Ive even deleted and reinstalled and still doesnt create anything in the dgen folder nor will the misc/rom/smd folder do anything.....theres gotta be a simple solution for all of this since it seems to work for some and not others
    vector sigma likes this.
    02-03-12 11:44 AM
    im on playbook os1 still (installed version 1.0.0.4) and when i installed using DDBP. no folders at all were created. no dgen folder or anything. I created my own directory (misc/roms/smd) and put all my roms in there (.bin and .smd). The emulator works perfect with the exception of 2 bad roms (one stays black and the other turns the screen red) but i dont think i can blame the emulator for that as the other 25 roms i loaded work fine...

The only little issue im having is that there is no application icon on the playbook. just the word dgen below where the icon should be.

And if im being really picky, the d-pad area could be a little bigger (similar to the snes port).

Other than my OCD, everything works flawlessly!!!! thanks froggy for another great feature on my playbook.

edit: after posting i noticed that somehow the dgen folder is there now, but it wasnt there when i created the roms folder... is it possible that it doesnt create the folder until the first time you launch the application?
    Last edited by jfiore838; 02-03-12 at 12:12 PM.
    02-03-12 12:04 PM
    Got it to work.....as I said, its gotta be something easy. When creating the directory I used misc/rom/smd and I changed it to misc/roms/smd. I forgot the damn S. Anyways, works fine and dandy now except for a few games. Hopefully this will evolve into a smoother interface. Diggin it though.
    02-03-12 01:58 PM
    im on playbook os1 still (installed version 1.0.0.4) and when i installed using DDBP. no folders at all were created. no dgen folder or anything. I created my own directory (misc/roms/smd) and put all my roms in there (.bin and .smd). The emulator works perfect with the exception of 2 bad roms (one stays black and the other turns the screen red) but i dont think i can blame the emulator for that as the other 25 roms i loaded work fine...

The only little issue im having is that there is no application icon on the playbook. just the word dgen below where the icon should be.

And if im being really picky, the d-pad area could be a little bigger (similar to the snes port).

Other than my OCD, everything works flawlessly!!!! thanks froggy for another great feature on my playbook.

edit: after posting i noticed that somehow the dgen folder is there now, but it wasnt there when i created the roms folder... is it possible that it doesnt create the folder until the first time you launch the application?
    No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling seems to fix the desktop icon problem... Are we the only ones? Does everyone else have the Icon?

Jeep_YJ
    02-03-12 02:19 PM
    No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling seems to fix the desktop icon problem... Are we the only ones? Does everyone else have the Icon?

Jeep_YJ
    I forgot to put the icon in the .bar file ... that should be the only issue though :-)

THe directory creation should be ok, the problem is the playbook uses Samba to expose the directories on windows so it's a dynamic mapping, if you don't see the directory after exiting the app I would disconnect and reconnect the file sharing mode it's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't work.
    Jeep_YJ likes this.
    02-03-12 02:56 PM
    Hi Froggyface,

Thanks for your reply... No problem! Great game platform port from the get go!

Take care,

Jeep_YJ

For Froggyface... If he wishes.

Added Icon: 64x64 24bit colour... Download "zip" file. Uploading "bmp" file squares off corners.
    Last edited by Jeep_YJ; 02-03-12 at 07:41 PM.
    02-03-12 03:31 PM
    I forgot to put the icon in the .bar file ... that should be the only issue though :-)

THe directory creation should be ok, the problem is the playbook uses Samba to expose the directories on windows so it's a dynamic mapping, if you don't see the directory after exiting the app I would disconnect and reconnect the file sharing mode it's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't work.
    The app doesn't seem to work with me..any ideas?

The roms folder is spelled correctly.. I've used roms which people claim to have worked.

Im out of ideas..and it sucks because the Genesis was my favorite console out of all the other emulators you've created
    02-03-12 05:48 PM
    Hi Gtirsmiley,

In order to help you... I could use a little more info. Did you use the correct version for your OS... Do you at least see "dgen" as typed in "ALL" apps and what does it do?

Take care,

Jeep_YJ
    02-03-12 07:27 PM
    The app doesn't seem to work with me..any ideas?

The roms folder is spelled correctly.. I've used roms which people claim to have worked.

Im out of ideas..and it sucks because the Genesis was my favorite console out of all the other emulators you've created
    the latest app doesn't exit if there are no roms, you'll see the graphics of dpad etc and a message at the bottom of the screen ...
    02-03-12 07:41 PM
    Hi Gtirsmiley,

In order to help you... I could use a little more info. Did you use the correct version for your OS... Do you at least see "dgen" as typed in "ALL" apps and what does it do?

Take care,

Jeep_YJ
    the latest app doesn't exit if there are no roms, you'll see the graphics of dpad etc and a message at the bottom of the screen ...

Yes , I'm on 2.0.0.6149 and im using the Dgen 1.0.0.2

I do see the blue dgen logo in my apps..

however as I tap on it, it closes before it can even expand on my screen, neither the misc\dgen or the misc\roms\smd folder get created

i tried creating the misc\roms\smd folder and including a few .smd and .bin files but the result is the same

i then tried creating an empty misc\dgen folder, but still no go.

i tried restarting the PB and that also didnt help..uninstalling and reinstalling countless times hasn't helped..

EDIT: After posting this, I found a link to the old 1.0.0.1 dgen file, without deleting the older version, I installed it onto my PB, and upon its first start, it works flawlessly.. however I suppose this means I am on the older version, maybe I will try uninstalling and installing 1.0.0.4

EDIT: Yup..for whatever reason, 1.0.0.4 is working on my OS2.0
    Last edited by gtirsmiley; 02-04-12 at 04:51 AM.
    ronconet likes this.
    02-04-12 04:36 AM
    I'm playing Contra 4 right now, but the game is TOTALLY messed up..... the level isn't rendering correctly.
    Hopefully this can get fixed some day soon. Awesome work though.
    Last edited by DeepBlade; 02-04-12 at 11:27 AM.
    02-04-12 11:24 AM
    How do you get the top 3 buttons to work for the 6 button control?

I"m playing eternal champions and the game says i'm using a 6 button controller but only abc appear as buttons and the other 3 are smaller faded buttons that don't work
    02-04-12 11:39 AM
    I'm playing Contra 4 right now, but the game is TOTALLY messed up..... the level isn't rendering correctly.
    Hopefully this can get fixed some day soon. Awesome work though.
    I've also noticed this with Desert Strike.

Really happy with this and the SNES emu, my Playbook finally feels complete!!!

One minor thing though. It would be great to be able to set the D-Pad to be larger, I find myself missing the buttons sometimes.
    02-04-12 04:17 PM
    All of my roms are playing perfectly. Sonic works amazingly well; no lags and the controls are really responsive.
    I have not been able to find a game where the smaller buttons work (we need them for streetfighter).
    I would also love to have a bigger dpad, and of course the ability to save the game.
    Thanks for putting this together, it is really well done.
    02-05-12 09:56 AM
    for some reason i can not figure this out the snes one loaded easily i dont see dgen.bar
    02-05-12 03:35 PM
    Something is wrong..I've managed to install the other Emus just fine..

This one fails to open..just closes as soon as i open it..i've tried making the smd folder in misc\roms, and trying .bins and .smds and .zips but none work..

also tried deleting and reinstalling the dgen program, but no luck
    same here; i have two smd files where they belong. i have the icon on the playbook and as soon as it tries to open it closes. tried rebooting the playbook and nothing...any other ideas?
    02-06-12 05:35 AM
    same here; i have two smd files where they belong. i have the icon on the playbook and as soon as it tries to open it closes. tried rebooting the playbook and nothing...any other ideas?
    Even if you don't have ROMS it should stay up with a black screen and buttons showing and a text string at the bottom indicating no roms found. Something else is going on, if you installed the OS2 bar file, someone mentioned here they switched over to the OS1 .bar file and got it working so delete the app, delete the dirs, reboot and re-install the OS1 bar file.... accept file access dialog when you install , if you don't and then install it will always fail with a white screen ...
    omega supreme likes this.
    02-06-12 12:53 PM
    That just worked for me too, I have been trying and trying and couldnt figure it out and then I installed the OS1 version and it worked!
    02-06-12 01:11 PM
    Even if you don't have ROMS it should stay up with a black screen and buttons showing and a text string at the bottom indicating no roms found. Something else is going on, if you installed the OS2 bar file, someone mentioned here they switched over to the OS1 .bar file and got it working so delete the app, delete the dirs, reboot and re-install the OS1 bar file.... accept file access dialog when you install , if you don't and then install it will always fail with a white screen ...
    it turns out I had the vbam emulator that was posted on the 1st page thinking it was an update... I did download the dgen 0.4 .bar and still couldn't get it to work as it would load but it would say roms not found so i looked at the "how-to..." video and that helped so i want to clarify how to get it working for those that are still having problems and don't want to view the video....

once you install the .bar file and start up the dgen emulator on the playbook it will create the dgen folder in your directory on the pc. chances are it will be empty, some have said to simply "create the folders needed" but the confusion lies thinking you should create it within the dgen folder, NOT SO...(i made that mistake)... ignore the dgen folder and create a roms folder on the same directory and within that create the smd folder. Click on that and THERE drop your smd roms...now go back and startup the emulator on the playbook and it should be working...it did for me.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 02-06-12 at 04:02 PM.
    02-06-12 03:58 PM
    ok, so after going through several rom files on several sites, the roms i download appear as vlc media when i open them which i gather does not work as smd files are needed...i managed to find just 2 games that had smd files. sonic and shadow dancer. i tried getting shinobi 3 but as i said it is always vlc media from several sources. and then i tried other games and they were also vlc media...is this like the snes emulator where you have to simply change the extension to get it to work??
    02-06-12 04:08 PM
    ok, so after going through several rom files on several sites, the roms i download appear as vlc media when i open them which i gather does not work as smd files are needed...i managed to find just 2 games that had smd files. sonic and shadow dancer. i tried getting shinobi 3 but as i said it is always vlc media from several sources. and then i tried other games and they were also vlc media...is this like the snes emulator where you have to simply change the extension to get it to work??
    Those vlc files are bin files and they should work. Just drop them in the smd folder.
    omega supreme likes this.
    02-06-12 05:46 PM
    Those vlc files are bin files and they should work. Just drop them in the smd folder.
    sweet! thanks; i didn't see anyone mention the types of files that work. because there was an smd folder i just assumed that those were the only ones...i'm back in business.
    02-06-12 08:02 PM
    ok so i just tried playing this through my tv and i don't get sound through the tv. is that not something that was implemented or is it simply a glitch?
    02-06-12 08:27 PM
    For some strange reason my games don't save. On OS2.7111.
    02-08-12 06:43 AM
    For some strange reason my games don't save. On OS2.7111.
    as far as i can tell there is no save feature other than the ingame saves. and i'm using os 1.8
    02-08-12 02:06 PM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD