So now that we can install android apps, how do can an app be uninstalled?
    10-23-11 10:01 AM
    So now that we can install android apps, how do can an app be uninstalled?
    just tap longer till the icon are dancing then click delete
    10-23-11 11:04 AM
    Simply hold your finger down on the any of the icons until they start pulsating. Once that happens there will be a little garbage can above the deletable items. Simply tap on the can and voila. It's been deleted. Then tap anywhere on the screen where there is no icons and this will go out of editing mode.
    10-23-11 11:06 AM
    Interestingly the Android launchers still retain some of the apps settings even after removal. I have some apps in the launcher list i deleted
    10-23-11 11:50 AM
    Interestingly the Android launchers still retain some of the apps settings even after removal. I have some apps in the launcher list i deleted
    download the setting bar file Attachment 95858
    open the app and go to applications - manage application then select you app and uninstall it.
    10-23-11 12:08 PM
    open the app and go to applications - manage application then select you app and uninstall it.
    I cant see the app anywhere on my playbook?

EDIT: I forgot to turn Developer mode on before installing the app! So stupid!
    Last edited by pixieloulou; 12-02-11 at 01:19 PM.
    12-02-11 12:21 PM
    I used settings.bar to delete the Kindle app and then deleted the icon from the Playbook homescreen. But I suspect that some settings still persist. I keep getting an 'Error Loading Content' message every time I try to register at Amazon.

Is there any other way to review or manually delete files associated with Android apps?
    12-03-11 05:36 AM
    it looks like when deleting a bar app, the icon will be deleted but the actual directories and files are still there. I can see them but still don't know how to permanently delete them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this. Astro file manager couldn't do the job.
    12-10-11 02:05 AM
    it looks like when deleting a bar app, the icon will be deleted but the actual directories and files are still there. I can see them but still don't know how to permanently delete them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this. Astro file manager couldn't do the job.
    I agree with this. I had Facebook, Google+ and Google Maps all installed via a signed BAR file and all were working. Now I have rooted and installed Android Market. I deleted the above three apps and then installed uodated .apk files from the market and now these three apps give me force closes. I was thinking that there must be files conflicting.

Does anyone think that with having root access, we can manually delete the .bar install files left on the Playbook?
    12-10-11 10:41 AM
    Ok, I figured it out! Yes, when you install apps, there are some settings in place. As I said in my previous post, my Facebook, and Google + were not working once I rooted and gained access to the market. I knew that since others had these apps working there was just a file interfering with my Playbook. Since I had installed working .bar files before Rooting, these files were left and were interfering.

I had looked everywhere to delete the Facebook and Google +, and deleted from the where all my playbook apps are located (as far as I could tell)

/root/apps

However, even after I deleted from here, I still got a force close from Facebook and an Error from Google + that it couldn't connect.

So I finally found another couple files which I deleted in:

/root/data/data

Once I deleted the files from here, I reinstalled Facebook v1.8 and Google + from the Market and both work flawlessly.

I hope this helps someone else as it sure caused me a lot of frustration!
    12-10-11 11:26 PM
    Im also having the same issue as dablessing. Problem is my pb is not rooted. Any idea how to remove the remaining files that is causing my apps to stop force closing despite reinstalls? thanks
    12-12-11 11:20 AM
    Im also having the same issue as dablessing. Problem is my pb is not rooted. Any idea how to remove the remaining files that is causing my apps to stop force closing despite reinstalls? thanks
    I don't know how to fix that without the root. It may not be possible. If you have enough knowledge to convert and sign apk to bar, then I'd try rooting. I was able to get it all done rather easily after all is said and done. There are great how to's now to help you as well.
    12-12-11 01:05 PM
    Ok, I figured it out! Yes, when you install apps, there are some settings in place. As I said in my previous post, my Facebook, and Google + were not working once I rooted and gained access to the market. I knew that since others had these apps working there was just a file interfering with my Playbook. Since I had installed working .bar files before Rooting, these files were left and were interfering.

I had looked everywhere to delete the Facebook and Google +, and deleted from the where all my playbook apps are located (as far as I could tell)

/root/apps

However, even after I deleted from here, I still got a force close from Facebook and an Error from Google + that it couldn't connect.

So I finally found another couple files which I deleted in:

/root/data/data

Once I deleted the files from here, I reinstalled Facebook v1.8 and Google + from the Market and both work flawlessly.

I hope this helps someone else as it sure caused me a lot of frustration!
    Ah! You saved me on this one! Got my CNN app working again! Thank you!
    12-14-11 01:26 AM
    I deleted gmail from the /app/data/data and from /root/apps and reinstalled the app from the market but no luck I'm still receiving the force close message, any help.
    12-21-11 08:17 PM
    i have Android Mail and Enhanced Mail....I deleted "Mail" and it has no menu icon, but I still get mail notifications from it. I only want Enhanced Mail. Can't find it in any directory to delete other files.
    01-04-12 05:43 PM
    hey guys try using ddpb to uninstall the apps, I am assuming that you have installed your apps via ddpb, that solved the problem for me.
    01-09-12 05:46 PM
    Anyone been able to get the Settings.bar to install? As I get a -104 error when I try to install in via DDPB...
    02-28-12 09:51 PM
    uninstaller for android worked on a rooted pb. i'll try to convert one later tonight to see if any deleted android apps still show up
    02-29-12 02:47 PM
    Anyone been able to get the Settings.bar to install? As I get a -104 error when I try to install in via DDPB...
    i seem to get the same error message, but then it actually seems to work as an app
    02-29-12 03:56 PM
    i seem to get the same error message, but then it actually seems to work as an app
    Yes, after looking at my PB I see that the setting bar did actually install. Which is great as I found a process running from an app that I supposedly deleted by holding the icon. As I was under the impression deleting via the icon would remove the app, but in reality it didn't and the icon was gone but the app via the android runtime was still running.

So what has worked for me was to delete via the settings option and then delete the icon via the hold option. That's seems to have resolved any trace runtime issues I was experiencing before.
    Last edited by GGKoul; 02-29-12 at 04:52 PM.
    02-29-12 04:16 PM
    I had the same issues as many of the posts above - particularly with some email apps that I tried to sideload and use. I was getting "ghost" notifications from previously installed apps that I thought I had deleted.

1. For the future (and now also) I only install bar files using DDPB 1.08
    2. In order to fully uninstall an app start DDPB (I use it over WiFi) - make sure that your PB is in Development Mode
    3. Add the .bar for the app that you want to remove file into the box as if you were going to install the app
    4. Hit the uninstall button in DDPB

Viola! The app and all traces of it are gone - no more "ghost notifications". You must make sure that the bar file used above is the identical one that you installed from in the firat place
    manytone likes this.
    02-29-12 04:19 PM
    I had the same issues as many of the posts above - particularly with some email apps that I tried to sideload and use. I was getting "ghost" notifications from previously installed apps that I thought I had deleted.

2. In order to fully uninstall an app start DDPB (I use it over WiFi) - make sure that your PB is in Development Mode
    3. Add the .bar for the app that you want to remove file into the box as if you were going to install the app

Viola! The app and all traces of it are gone - no more "ghost notifications". You must make sure that the bar file used above is the identical one that you installed from in the firat place
    Thanks for that tip on how it works! Much Appreciated!
    02-29-12 07:43 PM

Viola! The app and all traces of it are gone - no more "ghost notifications". You must make sure that the bar file used above is the identical one that you installed from in the first place
    Yes this works just great.

I am still getting "ghost" notifications. I installed keepassdroid-1.9.9. In order to navigate to my file, it wanted to install a small file manager update. I downloaded the .apk file, twice by accident. Now it still tells me the files downloaded 2 days ago. Anyone know how to stop this?

I did uninstall the app using this method.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 03-21-12 at 10:02 PM.
    03-21-12 10:00 PM
    Unfortunately, DDPB sometimes does not uninstall cleanly despite the above assertions. It removes the icon, but not the application, which continues to function. I use the DDPB uninstall function but augment it with the android settings program to get a better clean, but neither route is 100%.
    03-31-12 10:47 PM
    Tks

Worked eheh
    08-03-12 12:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD