With all the Playbook that were sitting under Christmas trees now opened and the ongoing post-Xmas PB sales, I was just wondering if this has translated into more app sales for you guys.

I hope so.
    12-28-11 08:48 PM
    Yes, my sales have more than doubled since Christmas. I hope we can sustain this rate.

Thanks,

Darwin Pinder
    SouthernTouch Technologies - Home
    12-28-11 11:33 PM
    Day-to-day sales figures are like a rollercoaster ride, it's difficult to make any sense of them. Double one day, halve again the next. But it's looking good so far ;-)
    JPMorgan_ likes this.
    12-29-11 01:25 AM
    My numbers were definitely up but its tough to know where they are right now because the reporting system has been down. I hope I'm going to have a nice surprise when it returns in mid-January (my own rough estimate) but in the meantime I hate being in the dark. No... that didn't come out right. I do like being in the dark especially when it's also clear - has anyone else noticed the lovely dance performed by the crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter just after sunset these days?
    12-29-11 06:21 AM
    My numbers were definitely up but its tough to know where they are right now because the reporting system has been down. I hope I'm going to have a nice surprise when it returns in mid-January (my own rough estimate) but in the meantime I hate being in the dark. No... that didn't come out right. I do like being in the dark especially when it's also clear - has anyone else noticed the lovely dance performed by the crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter just after sunset these days?
    No I haven't noticed that. Been awhile since I cracked open your app. Does it give a heads up to events like that?
    Toasterg likes this.
    12-29-11 06:43 AM
    No I haven't noticed that. Been awhile since I cracked open your app. Does it give a heads up to events like that?
    Hey, you need to crack open that app. Your're missing stuff!

There aren't alerts yet, but if you open the Search dialog after the app initializes, you can check the "What's up now" list to see which bright objects are above the horizon at the current moment. I hope I'm not killing any sales, but you really don't need the app much to enjoy the show. For the last few weeks (and for some weeks to come) Jupiter and Venus will be highly visible and look real nice in the still-blue sky just after sunset. The moon joins them every so often - not far from Venus last night and real pretty. I'm a bit nuts I guess, but I do enjoy watching the slow dance of the planets.
    andrewmcwhirter and kbz1960 like this.
    12-29-11 07:13 AM

There aren't alerts yet, but if you open the Search dialog after the app initializes, you can check the "What's up now" list to see which bright objects are above the horizon at the current moment. I hope I'm not killing any sales, but you really don't need the app much to enjoy the show. For the last few weeks (and for some weeks to come) Jupiter and Venus will be highly visible and look real nice in the still-blue sky just after sunset. The moon joins them every so often - not far from Venus last night and real pretty. I'm a bit nuts I guess, but I do enjoy watching the slow dance of the planets.
    Thanks and yes I do need to do that more often! I didn't know about the what's up now.
    12-29-11 07:19 AM
    I have no idea, because the ISV portal is broken (as usual)

My numbers definitely had a large spike after last Christmas though.
    12-29-11 09:04 PM

well I disagree because withoutyour app i would have no idea what i was looking at.
    Honestly I would crack it open far more often if not for the coastal haze and city lights of Southern Calif...Ahh the downside of paradise...
    12-29-11 10:32 PM
    well I disagree because withoutyour app i would have no idea what i was looking at.
    Honestly I would crack it open far more often if not for the coastal haze and city lights of Southern Calif...Ahh the downside of paradise...
    Oh stop being disagreeable, BJ. At least it doesn't rain in Southern California (or so I've heard). That poor guy from Washington State says it always rains in his particular paradise. He only bought the app so he can pretend that he can see the stars. (I think he was exaggerating.)

Anyway back to the OP's question. The reporting system is showing signs of life every so often and I have been able to check my results. The spike that began on the 25th continues and I am looking forward to unwrapping my Christmas present on payday next month. I hope everyone has clear skies and lots of opportunities to crack that app open.
    12-29-11 11:49 PM
    Anyway back to the OP's question. The reporting system is showing signs of life every so often and I have been able to check my results. The spike that began on the 25th continues and I am looking forward to unwrapping my Christmas present on payday next month. I hope everyone has clear skies and lots of opportunities to crack that app open.
    Add me to the list. Great app.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    12-31-11 08:59 AM
    Oh stop being disagreeable, BJ. At least it doesn't rain in Southern California (or so I've heard). That poor guy from Washington State says it always rains in his particular paradise. He only bought the app so he can pretend that he can see the stars. (I think he was exaggerating.)

Hey, careful how you refer to the pacific northWET or northWET Washington.

Some of us escape occasionally. Moab was quite dry. While camping in the Sierra at 9,000 feet shows lots of stars, the pb stayed warm in the pacific northWET. Away from prying eyes and crow bars!
    12-31-11 09:33 AM
    Hey, careful how you refer to the pacific northWET or northWET Washington.

Some of us escape occasionally. Moab was quite dry. While camping in the Sierra at 9,000 feet shows lots of stars, the pb stayed warm in the pacific northWET. Away from prying eyes and crow bars!
    LOL. I knew that guy was lying (or at least stretching the truth a little). I was born and raised near Victoria on Vancouver Island. It never rained in southWET B.C.the whole time I was there. We did get a fair amount of liquid sunshine though.
    spike12 likes this.
    12-31-11 12:12 PM
    So the Vendor Portal download reporting is back alive (finally), so we can finally take a look at our Christmas sales.
    Things look pretty good for me, sales on e-Mmanuel+ hit all-time records on Christmas and Boxing day, slowed down just a bit (but still did very nicely) for the next few days, and then for some unknown reason hit new peaks the last 3 days.

So if my one app is any indication, looks like a good number of PB's were unwrapped this Christmas!
    01-02-12 02:10 PM
    So the Vendor Portal download reporting is back alive (finally), so we can finally take a look at our Christmas sales.
    Things look pretty good for me, sales on e-Mmanuel+ hit all-time records on Christmas and Boxing day, slowed down just a bit (but still did very nicely) for the next few days, and then for some unknown reason hit new peaks the last 3 days.

So if my one app is any indication, looks like a good number of PB's were unwrapped this Christmas!
    The vendor portal reports page has been working on and off for me. I like to look at the 100 top Apps Page (Top 100 Paid and Free BlackBerry Applications) when I can't get a report from the portal. I notice that your Bible app has been around position 80 for several days in succession. I'd like to congratulate you on your fine showing. My app is sometimes on the page too lately: position 94 as we speak. These rankings are for all BB apps across all devices - so we're not doing bad for PB-only apps. I don't know about you, but I like making sales!

And now for the obligatory weather report: It partially cloudy on this cold winter's eve in Toronto. If you can find the moon, you can't miss Jupiter right beside it. Get out and enjoy!
    hauger likes this.
    01-02-12 08:58 PM
    The vendor portal reports page has been working on and off for me. I like to look at the 100 top Apps Page (Top 100 Paid and Free BlackBerry Applications) when I can't get a report from the portal.
    Thanks! I didn't know about this list... I'm actually quite surprised to have made the list, as you said, including all BB apps, that's not too shabby!

P.S. I'm in Toronto too! Darn cold today...
    01-03-12 07:08 AM
    The vendor portal reports page has been working on and off for me. I like to look at the 100 top Apps Page (Top 100 Paid and Free BlackBerry Applications) when I can't get a report from the portal. I notice that your Bible app has been around position 80 for several days in succession. I'd like to congratulate you on your fine showing. My app is sometimes on the page too lately: position 94 as we speak. These rankings are for all BB apps across all devices - so we're not doing bad for PB-only apps. I don't know about you, but I like making sales!

And now for the obligatory weather report: It partially cloudy on this cold winter's eve in Toronto. If you can find the moon, you can't miss Jupiter right beside it. Get out and enjoy!
    Very much enjoyed looking at this last night. Had a very clear sky in my area.
    01-03-12 07:16 AM
    Since Christmas Eve, my sales have tripled over the previous 7-month average. I've got to say, that's a step in the right direction.

Buy SouthernTouch Spades - Download SouthernTouch Spades - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

It's just a little over a week of data, but it's encouraging.

Thanks,

Darwin Pinder
    SouthernTouch Technologies - Home
    01-03-12 08:55 AM
    With all the Playbook that were sitting under Christmas trees now opened and the ongoing post-Xmas PB sales, I was just wondering if this has translated into more app sales for you guys.

I hope so.
    Yes In fact, a significant spike was noticed in around Christmas for me. I'd say about 80% of what the application did at release. Quite exciting.

But they have had pretty steady sales, so I've never been particularily worried about them But I am happy with it.

Also, I've already sunk that money back into work on Service Packs. So really, that money is going back into the apps to help out everyone. Good deal all around.
    01-03-12 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD