 05:22 AM
    thanks f2. the simplest description is usually the best one
    Actually, it is not that simple to describe SWIPING. If you start the swiping at the wrong place, the lower icons won't move. Also, I did think about complicating it and mentioning the panes/panels (I still don't know what the "screens" to the Right or Left are called) and obviously to see the Right panel, you have to swipe Left.

And why I've decided to elaborate has to do with handing my 9930 (touch pad and screen swipes) to a friend the other day to check Twitter for traffic info while I was driving. In that case you swipe the screen UP to move down but you use the trackpad to scroll down by swiping down! YIKES! None of this is intuitive! And now I'm babbling (must be the time change)
    03-10-13 12:14 PM