Dictionary+ : English Dictionary & Thesaurus for BlackBerry PlayBook
Introducing our latest app for the PlayBook - Dictionary+: An elegant English dictionary and thesaurus.
- More than 147000 words
- Works without an internet connection
- Use this thesaurus to look up synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms (les specific), hyponyms (more specific), meronyms (part of) & more!
- Example sentences to help you understand the contextual meaning of a particular word
- An intelligent word entry which suggests possible words and correct spellings as you type
- Use the ? wildcard for any character or * for a group of characters in the search
- Save your most used or interesting new words as bookmarks
- Keep track of the most recent words that you’ve looked up in the current session, with the recent history option
- Based on the Princeton University WordNet Project.
Dictionary+ is priced at $1.99 and can be downloaded here.
Please feel free to email us your queries and suggestions to bbsupport[at]xlabz.com.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-24-2013, 01:40 AM #2
- 525 Posts
from the exagerated huge fonts on the screen, am I right in considering this is a BB10-phone interface backport to the PB?
(don't take this as a criticism, on the contrary, IIRC all available dicts before you are just android things)
- 01-24-2013, 04:52 AM #4
I've tried at least 4 different dictionary apps that have all been horrible. Finding a good,reliable simple dictionary seems to be a task. I'll give this one a go and hopefully it'll be what I've been needing. Thanks!BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it.
- 01-24-2013, 06:16 AM #6
Well....this is absolutely the best dictionary app I've tried so far. It's a keeper. Results are fast and the app looks great. Not a very indepth definition, but I like simple. Thanks for the post and thanks for enriching my Playbook experience.BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it.
- 01-24-2013, 07:52 AM #7BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-24-2013, 09:24 AM #10
- 525 Posts
While this is an english-only dictionary for now, do you have plans to enlarge this, through using for instance the 'wiktionaries' associated to wikipedia?
There is an android port for offline wikipedias (and dicts) but its startup is painfully long (specially when using various languages) and, well, it's an android port, isn't it?
- 01-28-2013, 07:43 AM #18
- 01-28-2013, 07:59 AM #19
- CrackBerry User
02-18-2013, 03:34 AM #23
- 16 Posts
Re: Dictionary+ : English Dictionary & Thesaurus for BlackBerry PlayBook
I purchased D+ from app world yesterday. It does not work on my playbook. It opens OK, but I cannot get it to complete a search. I'm using basic english words but the area where the retrieved definitions should be remains empty. So I deleted it using app world, thinking maybe a corrupted download, and now it doesn't show up in the uninstalled app list. Before I uninstalled it, I looked at the app permissions and it wasn't there. So what's going on?
- 02-18-2013, 09:37 AM #24
Any problems with getting it:
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-18-2013, 11:51 AM #25
- 8 Posts
Dictionary+ is a really good app...the best dictionary app I've used on the Playbook.
So far I've purchased: GroovyNotes, A Day in Life, Currency Converter HD (actually I got this one for free), and Dictionary+. Keep up the good work, and I'll continue to be a regular customer.
- By espresso1967 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 87Last Post: 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM
- By Tjitte in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
- By mertreload in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM
- By mertreload in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
- By espresso1967 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 24Last Post: 03-22-2011, 01:39 PM