Check the youtube vid. Pretty slick.

MuruXD and belsunce like this.
    05-09-11 09:33 AM
    totally awesome! thanks!

just bought it now (0.99$ FTW) and it's pret-ty sweet!

super smooth!

wish text would wrap to page (so right now you can't type huge paragraphs..) but then again, this is not really what this app is for.

haven't noticed if there is a way to SAVE notes though.
    05-09-11 01:55 PM
    totally awesome! thanks!

just bought it now (0.99$ FTW) and it's pret-ty sweet!

super smooth!

wish text would wrap to page (so right now you can't type huge paragraphs..) but then again, this is not really what this app is for.

haven't noticed if there is a way to SAVE notes though.
    well, I haven't bought yet but was going to. If you can't save notes, probably won't so let us know.

Thanks
    05-09-11 02:53 PM
    ok so it saves your notes when you close the app, BUT - and there's quite a big BUT I'm afraid - you're limited to three pages of notes maximum, and you can't create different "notebooks", so basically, this is more like a post it sorta app than a note taking one. which makes it pretty useless for me.

too bad because it's one of the more polished apps I've seen so far. it just lacks that oh so essential feature of being able to save several notes/documents.
    05-09-11 04:50 PM
    ok so it saves your notes when you close the app, BUT - and there's quite a big BUT I'm afraid - you're limited to three pages of notes maximum, and you can't create different "notebooks", so basically, this is more like a post it sorta app than a note taking one. which makes it pretty useless for me.

too bad because it's one of the more polished apps I've seen so far. it just lacks that oh so essential feature of being able to save several notes/documents.
    Wow, that's too bad. It's not for me either. Perhaps if you leave that under review for the app, the developer will take note, pardon the pun.

Sorry to have made you "waste" $1
    05-09-11 05:07 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I am the developer. I'll look into the "saving" notes feature. That's a great idea.

Do you mean to something like PDF, .txt or .doc?
    05-09-11 06:33 PM
    Great to see the developer come here for feedback! Probably far more constructive then App World feedback.

Would be nice to save to pdf or doc, with doc you might be able to even open it with word to go. Also the ability to save it as a PNG to the pictures folder would be a big bonus so we could send it to other people.

Maybe the ability to have a "booklet" of saved 3 page notepads? That could be the internal saving mechanism, and a "share/export" feature would save to pdf, doc, or png?
    05-09-11 06:52 PM
    Hi,

yo, the app is super and has a level of polish I haven't seen very often on App World thus far, so definitely, kudos for that!

it just feels right now that you've got this awesome app to jot down quick notes, but that they ultimately cannot be PERMANENT notes because of the three-page limit.

it would be sooo awesome if 1) you could get rid of that page limit and 2) you could save several separate notebooks (maybe have another screen that has your list of notes in it)

now being able to save as PDF on top of that would just be the cherry on top, but more important IMHO would be the ability to have an in-app listing of all your notes. that would be sweeet!

thanks
    05-09-11 06:55 PM
    @HaTaX thank you. I'm just really glad to hear some feedback from the app, so yes, I do check many of the fourms out there.

I built this app with the Playbook in mind so most of my energy will be focused on this version, even though there is an Android version as well. (Few differences between the two). With that being said there is a lot more flexibility only having to worry about 1 device...

Saving to image / pdf is something that I will put in there for sure, I've been also thinking about Facebook/Twitter upload.

@belsunce Notebooks & Screen w/ listed notes... Great idea. Listed notes is pretty easy. Notebooks... doable w/ much thought...

Thank you guys for the feedback!
    thatgadgetgirl and lyricidal like this.
    05-09-11 07:18 PM
    I'm not sure what else you are willing to add but I've been looking for an app that can open, create and save separate files as plain text but allow the user to reasonably open a file with any extension - actually, I want to be able to edit html files. You see the PB browser can open local html files. So being able to create say a HomePage.html file that contains links and that can be edited on the PB and resaved would be terrific.

I'm not looking for the app to provide the html formatting or codes. A copy/paste can get me what I want.

Thanks for listening.
    05-09-11 08:21 PM
    Can you give an option to change the default font?
    05-10-11 12:00 AM
    Can you give an option to change the default font?
    there are four fonts to choose from:

- verdana
    - gill sans
    - times roman and
    - olive

Arial would be nice as well.
    05-10-11 05:06 AM
    This is an awesome app even in its infancy. Can't wait for updates. Nice to feel safe knowing your notes are backed up elsewhere.
    05-10-11 11:03 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, I am the developer. I'll look into the "saving" notes feature. That's a great idea.

Do you mean to something like PDF, .txt or .doc?
    Fantastic! A format that can be edited would be best, preferably re-edited by the NOTO app.

Creating, saving, editing and deleting functions from the NOTO app itself will make this a pretty well finished product. But a format that can be read by others that may not have the NOTO app would be best. Perhaps .txt, .doc, .html or ?. Smooth, elegant and really pretty cool already! I'll get it now and wait for the update!!

Thanks.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-10-11 at 11:12 AM.
    05-10-11 11:08 AM
    there are four fonts to choose from:

- verdana
    - gill sans
    - times roman and
    - olive

Arial would be nice as well.
    Yes, but when you start the app it always reverts to the same font (Olive oil I think).

Also would like it to keep the setting for "Preview" on or off rather than always being on when you restart the app.

Finally, is it possible to edit text that's already been typed in?
    05-10-11 11:47 AM
    Not bad,

I would like to to be able to move text from one page to another by dragging it.

I hope you keep improving it!
    05-10-11 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I do plan on improving the app. I work on it tweak it everyday. I appreciate your feedback and the .99 cents. Many hours have been spent working on this app, so I value your comments.

As of now, I've already add more than 3 pages. And working on some of the other features I saw listed here.

Once again, thanks for spreading the word.

@thesminc
    05-10-11 06:52 PM
    Very good, thanks for being on it. And BTW, just my opinion but depending on what you add function wise, you should up the price a bit. Buck and a half maybe? You decide. I'd pay a $1.49 for it with editing, saving, deleting, "notebooks" to organize notes with and no page limit.

Others might not though. Some pretty cheap people out here, LOL
    05-11-11 10:59 AM
    Just released an update to NOTO. It should show up in the store shortly. It's version 10.5.

Release Notes:
    - Added more pages, 9 pages total (Making room for NotoBooks....coming soon)
    - Added ability to save as .jpg, .pdf, .txt and .doc files.
    - Added new background
    - Added HD icons
    - Fixed Swipe sensitivity
    - Ability to navigate to individual pages
    - Bug Fixes

* Coming soon.. NotoBooks - Create NotoBooks with 9 pages each.
    Mojoski and belsunce like this.
    05-17-11 02:27 PM
    Just released an update to NOTO. It should show up in the store shortly. It's version 10.5.
    Ok, I'm sold.. Going to get it from App World now. Good on you for listening to feedback and implementing it quickly!

For inspiration, I'd suggest checking out Notes Plus. What I wouldn't give to have that type of app on my playbook. Look at some of the demo videos and see if any of the options there are interesting.
    Last edited by Mojoski; 05-17-11 at 02:54 PM.
    05-17-11 02:50 PM
    @Mojoski - Thanks!!

I checked out Notes Plus, it's a really cool app. Thanks for the tip.
    05-17-11 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD