It seems like Comics has a problem with the comic book 'Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templar CDWindows.zip'. Can you send us this file which allows us to test it on our devices.
    yes i can send the files.
    but
    the file you are talking about is not a comic nor was it ever in with my comics. broken sword.zip is a game for an emulator on playbook inside the Scumm folder.
    03-26-12 07:07 PM
    yes i can send the files.
    but
    the file you are talking about is not a comic nor was it ever in with my comics. broken sword.zip is a game for an emulator on playbook inside the Scumm folder.
    That could indeed explain the problem you're experiencing. I made a bug report for it and will take a closer look at it.
    03-28-12 03:18 AM
    if the app isn't worth $3 (though it most certainly is), surely this kind of support is^
    tms22 likes this.
    03-28-12 03:51 AM
    It always crashes when I'm half way through a comic. There�s No �go to page� function, no �book mark� function.. Sorry but for $3, it�s a waste of money.. It needs many improvements
    03-28-12 10:52 AM
    It always crashes when I'm half way through a comic. There�s No �go to page� function, no �book mark� function.. Sorry but for $3, it�s a waste of money.. It needs many improvements
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these problems. You can off course always contact us with more information so we are able to help you fixing these problems.

Actually there is a "go to page" function in Comics and comic books are bookmarked when you are reading, or have read, a comic book. A manual bookmark function is indeed not available at the moment.
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-28-12 02:40 PM
    you know that weird al song? 'everything you know is wrong'? yeah.
    03-28-12 05:59 PM
    I hope you were not typing using playbook's keyboard
    I totally was! The autocorrect f...s up my text entry in some boxes and some apps. So I keep it disabled.
    03-29-12 06:33 PM
    I'd be willing to give it a shot with a trial. Not putting down $3 if I don't know that it suits my needs.
    How much do you spend at Starbucks on average? And how long does that experience last for?

I wouldn't consider 2 suggestions "needed" improvements. It needs to do what it says it does in the description. It would be nice for it to do anything else.

If you are this cheap, go panhandle. You'll make $3 back in a few minutes. And please don't go to restaurants, the employees don't like people who are too cheap to leave a tip.

Sorry. But for $3 it does what it says it does AND the developer is actively working to improve the application in their own spare time and deserve to be rewarded for that time. We aren't talking about breaking the bank here, or a massive reoccuring fee. Heck your ATM charges are probably higher in a day.

I disagree with both of you. But I can agree to disagree.
    sushistew, DD1968 and cafemag like this.
    03-29-12 06:44 PM
    I'm pretty new to the whole world of comics (I only have 1 paper comic at home...) but after rediscovering my passion for Buffy -the tv series- I decided to give comics a go. After a short search I found myself pretty much all of the Buffy comics, so I figured, why not see if there's an easy way to read them on the PB? That's how I ended up here.

I ran into some trouble opening the cbr files, but after using the instructions on the first pages of this thread (extract, zip and rename to .cbz) all the files I added so far were recognized. So far this app does what I want it to do, the only 'problem' I have is that it's sometimes a bit slow and unresponsive to swipes. Still, I'm happy to be able to read my Buffy comics now
    04-01-12 06:58 PM
    How much do you spend at Starbucks on average? And how long does that experience last for?

I wouldn't consider 2 suggestions "needed" improvements. It needs to do what it says it does in the description. It would be nice for it to do anything else.

If you are this cheap, go panhandle. You'll make $3 back in a few minutes. And please don't go to restaurants, the employees don't like people who are too cheap to leave a tip.

Sorry. But for $3 it does what it says it does AND the developer is actively working to improve the application in their own spare time and deserve to be rewarded for that time. We aren't talking about breaking the bank here, or a massive reoccuring fee. Heck your ATM charges are probably higher in a day.

I disagree with both of you. But I can agree to disagree.
    I don't think people wanting a trial makes them cheap or worthy of criticism. I'm looking at the app's description and screenshots and there's plenty of features that are not mentioned that would make the decision easier. Is there a way to purchase comics from within the app? How does the dynamic panel reading work? Does it even have one?

People that happen to be careful with theirs disposable income should not be shut down for trying to learn more about the product or service their money is buying.
    sushistew and ambarmetta like this.
    04-01-12 08:44 PM
    I don't think people wanting a trial makes them cheap or worthy of criticism. I'm looking at the app's description and screenshots and there's plenty of features that are not mentioned that would make the decision easier. Is there a way to purchase comics from within the app? How does the dynamic panel reading work? Does it even have one?

People that happen to be careful with theirs disposable income should not be shut down for trying to learn more about the product or service their money is buying.
    A trial is indeed not available at the moment. But if you have specific questions about Comics, don't hesitate to contact us.
    sushistew, cafemag and ambarmetta like this.
    04-02-12 06:39 AM
    I just bought this app and immediately wish i didnt. Slow loading and swiping to turn a page is horrendous.

I try and support native apps but on this occassion i wish i didnt. Will njot use again adn cant get refund.. though you should be abnle to as it doesnt do what it says..

Will use comic rack from now on.
    04-13-12 03:35 AM
    I just bought this app and immediately wish i didnt. Slow loading and swiping to turn a page is horrendous.

I try and support native apps but on this occassion i wish i didnt. Will njot use again adn cant get refund.. though you should be abnle to as it doesnt do what it says..

Actually I use both. There are some comics, that for some reason, won't open in one app, but will in the other, and visa-versa. I will say that the UI of CR does look neater, and more featured, but I think this has more to do with the QNX appearance than this app. I'm not sure what SDK's the PB uses but one of them makes those big bulky menu buttons usually in the swipe-down settings menus that I dont like the appearance of.
    04-13-12 09:06 AM
    I found another issue I wanted to let you guys know about. I created a folder with this structure:
    /documents/Comics/Queen & Country
    and under it I have two folders:
    /documents/Comics/Queen & Country/Queen & Country
    /documents/Comics/Queen & Country/Queen & Country Declassified

When I do a scan, the app finds the top level folder and it finds the Declassified folder, but it won't show me the "Queen & Country" folder. If I take all the files out of the Queen & Country folder and put them in the main folder, then it finds all the files. I'm guessing the app doesn't like subfolders with the exact same name as the parent folder?

Anyway, at least there's a workaround, but I wanted to let you know about the issue.

Any ETA on the next update?
    04-15-12 09:35 PM

Indeed, loading of cbr files can take multiple seconds. We are working hard to fix this and have a solution to be implemented but unfortunately we have no release date yet. If you have any other issues, you can always contact us to help you fix them.
    04-17-12 01:01 AM
    I found another issue I wanted to let you guys know about. I created a folder with this structure:
    /documents/Comics/Queen & Country
    and under it I have two folders:
    /documents/Comics/Queen & Country/Queen & Country
    /documents/Comics/Queen & Country/Queen & Country Declassified

When I do a scan, the app finds the top level folder and it finds the Declassified folder, but it won't show me the "Queen & Country" folder. If I take all the files out of the Queen & Country folder and put them in the main folder, then it finds all the files. I'm guessing the app doesn't like subfolders with the exact same name as the parent folder?

Anyway, at least there's a workaround, but I wanted to let you know about the issue.

Any ETA on the next update?
    While I was reading your post, I realized that this is indeed a possible bug still present in Comics. Thank you very much for your notification! A have a small list of minor bugs to fix and hope to release a new update of Comics within 2 weeks.
    cafemag and ambarmetta like this.
    04-17-12 01:05 AM
    Indeed, loading of cbr files can take multiple seconds. We are working hard to fix this and have a solution to be implemented but unfortunately we have no release date yet. If you have any other issues, you can always contact us to help you fix them.
    Well im using .cbz files and i honestly find the app on usable. Im not a hater.. i give credit were its due and as i said your UI is cool. Just get the app working and i may go back to it.

But i will use this as an example of why developers should offer a trial period.
    04-19-12 06:14 AM
    Its a great start but the constant open then crash,parsing errors,most fixed by mem0ryburn method and portrait mode problems are holding it back from its true potential but what really makes the wait worth it is the support shown from the dev,thanks.Great app just needs a few tweaks more and you will be better then comicrack.
    04-22-12 03:33 PM
    Actually, I find the app quite effective at reading quality scans of classic '80s works. It depends on your source files (and that that as you will in terms of the legality of how you get your sources and where they come from).

Granted, it does miss a few (for one title, it can't read specific issues, most near the latter end of the run but not all). Hard to say what could be the cause, but I suspect it's poor wrapping (my term for putting the stuff into a .cbr or .cbz).

For the price, I'm quite pleased. Keep up the good work with the native development. If other apps are forthcoming, please keep us informed!
    04-22-12 03:40 PM
    "Opens all .CBZ, .CBR and .ZIP comic books"

As I understand it, CBZ and ZIP are the same file structure, as are CBR and RAR.

That being the case, I'd like to suggest that RAR extension support be added. It seems like it should be a simple tweak, and would remove a lot of annoying file renaming on my (and others) part.
    04-23-12 12:47 AM
    Hi,

I downloaded a comic this weekend (yeah, I know that's a bad thing and I deserve what happens). I read the cover and the first 2 pages. When I tried to go to page 3, it looked like it was doing nothing, but I slid down the menu and could see the page numbers counting up. It was at page 15 before I just cancelled out and read it on my computer instead.

Gina
    04-23-12 07:20 AM
    Hi,

I downloaded a comic this weekend (yeah, I know that's a bad thing and I deserve what happens). I read the cover and the first 2 pages. When I tried to go to page 3, it looked like it was doing nothing, but I slid down the menu and could see the page numbers counting up. It was at page 15 before I just cancelled out and read it on my computer instead.

Gina
    +1 , same here.

problem with some .cbr , no problem after convert to .cbz
    04-23-12 11:57 AM
    Any updates/teasers/updates about updates coming down the pipe soon?
    04-23-12 03:00 PM
    Any news on any future updates?Maybe cbr/rar support?
    04-24-12 02:13 PM
    If I set the app to cover mode to view covers in my library I cannot scroll through them. When I set to list mode it work fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 03:35 PM
600 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD