Just wondering...

I was writing a comment in a forum, but wanted to save it for later. So I copied it, then went to my EasyNote app to save it: Impossible. So I opened Smart Office: Again impossible, as the "paste" button showed up grayed out.
    I was starting to believe that you simply can't do this, when I tried with a 3rd app, ThinkFree Office, and it worked.

Am I doing something wrong, or are these app-based limitations?
    Just curious...
    07-03-12 03:39 PM
    I think it's an app based limitation- at least for Smart Office (don't have EasyNote). Typically you can copy and paste between apps. But Smart Office, at least, must have its own, dedicated clipboard unconnected to the PB's clipboard.
    07-03-12 05:17 PM
    I tried it with Docs to go and Evernote, it pasted the text from the browser. Indeed pacoman was right. You might want to contact the devs to support that feature.
    07-03-12 05:37 PM
    Ok, thanks guys.
    07-03-12 05:39 PM
    Ok, thanks guys.
    SmartOffice seems like a klunky port of an Android app. They converted the code but never bothered to properly integrate it with the PB. Hence the odd, non-standard swipe gestures and other nonsense. Too bad RIM botched the native Docs to Go (which works great, just lacks features) so badly that we have to look for alternatives...

RCK
    07-04-12 02:45 AM
    ...Too bad RIM botched the native Docs to Go (which works great, just lacks features) so badly that we have to look for alternatives...

RCK
    Amen to that...
    07-04-12 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD