Thanks I'll try my comics that way when I fresh install and no idea cannot get to any settings or app features as it stops at 94% scan on first boot and after that I cannot access the app settings because it just gets stuck on scanning every time I load the app heh but I am going to do a security wipe and try again haven't been wiped ever so im thinking that's where alot of my problems are coming from.. I'll post how things go when I'm done
    Delete all your comics off of your PB, then launch the app. It'll do a quick scan, find nothing, and then you should be able to access the options to turn of auto scan.

Then start adding books back a few at a time, doing manual scans, until you find the ones it doesn't like.
    03-19-12 07:04 AM
    I'm not a comic guy but does anyone know where I might find the walking dead series?
    03-19-12 07:19 AM
    this app is so worth it for $2.99! thanks!
    03-19-12 10:00 PM
    Hi,

I gather it's a new feature where if it has problems with a page, it keeps going until it finds one that works? Of course, I can still go backwards to the first one it skipped and go forwards again.
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-20-12 08:04 AM
    Delete all your comics off of your PB, then launch the app. It'll do a quick scan, find nothing, and then you should be able to access the options to turn of auto scan.

Then start adding books back a few at a time, doing manual scans, until you find the ones it doesn't like.
    That is indeed a good way to find out the comics it's struggling with. If you could find the problem, you can always send us the comics.log file, created by Comics, in the misc directory of your PlayBook.
    03-20-12 08:39 AM

Yea that's what I had planned to do but I have alot of problems with other apps and mainly the native PB browser being incredibly laggy which it was not previously also I'm pretty sure comics picked up all my comics in the scan when I was on 1.7 os so I didn't Wana waste hours adding comics back 1-5 at a time hehe so I've decided its best to do a security wipe and start fresh thanks for the help though just finished backing everything up and doing a wipe now
    03-20-12 10:39 AM
    I'm not a comic guy but does anyone know where I might find the walking dead series?
    They are pretty much comics but in graphic novel forum.. I've only seen them in hard cover paperback kindle format �--- you can get those at Amazon.com but if you make use of Google you can find the Cbr's.. <-- or cbz I should say but doesn't really matter
    Last edited by Alt-F4; 03-20-12 at 03:30 PM.
    BarracudaBob likes this.
    03-20-12 11:00 AM
    Just a update on my issue with comics did a security wipe and comics is working like a charm! just my. Cbr comics wouldn't add for the most part but I just converted a few over to .Cbz and they added perfectly on that note.. Does anyone know of a good program (or any program) that will automate theprocess of conversion from .Cbr to cbz? I saw a cbz to Cbr prog lol but nada for the opposite :/ might see if calibre will do it but if anyone knows of a simple converter I'd appreciate it

PS Again awesome app if you don't have it grab it now!
    03-20-12 03:35 PM
    You can use comicrack (free), but other users have also suggested that you can just change the file extension yourself and that will work too.
    03-20-12 03:53 PM
    yeah i just changed the extensions manually, there usually aren't many that won't work, for me at least, maybe one percent
    03-20-12 04:50 PM
    Yea I've been just changing the extensions but thought there might be a program that automates it lol I have hundreds of comics I'd like to have on it overkill or not lol ill check out comic rack thanks
    03-20-12 06:35 PM
    yes i have about three hundred comics on my playbook as well but surely there aren't that many you actually need to fix are there?

i mean maybe there are, i don't know, i just know that i've hardly run into more than half a dozen or ten in all the comics i have loaded
    03-20-12 06:39 PM
    yes i have about three hundred comics on my playbook as well but surely there aren't that many you actually need to fix are there?

i mean maybe there are, i don't know, i just know that i've hardly run into more than half a dozen or ten in all the comics i have loaded
    You mean Cbr comics that run fine for you? Hmm I did a test load after my fresh install and threw atleast 30 comics on not realizing they were all Cbr accept 2 and the only 2 that scanned in were the cbz rest didn't load and I have the beta Cbr option on..
    heh not complaining I don't mind converting them as I add em I just want to do the whole batch into cbz to get rid of any errors
    03-20-12 09:31 PM
    oh wow, no i meant cbr's that don't work.

The vast majority of my comics are actually cbr (i'm going to guess three quarters) and it is very rare that one fails to load for me
    03-21-12 02:38 AM
    Honestly the majority of them worked when I first bought the app in... December I think things started going to he'll (with most of my apps) after the official 2.0 os but yea idk. It didn't like one single Cbr I tried since my security wipe but I don't mind.. I'd rather have them all the same format anyhow trying to figure out how to do a mass conversion in comic rack now lol
    03-21-12 10:59 AM
    Latest updates have improve the app so much! Aside from Comics there really aren't any other apps I'm fond of.

All it needs now is ability to mark comics as read and choosing which folders to scan (the duplicate android folder gets on my nerves). Great work devs
    03-22-12 08:55 PM
    I love this app. Using it to read Thw Walkinf Dead
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-22-12 09:16 PM
    I love this app. Using it to read Thw Walkinf Dead
    I hope you were not typing using playbook's keyboard
    KermEd likes this.
    03-22-12 10:59 PM
    purchased and downloaded the app to my pb, ran the app with comics inside pb and it scanned found them and crashed. now when i start app it tries to scan but does not and crashes. i have taken comics out of pb and tried and still crashes, i have tried restarting the pb and reinstalling the app. i have used .cbr and .cbz files in my attempts(the very first scan found them but then crashed before finishing scan). thanks for any help.
    03-23-12 12:32 PM
    purchased and downloaded the app to my pb, ran the app with comics inside pb and it scanned found them and crashed. now when i start app it tries to scan but does not and crashes. i have taken comics out of pb and tried and still crashes, i have tried restarting the pb and reinstalling the app. i have used .cbr and .cbz files in my attempts(the very first scan found them but then crashed before finishing scan). thanks for any help.
    I didn't have crashing while scanning so I'm not sure about your problem or if this will even do anything but check your misc folder for the comics.log file created by comics maybe delete that after you uninstall comics then try reinstalling? Idk heh just what I'd try I guess.. I had some issues with the scanning freezing up on me and due to other app issues I was having I did a security wipe and comics and my other problem apps are all working great now.
    03-23-12 05:57 PM
    I didn't have crashing while scanning so I'm not sure about your problem or if this will even do anything but check your misc folder for the comics.log file created by comics maybe delete that after you uninstall comics then try reinstalling? Idk heh just what I'd try I guess.. I had some issues with the scanning freezing up on me and due to other app issues I was having I did a security wipe and comics and my other problem apps are all working great now.
    The comics.log file will indeed give you more information about the issue. You can always send this file to us if you need any help.
    03-24-12 03:21 AM
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24003555/comics.log

there is a link to my comics.log file, thanks
    03-24-12 11:26 AM
    I'd be willing to give it a shot with a trial. Not putting down $3 if I don't know that it suits my needs.
    03-24-12 03:52 PM
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24003555/comics.log

there is a link to my comics.log file, thanks
    It seems like Comics has a problem with the comic book 'Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templar CDWindows.zip'. Can you send us this file which allows us to test it on our devices.
    03-26-12 02:57 AM
    I'd be willing to give it a shot with a trial. Not putting down $3 if I don't know that it suits my needs.

Totally worth $3 (less than the price of a comic).

Easily the best comic viewing experience on playbook and is getting better all the time.
    03-26-12 04:22 AM
600 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD