Try downloading it again. It might start out saying you are purchasing but generally appworld catches that and says you've purchased and you can download again.

Any problems with getting it:

[email protected]
    Thanks F2, that totally worked! It also fixed the blank search problem.

now, I just need to update to version 1.0.1 to get landscape mode. I used the link on the developer's Facebook page, but app world says "This item is not supported by your current device profile." I have the original 64 gig Playbook with system 2.1.0.1526. Any ideas?
    02-18-13 01:31 PM
    Got this app! Love it.
    XLabz likes this.
    02-18-13 04:38 PM
    +1! This is a great dictionary and the best I've found so far, but it's the only app I use in portrait mode....only because I have to. As has been mentioned before, for those of us with a PB keyboard, it makes it almost useless. You stated that if you get enough support, you would look into adding landscape mode, but for a lot of people it's a deal breaker and all the support that you could be getting, you won't get. Please just invest in adding landscape and they will come!
    I'm still waiting to be able to screen write in GroovyNotes. But landscape for D+ espeially for those using the BT Keyboard...well just makes sense. Also agree to state that at this time it only supports Portrait mode in the description for a better informed purchase decision.
    dmlis likes this.
    02-18-13 05:16 PM
    I love it and have already purchased, but it will be quite better if it supports landscape mode and pronoun function. Hope it will come in next update.
    dmlis likes this.
    02-18-13 06:34 PM
    Dictionary+ isn't the only app Xlabz made that only supports portrait mode, A Day in Life is another one. I'm not sure why they decided to make an app that functions only in portrait mode, but hopefully they will correct the mistake and update the apps.
    02-18-13 07:23 PM
    I purchased D+ from app world yesterday. It does not work on my playbook. It opens OK, but I cannot get it to complete a search. I'm using basic english words but the area where the retrieved definitions should be remains empty. So I deleted it using app world, thinking maybe a corrupted download, and now it doesn't show up in the uninstalled app list. Before I uninstalled it, I looked at the app permissions and it wasn't there. So what's going on?
    Hi!

Dictionary+ uses a dictionary which is packaged as a zipped file with the app. This file is extracted on the app's first launch. A "Please wait..." screen is displayed while this process is being completed. For some reason this file has been corrupted on your device. It is possible it never finished unzipping and you may have closed the application before that.

We have already fixed this bug and submitted an updated to the BlackBerry App World. We are still awaiting for the App World team to approve the update. Once you download the update, the problem should be resolved automatically.In the meantime - deleting the app and re-installing it should fix that issue for you even before the update.

In regards to the application not displaying in your uninstalled apps, we're not sure what could be the reason for this. Usually using the "Refresh" option helps resolve this issue, If not this may be a bug with the App World itself and you can take it up with the AppWorld support on this URL: https://www.blackberry.com/technical....do?ft=generic
    02-18-13 11:02 PM
    Dictionary+ isn't the only app Xlabz made that only supports portrait mode, A Day in Life is another one. I'm not sure why they decided to make an app that functions only in portrait mode, but hopefully they will correct the mistake and update the apps.
    Hi! We just wanted to let you know that we've already submitted an update for Dictionary+; this update will include the landscape mode functionality. We're still waiting for BlackBerry's approval. Will keep everyone posted as soon as the update goes live.
    perking, Spencerdl and dmlis like this.
    02-18-13 11:06 PM
    I'm still waiting to be able to screen write in GroovyNotes. But landscape for D+ espeially for those using the BT Keyboard...well just makes sense. Also agree to state that at this time it only supports Portrait mode in the description for a better informed purchase decision.
    Landscape mode coming up in next update! Stay tuned!
    dmlis likes this.
    02-18-13 11:06 PM
    Great news and thanks. Just one more question and that is, you make Sketch W Friends so is it not possible to have a form of this screen writing capability in GroovyNotes for free hand note taking?
    02-20-13 09:59 AM
    Yes, it will have the same app ID as the BB10app. However, you will need to repurchase the app (as well as all our other BB10 apps) if you want them for your BB10 phone. BB10 apps need to be developed from scratch when it comes to the UI and hence we can't support development without having customers pay for the BB10 version.
    Does this mean that when/if we get BB10 on Playbook, we will need to repurchase?
    02-21-13 08:54 AM
    Outstanding, been waiting for this update......THANKS
    02-21-13 09:05 AM
    Does this mean that when/if we get BB10 on Playbook, we will need to repurchase?
    Hi! No, you will not need to repurchase PlayBook apps when you upgrade to the BB10 OS on your PlayBook.
    02-25-13 12:24 AM
    Great news and thanks. Just one more question and that is, you make Sketch W Friends so is it not possible to have a form of this screen writing capability in GroovyNotes for free hand note taking?
    Hi! As of now, we son't have any plans of integrating the free hand note taking feature in Groovy Notes.
    02-25-13 12:25 AM
    Hi! As of now, we son't have any plans of integrating the free hand note taking feature in Groovy Notes.
    Too bad, a free hand note taking feature like the one in the android app FreeNote would make groovy notes the perfect note taking app.
    02-25-13 01:03 AM
    Dictionary+ is a really good app...the best dictionary app I've used on the Playbook.

So far I've purchased: GroovyNotes, A Day in Life, Currency Converter HD (actually I got this one for free), and Dictionary+. Keep up the good work, and I'll continue to be a regular customer.
    Similar with me. I love this app. So far I've purchased GroovyNotes, a Day in Life, Currency Converter HD (got this for free too hehe), Dictionary+ & Vault.
    XLabz likes this.
    02-28-13 02:08 AM
    I should betting something free too... from my PlayBook, I purchased "GroovyNotes", "Currency Converter HD" and "Vault"... while on my Z10, I purchased "GroovyNotes", "Dictionary+" and "Vault"... and I made "good" reviews on those apps...
    03-01-13 09:07 AM
    Hi All,

We just wanted to let you know that Dictionary+ has been updated to v1.1.

Dictionary+ : English Dictionary & Thesaurus for BlackBerry PlayBook-landscape.jpg

Here's what's new in v1.1:

• Now supports both portrait and landscape orientations.
    • Added option to ""Search on Wikipedia""
    • View preview of Wikipedia results
    • View Wikipedia pages for words and results without leaving the app
    • Fixed bug with dictionary database not initialized correctly on some devices.
    • Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

Dictionary+ : English Dictionary & Thesaurus for BlackBerry PlayBook-search_on_wikipedia.jpg

Dictionary+ : English Dictionary & Thesaurus for BlackBerry PlayBook-view_on_wikipedia.jpg

Dictionary+ : English Dictionary & Thesaurus for BlackBerry PlayBook-view_wikipedia.jpg

If you haven't yet updated to v1.1, grab this update now!! Feel free to email us at bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com in case of any queries or suggestions.
    Richard Kapp likes this.
    03-25-13 12:02 AM
    Outstanding, been waiting for this update......THANKS
    The latest version v1.1 supports Landscape mode. Hope you've downloaded the update
    03-25-13 12:07 AM
    Love this App
    Well worth the 1.99!
    XLabz likes this.
    04-30-13 08:34 PM
44 12