Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66
Like Tree15Likes
  1. purpledog10's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #51  

    Default

    That's what I thought but pinching doesn't work. My location doesn't change, either. I think it needs to connect to wifi to pick up the new location.
  2. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #52  

    Default

    Hi All,

    We just wanted to clarify the price of A Day in Life. The new price of the app is $3.99. Those of you who had already bought the app before the price change, will not need to pay anything extra to get the latest update- v2. It is a free update.
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
  3. jiatern's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    289 Posts
    #53  

    Default

    I think one problem will surface if a user wiped his/her playbook one day. When he wants to reinstall it, will he be prompted to pay $3.99 again even though he bought last time at $1.99?
  4. xSt0rmTroop3Rx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    244 Posts
    PIN
    Why so serious?
    #54  

    Default Re: A Day in Life Journal for PlayBook: Memories & Beyond!

    Looks gorgeous. :thumbup: Next paycheck = bought.
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    XLabz likes this.
  5. ameetmedi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #55  

    Default Re: A Day in Life Journal for PlayBook: Memories & Beyond!

    Quote Originally Posted by XLabz View Post
    Hi All,

    We just wanted to clarify the price of A Day in Life. The new price of the app is $3.99. Those of you who had already bought the app before the price change, will not need to pay anything extra to get the latest update- v2. It is a free update.
    do we expect another price increase for the next update. I was on the fence at $1.99. was waiting for some features and bugs to be ironed out. now its $3.99..
  6. pacman84's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #56  

    Default

    Hi!
    I am contemplating whether to get this app or not. What I have in mind is not only to use it as a journal, but also as some kind of travel scrap book. Here is what I want to do:
    I did this enormous USA road trip this summer (2 months) and I am looking for a way to get "pages" for every day together. I took *hitloads of photos every day and also notes so I could write up a huge story of my travels, all with photos. I was thinking about writing a blog entry about every single day. But maybe this app would allow me to do something more elegant?
    What I'd need is to fill in location data manually. Would that be possible with this app?
    Do you think that this app could do what I have planned?
    -pac
  7. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #57  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacman84 View Post
    Hi!
    I am contemplating whether to get this app or not. What I have in mind is not only to use it as a journal, but also as some kind of travel scrap book. Here is what I want to do:
    I did this enormous USA road trip this summer (2 months) and I am looking for a way to get "pages" for every day together. I took *hitloads of photos every day and also notes so I could write up a huge story of my travels, all with photos. I was thinking about writing a blog entry about every single day. But maybe this app would allow me to do something more elegant?
    What I'd need is to fill in location data manually. Would that be possible with this app?
    Do you think that this app could do what I have planned?
    -pac
    Hi!

    As of now, A Day in Life only supports one photo per journal entry. You can have several entries on the same date though and you can manually edit the time of each entry. You can't manually fill in the location right now, but we plan to have this feature in of our next updates. Will keep you posted.
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
  8. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj99mhz View Post
    do we expect another price increase for the next update. I was on the fence at $1.99. was waiting for some features and bugs to be ironed out. now its $3.99..
    Hi! No, we don't have any plans to increase the price any further.
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
  9. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #59  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiatern View Post
    I think one problem will surface if a user wiped his/her playbook one day. When he wants to reinstall it, will he be prompted to pay $3.99 again even though he bought last time at $1.99?
    Hi! As far as we know, once you've bought an app you won't be prompted to pay again when you try to reinstall it. But just to be sure, it'll be better if you contact the BB support team. Here's the link: https://www.blackberry.com/technical....do?ft=generic
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
  10. Me11yC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #60  

    Default Re: A Day in Life Journal for PlayBook: Memories & Beyond!

    I bought the app a few days ago and really like it.

    I'm having a problem with backing up though and was wondering if it's me or others too.

    I selected backup via Box and entered my account information. then a progress bar appeared and shortly after I get a message saying backup failed.
  11. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  

    Default A Day in Life updated to v3!

    Hi All,

    A Day in Life is here in a shiny new avatar! v3.0 includes few of the most requested features!

    -img_00000342.jpg

    -img_00000343.jpg

    Features in v3.0:

    • Now supports both portrait and landscape orientations
    • Edit Location - use current location, search by name or locate on interactive map
    • Use Map, Satellite, Terrain or Hybrid views in location
    • Edit weather (icon and temperature)
    • Tap a picture to view it in full screen image viewer
    • Bug fixes and performance improvements


    -img_00000344.jpg

    -img_00000345.jpg

    Read more about A Day in Life and download it from the BlackBerry World here.

    We hope you'll all enjoy using these new features. Please do email us at bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com in case of any queries or suggestions.
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
    Thanked by:
    Richard Kapp (04-04-2013) 
    Richard Kapp likes this.
  12. blueberrymerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    658 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #62  

    Default

    How does this compare with GroovyNotes? Both support diary style entries with photo attachments, but GroovyNotes is a bit slow. Is this app coded in Adobe Air or some other native code?
  13. amp323's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    241 Posts
    #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueberrymerry View Post
    How does this compare with GroovyNotes? Both support diary style entries with photo attachments, but GroovyNotes is a bit slow. Is this app coded in Adobe Air or some other native code?
    I'd also love to know how they would compare to each other...


    Posted via CB10
  14. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueberrymerry View Post
    How does this compare with GroovyNotes? Both support diary style entries with photo attachments, but GroovyNotes is a bit slow. Is this app coded in Adobe Air or some other native code?
    Hi!

    Groovy Notes is meant to be used as a diary/ organizer where you can simultaneously take down notes as well as record voice notes. You can organize & search all your notes by categories, tags and date. You can attach photos or sketches to your notes, export them as PDFs, backup to Dropbox etc.

    A Day in Life is more of a personal visual journal where you can record your daily events and store memories. It has a lot of personalized features like location & weather tagging, attaching photos and you can view your journal entries in different interesting styles. You can also export your journal entries and back them up to Dropbox and Box.

    Both the apps have been developed using Adobe AIR.
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
  15. cbvinh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,662 Posts
    #65  

    Default

    Before my trip, I pre-filled in my itinerary. No location or weather was entered at that time, for obvious reasons. During the trip, I could edit the location, but weather would need to be manually entered. A work-around is to create a new entry, add location and weather, then copy over the itinerary info. If I forgot to add the weather, then I would have to manually enter it.

    Here's what I'd like...

    It would be great if I could add the location at any time and then add the weather info automatically based on location, even for old entries where I've already left the location. For example, I was on Koh Samui two days ago, but am just filling in the entries for that day. I would like to enter Koh Samui, Thailand and have the weather pull the report from two days ago, near the time I set for the entry.

    I don't necessarily have time/wifi everyday to do entries, so being able to do entries after the fact would be a nice feature.

    Thanks!
  16. XLabz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #66  

    Default

    Hi!

    Thanks for the suggestion. We'll see if we can implement it.


    Quote Originally Posted by cbvinh View Post
    Before my trip, I pre-filled in my itinerary. No location or weather was entered at that time, for obvious reasons. During the trip, I could edit the location, but weather would need to be manually entered. A work-around is to create a new entry, add location and weather, then copy over the itinerary info. If I forgot to add the weather, then I would have to manually enter it.

    Here's what I'd like...

    It would be great if I could add the location at any time and then add the weather info automatically based on location, even for old entries where I've already left the location. For example, I was on Koh Samui two days ago, but am just filling in the entries for that day. I would like to enter Koh Samui, Thailand and have the weather pull the report from two days ago, near the time I set for the entry.

    I don't necessarily have time/wifi everyday to do entries, so being able to do entries after the fact would be a nice feature.

    Thanks!
    Check out our other apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 here.

    For the latest news, updates, deals and giveaways, follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

    www.xlabz.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Sold my 30 day old ipad 2 for playbook
    By Spellreflekt in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 09:33 AM
  2. Grooveshark now available in App World for Playbook
    By robtanz in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 12:19 PM
  3. Wallet in the commercial for Playbook
    By mandir75 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
  4. Skype Found in App World for PlayBook for $2.99?
    By sf49ers in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
  5. Skype Found in App World for PlayBook for $2.99?
    By sf49ers in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions