Thanks to LimeTripBlog, i was looking for this game as soon as I woke this morning. It looks like it may have been pushed off the App World New Release page, and it isn't spotlighted on the Featured or Games pages yet. Downloading at the moment, and as mentioned, it costs 2.99$.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    11-19-12 06:26 AM
    Thanks to LimeTripBlog, i was looking for this game as soon as I woke this morning. It looks like it may have been pushed off the App World New Release page, and it isn't spotlighted on the Featured or Games pages yet. Downloading at the moment, and as mentioned, it costs 2.99$.
    I'm gonna go and get it too, thanks for posting this thread The app is available in this link, go get it.
    Buy Critter Escape - Download Critter Escape - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World
    11-19-12 06:57 AM
    Here's my initial review. Basically, as you could see if you checked out the gameplay footage on YouTube, the idea is to get your critter to the exit door, while avoiding obstacles like guards who beat you like a baby seal if they see you, scientists who alert the guards, and acid pit-traps that melt you like a gremlin in water.

Levels unlock as you complete them, and new areas and bonus levels unlock as you earn stars for completing objectives. Two objectives are completed by exiting the level, and collecting a gem on each one. Besides those, a third star is earned by completing one of a small variety of level specific objectives. These can include completing the level without being detected, by beating up all the guards, by beating the clock, or by saving all the caged critters.

Gems work as currency in the game, allowing you to buy costumes for your critter, and power-ups you can use to help you complete levels and objectives. So far, I haven't felt the need to purchase power-ups, as the stages provide enough if you can figure out the most frugal ways of using them. The bonus levels you unlock by collecting stars offer you 25 more gems each when you complete them, so there doesn't seem to be a necessity in making any in app purchases.

The controls can be customised, allowing you to drag the path of the critter, or simply point and tap. The benefit of the path drag, is that the game pauses as you draw the path. And the path can be cancelled at any time if you make a mistake. There's no way I found to view the level, so dragging a path over the entire place, then cancelling, is a viable alternative to seeing where you have to go, and what the layout is.

The available power-ups scattered through out some of the levels allow you to run fast, go invisible or grow into a Hulkritter and return the beat-down to the guards. Also, the traps on some of the levels, while only activating when you trigger them, can be timed to take out the guards too.

There are a lot of levels, so the game seems worth it for the price.

Critter Escape!-img_00000078.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000079.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000080.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000081.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000065.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000067.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000068.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000070.jpgCritter Escape!-img_00000077.jpg
    11-19-12 10:26 AM
    Game looks good. I may have to check it out myself. Are there also in-app payments in addition to the $2.99 price? I'm just basing this on the 4th screen shot you got there for the gems.
    11-19-12 10:36 AM
    Game looks good. I may have to check it out myself. Are there also in-app payments in addition to the $2.99 price? I'm just basing this on the 4th screen shot you got there for the gems.
    Yes, you can make in app purchases. As I'd mentioned though, it doesn't seem to be a necessity. The game starts you with 200 gems, you can get a gem on each level, and there are 15 bonus levels that earn you 25 gems each. Unless you want all the costumes unlocked immediately, and want to make the game overly easy by buying power-ups on every level.
    bbqkid8 likes this.
    11-19-12 11:12 AM
    Thanks. My skimming skills missed that part
    11-19-12 01:22 PM
    Thanks. My skimming skills missed that part
    No worries, only the very picky people read a review that long, I think, that's why I include lotsa pics!
    11-19-12 02:36 PM
    So everyone who is waiting for Dead Trigger here's some info that I got from Union. It is definitely coming soon.
    We are currently considering the release of Dead Trigger so no definite word on that yet. I will keep you posted if its coming though.
    11-19-12 06:19 PM
    So everyone who is waiting for Dead Trigger here's some info that I got from Union. It is definitely coming soon.
    "We are currently considering the release of Dead Trigger so no definite word on that yet. I will keep you posted if its coming though."

Hmmm, their response doesn't translate to definitely coming soon... It sounds more like there's no definite word on that yet, and they'll keep you posted if it's coming.
    11-19-12 06:57 PM
    "We are currently considering the release of Dead Trigger so no definite word on that yet. I will keep you posted if its coming though."

Hmmm, their response doesn't translate to definitely coming soon... It sounds more like there's no definite word on that yet, and they'll keep you posted if it's coming.
    Just being positive, that's all
    11-19-12 07:06 PM
    Just being positive, that's all
    Hehehe! Sorry, you're right! Yay!

Oh, I just noticed that some of the costumes have protective qualities. The ninja suit actually makes the critter harder to notice. I can often run right through the guards without them chasing me. Of all the challenges, beating the clock can be the most obnoxious. The only suit in the first world that can really help you through these is the ninja suit, as the only real threat besides guards are the acid pits... But those tend to work more in your favour than against. I particularly enjoy melting the scientists.
    11-19-12 07:19 PM
    Awesome game, from genre of Spy mouse. Really love it.
    11-20-12 11:53 AM