I have a Playbook and a Blackberry Mini Keyboard. I write books averaging 350,000 words, so I need to be able to easily navigate to the beginning or end of Word To Go files, like I would in Word for Windows with the ctrl+home and ctrl+end functions.

I've searched the manuals for both products, Google results, and the Crackberry forums, to no avail so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    01-22-13 12:52 AM
    I don't think that the current version of PB's Doc to Go have those shortcut keys... or even the third Apps available in the AppWorld...

Out-of-curiosity only, if you are writing books and averaging 350K words, why you wouldn't use a conventional and portable laptop (such as those powerful netbooks available in the market nowadays) for that task... it will be more convenient, easy and manageable to you – rather than tablets... again, just only out-of-curiosity...
    01-22-13 01:58 AM
    Office Suite Pro (needs to be sideloaded) has a "go to top/bottom" function. Don't know if it can be triggered by a BT keyboard, though.
    01-22-13 02:35 AM
    I don't think that the current version of PB's Doc to Go have those shortcut keys... or even the third Apps available in the AppWorld...

Out-of-curiosity only, if you are writing books and averaging 350K words, why you wouldn't use a conventional and portable laptop (such as those powerful netbooks available in the market nowadays) for that task... it will be more convenient, easy and manageable to you – rather than tablets... again, just only out-of-curiosity...
    I have a big fast heavy laptop with a huge screen but short battery life that I use for a desktop. The Playbook with matching mini-keyboard and cover/stand is very portable and has great battery life; perfect for when I'm out of the house. With my bluetooth mouse, I can do almost any PC tasks, and for the rest I use Splashtop Remote Desktop to actually do them on my PC. If I only want to use it for games, reading, video, or camera, I can take just the Playbook and be able to fit it in a medium-sized pocket. Netbooks can't match this versatility. I do have some complaints about the BB PB, but that's another thread...
    01-22-13 04:31 AM
    Until I find a way to actually duplicate the ctrl+home and ctrl+end functions, (which I'm still looking for) I'll make sure I write "The End" at the end of the file when I begin writing. Then I can use the Search function, searching for the title or my name to replace ctrl+home, and searching for The End to replace ctrl+end. As I say, cheezy, but it'll work for now.
    01-22-13 04:38 AM
    Until I find a way to actually duplicate the ctrl+home and ctrl+end functions, (which I'm still looking for) I'll make sure I write "The End" at the end of the file when I begin writing. Then I can use the Search function, searching for the title or my name to replace ctrl+home, and searching for The End to replace ctrl+end. As I say, cheezy, but it'll work for now.
    Why not use bookmarks???
    01-22-13 04:44 AM
    As I said- with Office Suite, swipe from top and choose view, which brings up the dialogue-
    Attached Thumbnails ctrl+home, ctrl+end for Playbook?-img_20121003.jpg   ctrl+home, ctrl+end for Playbook?-img_20121004.jpg  
    01-22-13 04:55 AM