Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  1. hedone.hawker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    432 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Crossfade in music player

    Hi guys!

    I'm looking for more than two days now for one simple music player that will play songs one after another without silence in between. I tried zillion on players but I'm nowhere near solution... so... What I need is a player where songs from PB or from playlist on PB will start a few seconds before playing one is over.

    Any idea? I really need it asap for a bar where they would like to set up playlist and leave a playbook to take care of their music.
    Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)
    Chief Developer Group Manager @ BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan

    Creative Troublemaker @ HedoneDesign and i-Mentalist
  2. SPNKr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    491 Posts
    PIN
    :x secret
    #2  

    Default

    Get Neutron Music Player it's about 999 x's better than the native music player and it looks like it offers what you are looking for.






    It does come with 4.99 price tag tho.
    Check Out My Wallpaper Thread
    GRIFFIN UP SAAB 9-3
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / BlackBerry Storm 9530 / BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 / BlackBerry Bold 9650 / BlackBerry Bold 9930 / BlackBerry Zed10
    BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB / 32GB / 64GB
  3. hedone.hawker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    432 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    I was stupid enough to buy it, but it doesn't mix music (start next song on the list a few seconds before the one running is ended)... Maybe I don't know how to click Fade or Crossfade button but this doesn't work. I also can not set time to limit crossing to a few seconds (so that new song starts let's say 5 seconds before song I'm playing stops).

    Any other ideas?
    Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)
    Chief Developer Group Manager @ BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan

    Creative Troublemaker @ HedoneDesign and i-Mentalist
  4. Just Me's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    917 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Did you try Pacemaker?
    Boring signature.
  5. Rjinswand's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    176 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I guess you're looking for gapless playback - one of the great things my MiniDisc player supported back in the days. It can be achieved using some formats of which PlayBook can read AAC. It may work using the converter software mentioned in the Wiki entry.
  6. NoraMelua's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Neutron is excellent and supports both gapless playback and crossfading. These features are turned off by default, but they can be easily enabled through the settings screen.

    Thanked by 2:
    Majestic Lion (12-20-2012),  Rjinswand (12-20-2012) 
  7. costas1966's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hedone.hawker View Post
    I was stupid enough to buy it, but it doesn't mix music (start next song on the list a few seconds before the one running is ended)... Maybe I don't know how to click Fade or Crossfade button but this doesn't work. I also can not set time to limit crossing to a few seconds (so that new song starts let's say 5 seconds before song I'm playing stops).

    Any other ideas?
    Are you serious? It does EXACTLY what you want....I have been playing with for weeks....from mixes to karaoke....message me if you're still having issues...I'll guide you through it.
  8. hedone.hawker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    432 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    Did you try Pacemaker?
    Pacemaker is great app with great UX and UI but doesnt support playlist playing. that way I'm stuck with PB in my hands for all night coz app cant play by its self.
    Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)
    Chief Developer Group Manager @ BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan

    Creative Troublemaker @ HedoneDesign and i-Mentalist
  9. hedone.hawker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    432 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraMelua View Post
    Neutron is excellent and supports both gapless playback and crossfading. These features are turned off by default, but they can be easily enabled through the settings screen.
    I'm sorry NoraMelua - it looks like I need glasses (so, after spending god knows how many time I did find it...) or this guys really need UX expert to help them create UX and UI that will be understandable by users...
    Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)
    Chief Developer Group Manager @ BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan

    Creative Troublemaker @ HedoneDesign and i-Mentalist
  10. hedone.hawker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    432 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by costas1966 View Post
    Are you serious? It does EXACTLY what you want....I have been playing with for weeks....from mixes to karaoke....message me if you're still having issues...I'll guide you through it.
    Sorry dude.. it's true... it does... but I really don't know who did UX on this app... (guessing... no one?)
    Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)
    Chief Developer Group Manager @ BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan

    Creative Troublemaker @ HedoneDesign and i-Mentalist
  11. costas1966's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hedone.hawker View Post
    Sorry dude.. it's true... it does... but I really don't know who did UX on this app... (guessing... no one?)
    Awesome, you found it! Lol...yeah, it's definitely not THE most intutive UI in this case, but it's not too bad to figure out. The crossfade is smooth, and I can
    set the in/out seconds, as well as song fade in/out. It's gonna take some experimenting, but it's really stable from my experience.

    Good luck with it!!
  12. hedone.hawker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    432 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by costas1966 View Post
    Awesome, you found it! Lol...yeah, it's definitely not THE most intutive UI in this case, but it's not too bad to figure out. The crossfade is smooth, and I can
    set the in/out seconds, as well as song fade in/out. It's gonna take some experimenting, but it's really stable from my experience.

    Good luck with it!!
    thanx man! Yes... I did found it... but I also found that PB needs great player... I'm thinking of building one with my guys...
    Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)
    Chief Developer Group Manager @ BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan

    Creative Troublemaker @ HedoneDesign and i-Mentalist
  13. costas1966's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hedone.hawker View Post
    thanx man! Yes... I did found it... but I also found that PB needs great player... I'm thinking of building one with my guys...
    That's a great idea! I fully agree...the native player royally sucks!! Good luck, and if you need some beta testing, I'm in.

Similar Threads

  1. Disable crossfade in Media Player?
    By jhendrickson in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 12:51 PM
  3. Folders in music player?
    By jaydeesan in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
  4. Found a teeny bug in music player
    By fonebrkr in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. Song Doesn't show up in Music Player but....
    By BroadSword in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions