Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cooklet - Recipe App

Not sure if anyone downloaded this app yet but just downloaded it and liking it so far. I've been looking for a good recipe app for the PB and this one seems to be the best one to date.

Only issue I've noticed so far is that the timer doesn't chime when it reaches zero.
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I am actually quite impressed with this app. When you add a recipe to the shopping cart, a little envelope actually flies up to the status bar. It's not as good as epicurious, but it's a REALLY good start.

A number of new apps are actually quite good. Eventseekr's a really good app...
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Just saw and downloaded it today, it"s quite good! I've got to say that I'm more impressed with the quality of some of the apps I've seen than I originally thought I'd be before I bought my Playbook last week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thank you very much for your kind words timer is fixed and converter is simplified in the newest release, already available on the App World. Enjoy!
    Thanked by:
    bquinney (11-21-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio99 View Post
    Thank you very much for your kind words timer is fixed and converter is simplified in the newest release, already available on the App World. Enjoy!
    Thanks! Downloaded the update this morning. Really like the UI changes. Seems to be running smoother also.

Like the chiming timer too!
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Great! :-) thank you. Good luck with your culinary adventures.
    Let me know here if you spot any new problem or in case you'd like to improve some features or propose some new ones :-)

Cheers!
    Thanked by:
    aminrajabi (10-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

What a neat little app! Good UI, seems functional enough I look forward to giving some recipes a whirl.

My only request wouldn't necessarily pertain to the app specifically perhaps the whole site. I do wish there was an easy way to upload my own recipes into a private book without a moderator approving it. Even if it's just temporary so that I can still access it in the meantime. That way ones I upload are available to me right away.

Great app at anyway!
    Thanked by 2:
    giorgio99 (10-23-2011),  klc99 (11-24-2011) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
  8. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Very cool app Look forward to some interesting dinners!

Any possibility for a search by food type feature (e.g. fish, beef, vegetarian) for a future release?
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (10-23-2011) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

@crazylegshinch:
    Regarding Cooklet - inspiring culinary organizer and recipe management - at the very begining of the platform we decided that all the recipes published on it will be publicly available so that we need to make sure that the content (txts, photos, videos) is acceptable (not abusive, vulgar, etc.).
    Second reason is even more important - every recipe's ingredients are recognised by our system so that you don't need to specify every field of the ingredient separately but pasting whole list of ingredients is enough. Accuracy of the recognition of the system varies from 80 to 95% so we need to make sure it's correctly recognised. This identification of ingredients is helpful when users drag the recipe to the shopping list and all the elements appear there nicely (e.g. ingredients are summed up from different recipes).
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by RWD View Post
    Very cool app Look forward to some interesting dinners!

Any possibility for a search by food type feature (e.g. fish, beef, vegetarian) for a future release?
    Please type 'beef' to the search field in the app It's available on top of the menu.
    You can also search for combinations like 'beef + bread' and then on top of the results the recipes that suit best appear.

Enjoy!
    CrackBerry User

There's a very fresh post by Alicia about Cooklet:
    http://crackberry.com/cooklet-inspir...berry-playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have just downloaded the latest update of cooklet, and all I can say is wooow, the animations are smooth, UI is pleasing, I am truly wondering why can't every app be as smooth and as well made as cooklet, do you really use adobe sdk to built this?
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-21-2011) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

@marksasongko - thanks a lot
    It's done with Adobe software, great set of tools for apps development.

Thanks again and good luck in the kitchen
    Cheers!
    Thanked by:
    greatwiseone (11-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Cheers!
    the air/flash apps in the appworld are usually slow in animations, I used to blame adobe for a poor sdk. But now I know that it's really up to the devs. I can't cook, but your app makes me wanna hit the kitchen and try out every recipe in it
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,081 Global Posts

Downloaded it on my wife's playbook. I am hoping she will cook me feasts now!

Nice app. Would recommend it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-22-2011) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Cheers!
    An amazing app. The Adobe AIR based UI is awesome. Keep up the good work!
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-22-2011) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by marksasongko View Post
    the air/flash apps in the appworld are usually slow in animations, I used to blame adobe for a poor sdk. But now I know that it's really up to the devs. I can't cook, but your app makes me wanna hit the kitchen and try out every recipe in it
    Thanks! At some point we also thought it's impossible but paraphrasing one short though very famous quote, we said to each other, yes we can!

I think if you follow this kind of thinking in the kitchen then sky's the limit yes you can!

Cheers and good luck!
    Thanked by:
    marksasongko (11-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

There's a new, Xmas update available in the AW
    Another good news is that Cooklet is #AppOfTheWeek by @BlackBerry

Happy Holidays!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Am I missing something?

I might be completely missing something obvious, but please tell me: how do you add your own recipes to Cooklet when using the Playbook app?
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-14-2012) 
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Good timing - I was just cooking myself up some fried eggs "over medium" being bored waiting for that perfect "over medium" point - and wishing I had my playbook to entertain me - I left it in the living room but couldn't chance missing that perfect "medium "point of the eggs... so I sat bored thinking - you know - a recipe app would be great for the playbook for this environment....then I was thinking OOOO!!! egg timer app!! wolfed down my eggs, wiped off my greasy fingers and touched my way to App world.....
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-14-2012) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by meep234 View Post
    I might be completely missing something obvious, but please tell me: how do you add your own recipes to Cooklet when using the Playbook app?
    As of now you can only add the recipes on Cooklet - inspiring culinary organizer. We know it would be cool to introduce so it's in our plans for next couple of months.

Thanks!
    G
    CrackBerry User

Default New Cooklet

I'm pleased to infrom you that all-new Cooklet will be launched tomorrow, Nov 15 :-)
    It took us 9 months to develop and it's finally here Here's a little sneak peek of what's coming.
    https://twitter.com/i/#!/CookletApp/...com%2FlWRnJwDc

There's special introductory price of $1.99 for the first days, with $4.99 to follow later.

Enjoy!
    g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cooklet - Recipe App-fb_cover_blank_newcooklet_launch1_03.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Awesome update! The UI changes are great and the app definitely flows better than before. I love the added social aspect.

Noticed a couple of small bugs (i.e. doesn't seem to want to log me in, profile edits through the app don't seem to work) but hopefully that gets fixed in future releases.

EDIT: Man you guys are fast. Just saw an update and see that it has fixed the two issues above.
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (11-16-2012) 
    giorgio99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

6.2.7 is the newest available Glad to see you like it! We take care of the details and polish the app every free moment thank you and enjoy!
    In case of any new problems found let us know on Twitter (Cooklet (CookletApp) on Twitter) or FB (http://www.facebook.com/CookletApp) or apps@cooklet.com if you prefer cheers!
    Thanked by 3:
    aminrajabi (11-20-2012),  BB_Bmore (11-16-2012),  cisop (11-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

I purchased the app last night but, right away, was not very impressed. My favourites page doesn't load the recipes and crashes the app. Overall, the categories are too vague and not very useful when searching for a recipe. For example, I clicked the "beef" category and only recipes for salads were returned, when I clicked the "dinner" category, I got a bunch of dessert recipes.
    Thanked by:
    giorgio99 (12-17-2012) 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast